The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Religion & Philosophy

What equipment do the servants of God and Christ need?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 · >>
tariki On September 16, 2012

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#16New Post! Oct 18, 2011 @ 20:58:28
@MadCornishBiker Said

Lol tariki, you know so much less than you think, and I pity you.

Biker, what have I claimed to know? Tell me.

I claim to rely upon the Grace of Reality-as-is, not any knowledge I may or may not have. What I do know I will put into my posts, just as you do. It is you who claim your own words are in fact only the echo of God's own.

Sadly, I have an inkling that you project much of your own darkness onto me. Yet it need not be dark, truly.

All the best
MadCornishBiker On January 14, 2014

Banned

St Columb Road, United Kingdom
#17New Post! Oct 18, 2011 @ 21:52:22
@tariki Said

Biker, what have I claimed to know? Tell me.

I claim to rely upon the Grace of Reality-as-is, not any knowledge I may or may not have. What I do know I will put into my posts, just as you do. It is you who claim your own words are in fact only the echo of God's own.

Sadly, I have an inkling that you project much of your own darkness onto me. Yet it need not be dark, truly.

All the best

I am not in darkness tariki, it is you that has that problem. One day you will know that, I hope it's not too late.
davii On January 14, 2013
I'm Awesome

Deleted

London, United Kingdom
#18New Post! Oct 18, 2011 @ 21:57:52
These religious threads get more pointless as the days go by...
futilevoice On October 07, 2016

Deleted

, Illinois
#19New Post! Oct 18, 2011 @ 22:45:29
@MadCornishBiker Said

Since demons are invisible, that would hardly be likely, but I have seen, felt and experienced their effects, and believe me it was unmistakable. There is no other possible explanation. However I don't expect you to understand, I wouldn't have understood if I hadn't been there.

I think it would help if you saw a psychiatrist or a therapist. They could help you sort out your delutions and negative feelings.

Banned

#20New Post! Oct 18, 2011 @ 22:51:43
@futilevoice Said

I think it would help if you saw a psychiatrist or a therapist. They could help you sort out your delutions and negative feelings.

I don't suffer from delusions, nor am I negative, after all, I have the best hope for my future that anyone can ever have, what have I to be negative about.

If you think that my experiences aren't very real indeed, it is you who is deluding yourself, but of course you wouldn't know what happened would you.
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#21New Post! Oct 18, 2011 @ 23:16:32
Oh Jesus Christ.
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#22New Post! Oct 19, 2011 @ 00:51:50
@LuckyCharms Said

Oh Jesus Christ.

ZZ Top - Jesus Just Left Chicago

Banned

#23New Post! Oct 19, 2011 @ 20:25:10
@LuckyCharms Said

Oh Jesus Christ.

Precisely, it is in him my hope lies.
chisa96 On December 29, 2014
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#24New Post! Oct 19, 2011 @ 20:30:03
@MadCornishBiker Said

The bible makes it very clear that the bible is the final arbiter in all things spiritual.

Really? No way.

If I didn't know better I would assume that you were poking fun at your view. I would have to make this into a sig if that weren't so petty.

Banned

#25New Post! Oct 19, 2011 @ 22:13:29
@chisa96 Said

Really? No way.

If I didn't know better I would assume that you were poking fun at your view. I would have to make this into a sig if that weren't so petty.

No, I am serious. The bible is the final arbiter on Christianity, largely because we have no other record of the teachings of Christ, but then why should we have when the bible is all we need?

I have to admit though that I did not word that very well. I should have said, "as Jesus made clear, the bible is the final arbiter on Christianity". It was the bible that Jesus explained to his followers, not just the "letter of the law" but the principle behind it all.

Anyway, if Jesus taught from the bible, and his Apostles also, why should it not be good enough for us? Get hold of a good reference bile, with marginal references and look see how many quotations and citations from the "OT" are in Jesus teachings, as well as how many are explanations of things found n the "OT". The same goes for the teachings of the Apostles.

The bible is also the "yardstick" against which to measure the teachings of other faiths, and other "branches" of the supposedly "Christina" faiths. How else are we to recognise the Apostasy that Jesus and the Apostles all foretold? To what else can we compare their teaching?

We really do need nothing more.
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#26New Post! Oct 19, 2011 @ 22:21:11
@MadCornishBiker Said

No, I am serious. The bible is the final arbiter on Christianity, largely because we have no other record of the teachings of Christ, but then why should we have when the bible is all we need?

I have to admit though that I did not word that very well. I should have said, "as Jesus made clear, the bible is the final arbiter on Christianity". It was the bible that Jesus explained to his followers, not just the "letter of the law" but the principle behind it all.

Anyway, if Jesus taught from the bible, and his Apostles also, why should it not be good enough for us? Get hold of a good reference bile, with marginal references and look see how many quotations and citations from the "OT" are in Jesus teachings, as well as how many are explanations of things found n the "OT". The same goes for the teachings of the Apostles.

The bible is also the "yardstick" against which to measure the teachings of other faiths, and other "branches" of the supposedly "Christina" faiths. How else are we to recognise the Apostasy that Jesus and the Apostles all foretold? To what else can we compare their teaching?

We really do need nothing more.

A text cannot be evidence of its own validity. As you say, all we have now of jesus's teachings is contained within this text; therefore jesus's teachings cannot be evidence of the bible's validity.

It's called faith for a reason, man. At least embrace the fact that by definition, it cannot be proven. Be proud that you have that faith rather than belittling the power of it by trying to prove and justify what you believe in when it cannot be done.

You come across as someone who is embarrassed in his unwaivering faith, who sees it as a weakness rather than a strength. You are constantly desperate to prove your perspective, but in proving the existance of god and the divinty of christ, you destroy faith entirely.
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#27New Post! Oct 19, 2011 @ 22:27:03
the road to armor?

Matthew 5
3. "Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
4. "Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.
5. "Blessed are the gentle, for they shall inherit the earth.
6. "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied.
7. "Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy.
8. "Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.
9. "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.
10. "Blessed are those who have been persecuted for the sake of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
11. "Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me.

Banned

#28New Post! Oct 19, 2011 @ 22:59:57
@chisa96 Said

A text cannot be evidence of its own validity. As you say, all we have now of jesus's teachings is contained within this text; therefore jesus's teachings cannot be evidence of the bible's validity.

It's called faith for a reason, man. At least embrace the fact that by definition, it cannot be proven. Be proud that you have that faith rather than belittling the power of it by trying to prove and justify what you believe in when it cannot be done.

You come across as someone who is embarrassed in his unwaivering faith, who sees it as a weakness rather than a strength. You are constantly desperate to prove your perspective, but in proving the existance of god and the divinty of christ, you destroy faith entirely.

I have not said that the bible is the proof of it's own validity, but it's validity allows us to take Christ's teachings to heart.

As I have said many times, the proof of the validity of the bible is in it's prophetic accuracy, a "yardstick" it itself sets. Deuteronomy 18:21,22 "And in case you should say in your heart: “How shall we know the word that Jehovah has not spoken?” 22 when the prophet speaks in the name of Jehovah and the word does not occur or come true, that is the word that Jehovah did not speak. With presumptuousness the prophet spoke it. You must not get frightened at him.".

The only prophecies that have not come true are not yet due to, some are happening as you read this. It is true that not all are easy to understand without using other scriptures to "decode" them, and as the angle told John when giving him revelation, some prophecies are simply not meant to be understood at the time, but would be understood when the time was right. God does tend to work on a "need to now basis" especially with prophecy.

Since prophecy is so demonstrably accurate, some so much so that people have tried, unsuccessfully, to claim that they were written after the fact, the bile has passed the test of validity, and proven itself to be truly the word of God. Therefore the claim that it is the final arbiter in spiritual matters is also proven,since God cannot lie.
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#29New Post! Oct 20, 2011 @ 01:57:11
@MadCornishBiker Said

I have not said that the bible is the proof of it's own validity, but it's validity allows us to take Christ's teachings to heart.

As I have said many times, the proof of the validity of the bible is in it's prophetic accuracy, a "yardstick" it itself sets. Deuteronomy 18:21,22 "And in case you should say in your heart: “How shall we know the word that Jehovah has not spoken?” 22 when the prophet speaks in the name of Jehovah and the word does not occur or come true, that is the word that Jehovah did not speak. With presumptuousness the prophet spoke it. You must not get frightened at him.".

The only prophecies that have not come true are not yet due to, some are happening as you read this. It is true that not all are easy to understand without using other scriptures to "decode" them, and as the angle told John when giving him revelation, some prophecies are simply not meant to be understood at the time, but would be understood when the time was right. God does tend to work on a "need to now basis" especially with prophecy.

Since prophecy is so demonstrably accurate, some so much so that people have tried, unsuccessfully, to claim that they were written after the fact, the bile has passed the test of validity, and proven itself to be truly the word of God. Therefore the claim that it is the final arbiter in spiritual matters is also proven,since God cannot lie.

You actually did make the claim in this very thread, but regardless we can move on from that. Except that I've already had a conversation with you about what you view as the accuracy with the several of the prophecies within the bible. They are far too widely open to interpretation and questioning to be serve as proof, except perhaps in your own mind because you have faith in these teachings anyway. If I recall, you skipped over most of the arguments that I put forth and it ended up going around in a circle; I don't see that it would pay to have the conversation again.

Which brings me back to the question that I'm most curious about which was left unanswered. Why can you not accept and appreciate your faith in itself? Why are you always seeking to prove these things and thus destroy that faith? You faith is what connects you to God, and you would cast that aside to prove yourself right to others it seems. I don't understand why you would want this, and it has me curious.
futilevoice On October 07, 2016

Deleted

, Illinois
#30New Post! Oct 20, 2011 @ 02:30:33
@MadCornishBiker Said

God may not lie, but people do. There is no way you can be sure that the "bile" is totally inspired of God unless God told you that himself.
Why be so naive? Why follow blindly without proof for yourself?
No one can ever be ressurected unless they face judgement before God.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs