The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Relationships

When is the right time to move in together?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
pippo On January 17, 2006

, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Oct 23, 2005 @ 15:03:48
Any ideas
ikswelapo On December 01, 2009

Monroe, Michigan
#2New Post! Oct 23, 2005 @ 15:07:27
Just depends on how long you have been together and how good of a relationship you have. If you fight a lot or you have been together for like half a year, i wouldnt say you should move in. But if you have been together for a long time and you act like a perfect married couple already, then sure give it a go!
angelsue On January 03, 2011

liverpool, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Oct 23, 2005 @ 15:07:33
when ever you feel it is the right time as long as you both are willing to set some rules on how you live day to day sounds silly but it works you understand each other more so you do it when you ready and good luck to both of you
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#4New Post! Oct 23, 2005 @ 15:07:59
When you're ready.

Or, when the person is going to move 3 hours away if you don't!

, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Oct 23, 2005 @ 15:12:00
Weve been together just over a year-spending about half the week together at each of our houses. Im sick of not having personal space with him though, as we both live in shared houses and tend to spend all our time in our rooms which gets claustrophobic. I get fed up of not being able to spontaniously decided to watch a film with him, because housemates are playing x-box in front room etc.

Monroe, Michigan
#6New Post! Oct 23, 2005 @ 15:14:29
Has he said anything about moving in together, or moving the relationship up or anything?
kyahbean On August 28, 2016

Williamstown, Massachusetts
#7New Post! Oct 23, 2005 @ 15:17:14
When you feel like you're ready. Jonnythan and I moved in really quickly, but it went like this:

I was supposed to move out to Boston, MA (Coastline) at the beginning of this summer. I was accepted into Cape Cod Community College, and was going to move in with my friend Alexis. The plans were in the works, and my roommate and I had already told our landlord we were moving out in June.

June came around and at the end of May, Alexis called me and said she wasn't comeing back to MA, she was on the road with some band. So I couldn't move in with her...

Jonnythan and I had just hit it off, and the thought of being that far apart really sucked. So he offered to let me stay with him for the summer. I said OK!

It was going to be just the summer. And then I was actually planning on going to Cape Cod still on the fall. Well, about halfway through the summer, we realized that we just did not want to be apart. So we decided to make it official and I got my New York license and all of that.

So I would say when you're ready, or when you realize that you can't spend a night away because you love each other that much.

It's not easy, though. Living with someone takes sacrifices, and it will only work out if both parties are willing to make those sacrfices. I lived with other people before Jonnythan, and it was a disaster. I used to say that you shouldn't move in too fast, because it may ruin your relationship, my recent experiances have showed me that if it's meant to be....it doesn't matter how soon you move in. You'll make it work because you love each other that much. And the benefits you will reap will be worth any pain or conflict that may arise.

, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Oct 23, 2005 @ 15:17:22
Sort of a while back, but at the time I didnt want to as we're living quite diferent lives (hes a computer engineer and graduated, where as Im a 2nd year uni student) and I didnt like the fact I wouldnt be able to contribute equally. But now Ive changed my mind I think...

Monroe, Michigan
#9New Post! Oct 23, 2005 @ 15:19:11
well just try talking to him about it, it cant hurt...

#10New Post! Oct 23, 2005 @ 15:20:03
@pippo Said
Sort of a while back, but at the time I didnt want to as we're living quite diferent lives (hes a computer engineer and graduated, where as Im a 2nd year uni student) and I didnt like the fact I wouldnt be able to contribute equally. But now Ive changed my mind I think...

I felt this way at first And sometimes, I still do. Jonnythan pays for pretty much everything. But I do what I can to help out. I do all the laundry, and try to clean up, and try to pay for dinners and things when I can. If he doesn't mind you living there, he will tell you. And you need to just trust him that he is ok with pulling most of the weight.

, United Kingdom
#11New Post! Oct 23, 2005 @ 15:26:44
@kyahbean Said
I felt this way at first And sometimes, I still do. Jonnythan pays for pretty much everything. But I do what I can to help out. I do all the laundry, and try to clean up, and try to pay for dinners and things when I can. If he doesn't mind you living there, he will tell you. And you need to just trust him that he is ok with pulling most of the weight.

Yeh, I know what you mean about doing things to help out. My friends laugh at me because I often cook for him or clean or get him drinks and stuff-they dont understand that he doesnt make me do it, its more that I want to because he does so muh for me! He sometimes transfers money in to my account and doesnt tell me when he knows im broke, which is sweet. I just worry that over time he may see me as a burden

#12New Post! Oct 23, 2005 @ 15:28:47
@pippo Said
I just worry that over time he may see me as a burden

Just trust him. I feel like a burden on Jonnythan too, sometimes, but he tells me that I'm not, and I really just have to trust him to tell me if he thinks I'm not pulling my weight.
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#13New Post! Oct 23, 2005 @ 15:29:44
Kyahbean tells me I need to respond to this thread.

I'm happy she moved in and happy she stayed. The whole thing was my idea though!

#14New Post! Oct 23, 2005 @ 15:30:36
@jonnythan Said
Kyahbean tells me I need to respond to this thread.

I thought maybe he'd have something insightful to say...
reiko On March 27, 2006

Deleted

New York, New York
#15New Post! Oct 23, 2005 @ 15:38:43
@pippo Said
Weve been together just over a year-spending about half the week together at each of our houses. Im sick of not having personal space with him though, as we both live in shared houses and tend to spend all our time in our rooms which gets claustrophobic. I get fed up of not being able to spontaniously decided to watch a film with him, because housemates are playing x-box in front room etc.

Seems to me like you are ready now
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs