The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Politics

What Kind of President Does America Need?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>
chisa96 On December 29, 2014
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#1New Post! Dec 02, 2009 @ 14:06:53
an interesting question that came to me in a thread about obama... it was said that obama wasn't the right president for america this term, and that the right president wasn't even on the ballot...

but who would be the right president? what does america need from its president right now? which issues does he need to be able to handle the best, and which way is even best? what kind of personality does he need to have?

and etc...

any thoughts?
xaivier On December 03, 2009

Batu Pahat, Malaysia
#2New Post! Dec 02, 2009 @ 14:08:21
♡
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Dec 02, 2009 @ 14:13:01
A non-American
skittleyan On March 06, 2010

, Hong Kong
#4New Post! Dec 02, 2009 @ 14:19:00
america need a leader that will make decision based on what good for america and not good for his political career or look good in polls. i see CNN and they talk of polls and how this or that look when obama do anything. maybe obama is right president since his polls are go down.
Tako_400 On April 19, 2010
Keep Ya' Head Up

Deleted

Beirut, Lebanon
#5New Post! Dec 02, 2009 @ 15:13:28
It's not the American president that makes America look liek a jackass, it's the American foreign policy. It needs to change.
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#6New Post! Dec 02, 2009 @ 15:18:56
@Tako_400 Said

It's not the American president that makes America look liek a jackass, it's the American foreign policy. It needs to change.

how so?
Keep Ya' Head Up

Deleted

Beirut, Lebanon
#7New Post! Dec 02, 2009 @ 15:27:16
@chisa96 Said

how so?

The attitude it has towards the rest of the world. You may not realize it, but the American government, just like other superpowers, is a bully. It's a hypocrite in the fact that it does not allow some nations self-determination and freedom when it preaches the exact opposite. Ask around outside of the US. America is the most hated nation in the world.
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#8New Post! Dec 02, 2009 @ 15:34:45
@Tako_400 Said

The attitude it has towards the rest of the world. You may not realize it, but the American government, just like other superpowers, is a bully. It's a hypocrite in the fact that it does not allow some nations self-determination and freedom when it preaches the exact opposite. Ask around outside of the US. America is the most hated nation in the world.

yes, i'm actually from the country you speak of, and i have heard bits of your view on the american image... what i mean is how do you think a president needs to go about changing that? what steps need to be taken? how can that image be fixed?
Keep Ya' Head Up

Deleted

Beirut, Lebanon
#9New Post! Dec 02, 2009 @ 15:45:27
@chisa96 Said

yes, i'm actually from the country you speak of, and i have heard bits of your view on the american image... what i mean is how do you think a president needs to go about changing that? what steps need to be taken? how can that image be fixed?

It's not to do only with the president, however I do believe a president has enough power to change the way the US interacts with the rest of the world. First, the government and congress of the US have to accept that they aren't the caretakers of this planet and that they're just as important as any other country on this planet. Getting them to understand that is trouble enough.
deal1 On May 06, 2011
SECRET SQUIRREL

not of this earth,
#10New Post! Dec 02, 2009 @ 15:52:57
We need someone who won't renege on their campaign promises. In recent history, I can't remember any President that didn't uphold his promises.
doubtingthomas On April 26, 2010
Jesus is my homie

Monterey, California
#11New Post! Dec 02, 2009 @ 18:56:06
I'm not entirely sure if any of you can tell me what the president actualy does.

You place this guy way up on pedistal, when infact he is only 1/3 of Americas government. Stop watching movies that portray the American president as some kind of king/emporor and look at what he actualy can and can't do.

I guess they dont' teach american goverment in Lebenon but our president really doesn't make alot of real discisions or choices.

Hell.. we had a redneck in office for 8 years. Who spent 3.5 years of those 8 doing nothing more than clearing the bushes from around his house. We still moved forward on mulitple wars... granted at the wrong targets... but still the country moved on unhindered.

The president really doesn't do much.
Keep Ya' Head Up

Deleted

Beirut, Lebanon
#12New Post! Dec 02, 2009 @ 19:45:44
@doubtingthomas Said

I'm not entirely sure if any of you can tell me what the president actualy does.

You place this guy way up on pedistal, when infact he is only 1/3 of Americas government. Stop watching movies that portray the American president as some kind of king/emporor and look at what he actualy can and can't do.

I guess they dont' teach american goverment in Lebenon but our president really doesn't make alot of real discisions or choices.

Hell.. we had a redneck in office for 8 years. Who spent 3.5 years of those 8 doing nothing more than clearing the bushes from around his house. We still moved forward on mulitple wars... granted at the wrong targets... but still the country moved on unhindered.

The president really doesn't do much.

I knew that. I was about to call Obama a puppet but remembered that there are some people on here that would kill me if I said that. I'm well aware of the "higher powers" in the American government.
doubtingthomas On April 26, 2010
Jesus is my homie

Monterey, California
#13New Post! Dec 02, 2009 @ 19:55:27
@Tako_400 Said

I knew that. I was about to call Obama a puppet but remembered that there are some people on here that would kill me if I said that. I'm well aware of the "higher powers" in the American government.

Yes i'm afraid you are wrong agian. Heres a picture and a link to help you understand our government and where the president fits into it.

Source https://bensguide.gpo.gov/3-5/government/branches.html
skittleyan On March 06, 2010

, Hong Kong
#14New Post! Dec 02, 2009 @ 19:59:45
@Tako_400 Said

that is true they love to dictate to other nation. they way is always better way and if you say other then you a terrorist or communist.
Keep Ya' Head Up

Deleted

Beirut, Lebanon
#15New Post! Dec 02, 2009 @ 20:01:39
@doubtingthomas Said

Yes i'm afraid you are wrong agian. Heres a picture and a link to help you understand our government and where the president fits into it.

Source https://bensguide.gpo.gov/3-5/government/branches.html

The picture could mean many things. Can you explain it?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs