The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Religion & Philosophy

What is so hard to understand with Law Of Attraction?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...9 10 11 12 · >>
LovetheProcess On October 19, 2015

Plymouth, Massachusetts
#151New Post! Sep 29, 2011 @ 01:56:13
@Electric_Banana Said

Sometimes we need to understand that most other people are stupid - even if it has be explained to us in a profound manner through someone else.

No one has ever been nor ever will be stupid, through eyes of source.
futilevoice On October 07, 2016

Deleted

, Illinois
#152New Post! Sep 29, 2011 @ 02:48:57
@LovetheProcess Said

Your reaction isn't overly surprising and I understand why people don't share their beliefs without excepting not everyone will get it. I don't think that making judgments on something you don't want to understand is necessary and yes I am one of her so called followers. I know much about many things but I never pretend to know about something when I just don't get it.

I would not have bothered to listen to the video if I were not interested in trying to understand. Just because I disagree, doesn't mean I can't comprehend.
This woman is a fraud. Very much like other leaders of cults trying to draw people into it to make money and exert power over them.
She can't do to you what you don't allow her to however. So, that said, the choice is yours in whatever you choose to believe.
I however, very much do get it.
Electric_Banana On April 24, 2024

, New Zealand
#153New Post! Sep 29, 2011 @ 07:19:49
@LovetheProcess Said

No one has ever been nor ever will be stupid, through eyes of source.

I was being sarcastic.

, New Zealand
#154New Post! Sep 29, 2011 @ 07:29:07
@futilevoice Said

I would not have bothered to listen to the video if I were not interested in trying to understand. Just because I disagree, doesn't mean I can't comprehend.
This woman is a fraud. Very much like other leaders of cults trying to draw people into it to make money and exert power over them.
She can't do to you what you don't allow her to however. So, that said, the choice is yours in whatever you choose to believe.
I however, very much do get it.

Fraud or not - it's all simply good advice and good psychology.

And fraud or not those three people are tapping into the same thing that I tap into.

LTP can show me a video to run and I'll know what Abe is going to say in it before I watch it (sometimes).
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#155New Post! Sep 29, 2011 @ 14:24:38
@futilevoice Said

None of what this woman has said makes any sense at all. She did not answer the man's question and then she proceeded to ramble on about nothing. I don't see how anyone could be interested in this nonsense.

You know what I got out of that? Worrying negatively affects your well-being. What a revelation!
GaryL On January 20, 2021

North Branch, Minnesota
#156New Post! Sep 29, 2011 @ 15:18:32
@Electric_Banana Said

In every single one of those videos Abe was telling people the same thing that I've been telling myself for ages.

@Electric_Banana Said

And fraud or not those three people are tapping into the same thing that I tap into.

So what you're saying is, the Law of Attraction is bulls***.
MadCornishBiker On January 14, 2014

Banned

St Columb Road, United Kingdom
#157New Post! Sep 29, 2011 @ 20:47:25
@GaryL Said

So what you're saying is, the Law of Attraction is bulls***.

Well the "source" is anyway, and very dangerous BS as it makes people internalise too much, a very dangerous pastime. I have to admit I wasn't convinced of that until I heard that link, but as soon as I did I recognised it for the sort of confidence trick that Satan loves to inspire to pull people down into destruction with him.

, New Zealand
#158New Post! Sep 29, 2011 @ 21:17:29
As Christians have been taught - it is not as necessary that others support your religion as long as you do.

But LTP's strong, passionate and determined heart could sell me a bucket of water if I was drowning in the middle of the ocean.

North Branch, Minnesota
#159New Post! Sep 29, 2011 @ 21:42:09
@MadCornishBiker Said

Well the "source" is anyway, and very dangerous BS as it makes people internalise too much, a very dangerous pastime. I have to admit I wasn't convinced of that until I heard that link, but as soon as I did I recognised it for the sort of confidence trick that Satan loves to inspire to pull people down into destruction with him.

I saw that it was BS the first time she mentioned it to me. The quote below is the first time she tried to introduce me to her "process". Anyone with half a brain can see it's a scam. "You can have unlimited amounts of cash if you simply follow me."..........Oh ok, where do I sign up and who do I make the check out to?

@LovetheProcess Said

Now what if I said that if you changed how you felt and then changed how you thought the money would flow in so fast you wouldn't know what to do with it.

I have no doubt she believes what she's saying. I think she is so desperate to find relief for her troubled mind that she will gasp onto anything that offers an inkling of hope. Even if that hope comes with a cup of Koolaid.

Banned

#160New Post! Sep 29, 2011 @ 21:46:45
@GaryL Said

I saw that it was BS the first time she mentioned it to me. The quote below is the first time she tried to introduce me to her "process". Anyone with half a brain can see it's a scam. "You can have unlimited amounts of cash if you simply follow me."..........Oh ok, where do I sign up and who do I make the check out to?

I have no doubt she believes what she's saying. I think she is so desperate to find relief for her troubled mind that she will gasp onto anything that offers an inkling of hope. Even if that hope comes with a cup of Koolaid.

I am afraid that is what these people rely on, because it makes them vulnerable.

North Branch, Minnesota
#161New Post! Sep 29, 2011 @ 21:48:59
@Electric_Banana Said

But LTP's strong, passionate and determined heart could sell me a bucket of water if I was drowning in the middle of the ocean.

Blind obedience.

It's not her message that attracts you, it's your state of mind.

, New Zealand
#162New Post! Sep 29, 2011 @ 22:34:42
@GaryL Said

You're seeing part of the picture but with compassion and understanding you could also see the true LTP which is demonstrative of a an extremely strong willed person who not only wants to help herself but help others as well.

What would be a great aid for Process is for others to simply accept and appreciate the good that she is - recognizing that under the seemingly cold sentences and serious attitude there is a beautifully passionate and strong minded individual.

The ideas that she shares and promotes I do not in any way suspect were intended to be cultish or fraudulent but MOST importantly those ideas are what fuel and give her, her wings.

Now I'm not being condescending. LTP is quite a bit more clever than me in many ways.

Even more so than the Twilight Zonish phenomena that Process led me back to something that struck me aloof because it was many people sharing the same ideas that I thought were exclusive only to me - LTP, herself, hit me like a ton of bricks - it isn't too often that I can hear the true heart of a person in contrast to superficial manner in which people normally relate.

Despite the mounds of text her - I just know her, I don't know how to explain it but know her and I know that she's a rare gem that doesn't come around often.

It just hurts when I don't see her get the respect that she deserves and when someone like myself, the forum's black sheep, is your biggest fan - it can be discouraging.

, New Zealand
#163New Post! Sep 29, 2011 @ 22:38:13
@GaryL Said

Blind obedience.

It's not her message that attracts you, it's your state of mind.

The message is common sense really. It's strange that people have had to promote it as a religion in the first place.

Law of Attraction should be less dramatically labelled as "Law of Common Sense." but it's a common sense that not many apparently ever apply.

LTP's strong, unique, original and determined character is the strongest attraction.

Banned

#164New Post! Sep 29, 2011 @ 22:46:04
@Electric_Banana Said

You're seeing part of the picture but with compassion and understanding you could also see the true LTP which is demonstrative of a an extremely strong willed person who not only wants to help herself but help others as well.

What would be a great aid for Process is for others to simply accept and appreciate the good that she is - recognizing that under the seemingly cold sentences and serious attitude there is a beautifully passionate and strong minded individual.

The ideas that she shares and promotes I do not in any way suspect were intended to be cultish or fraudulent but MOST importantly those ideas are what fuel and give her, her wings.

Now I'm not being condescending. LTP is quite a bit more clever than me in many ways.

Even more so than the Twilight Zonish phenomena that Process led me back to something that struck me aloof because it was many people sharing the same ideas that I thought were exclusive only to me - LTP, herself, hit me like a ton of bricks - it isn't too often that I can hear the true heart of a person in contrast to superficial manner in which people normally relate.

Despite the mounds of text her - I just know her, I don't know how to explain it but know her and I know that she's a rare gem that doesn't come around often.

It just hurts when I don't see her get the respect that she deserves and when someone like myself, the forum's black sheep, is your biggest fan - it can be discouraging.

I cannot comment on LTP's personality since I have no knowledge of it.

The chances of others sharing your ideas and arriving at them independently are not that small. I have heard comedians tell jokes that I thought I had made up myself, but they couldn't have got them from me because I told no-one.

People on here often remark on how similar my beliefs are to the beliefs of the JWs, and they are right to do so because they are very similar indeed, but I arrived at most of mine independently of any outside assistance, which is why I was so totally gobsmacked when I discovered that they believed as I did.

Incidentally, I could say exactly the same about JW's as you say about LTP and yet look how people slander them all the time. I have met hundreds of JW's in my time, but I have never met a happier, more loving and caring group of people in my life, and it was a privilege to be associated with them for the time I was. They are the nearest thing to true Christians I have ever found.

The trouble is there is really only one way to bring real long term benefit to people and the JW's are the ones doing it, though I have to admit I try in my own limited way.

, New Zealand
#165New Post! Sep 29, 2011 @ 23:15:50
@MadCornishBiker Said

I cannot comment on LTP's personality since I have no knowledge of it.

The chances of others sharing your ideas and arriving at them independently are not that small. I have heard comedians tell jokes that I thought I had made up myself, but they couldn't have got them from me because I told no-one.

People on here often remark on how similar my beliefs are to the beliefs of the JWs, and they are right to do so because they are very similar indeed, but I arrived at most of mine independently of any outside assistance, which is why I was so totally gobsmacked when I discovered that they believed as I did.

Incidentally, I could say exactly the same about JW's as you say about LTP and yet look how people slander them all the time. I have met hundreds of JW's in my time, but I have never met a happier, more loving and caring group of people in my life, and it was a privilege to be associated with them for the time I was. They are the nearest thing to true Christians I have ever found.

The trouble is there is really only one way to bring real long term benefit to people and the JW's are the ones doing it, though I have to admit I try in my own limited way.

A few different songs are being sung, you just need to search for those who are also singing yours.

The Jehova's are the Christian faculty that I have the strongest regards for - they cut out the dogmatic crap and they come off as very genuine.

The whole 'Satan' and demons mythos really needs to be eradicated however because it is making a strange situation, that is only strange and nothing more, look malevolent.

I would've had a much easier time finding 'god' if it hadn't been for the obnoxiously comical mistake that I thought that I was being possessed by 'Satan.'
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...9 10 11 12 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs