The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Politics

Was there anything good about President George W. Bush?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
rjf5838 On November 16, 2008

Billings, Montana
#1New Post! Jul 06, 2008 @ 20:46:09
President George W. Bush hasn't been much of a president. When Bill Clinton left office, we had a budget surplus. 8 years later. it's all gone and we are faced with a budget deficit.

When Bill Clinton was president, We didn't have to worry baout a war or any terrorists. When George W. Bush was President, we have the 9/11 attack and we go invade Iraq to dethrone Saddam Hussein and execute him. and We're still in Iraq fighting off terrorists. We were going after Osama bin-Laden and we still haven't found nor captured him.
4 years ago when Bush was runnning for re-election, one of the amendments he wanted was a marriage of matrimony betgween a man and a woman and rebellion was in San Francisco with a marathon gay marriage. and now there are 2 states that have legalized gay marriage (Massachusetts and California and there may be more to come).

Look at the price of gas! It wasn't that high when Clinton was in there. How do you explain that? It's terrible!

I can't think of anything else right now but I will later.
xoxosarahxoxo On June 16, 2009

wakefield, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Jul 06, 2008 @ 20:49:57
he was ok at first, from what i can gather butnear the end he was a power crazed t*** with a permanent poker shoved up his arse. in my opinion power got to him.
angelcake On January 18, 2016
Say whaaa

Eastleigh, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Jul 06, 2008 @ 20:50:09
But george bush hasn't been caught being sucked off my an intern.
randy_orton On October 04, 2009

#4New Post! Jul 06, 2008 @ 20:52:20
He jokes alot.
momof2 On November 09, 2008

Deleted

Craziest looney bin, Louisiana
#5New Post! Jul 06, 2008 @ 20:54:17
when u look at what we r fixin to get.....yaeh alot!
raditz8526 On July 02, 2009

Deleted

, Minnesota
#7New Post! Jul 06, 2008 @ 20:56:57
@rjf5838 Said
President George W. Bush hasn't been much of a president. When Bill Clinton left office, we had a budget surplus. 8 years later. it's all gone and we are faced with a budget deficit.

When Bill Clinton was president, We didn't have to worry baout a war or any terrorists. When George W. Bush was President, we have the 9/11 attack and we go invade Iraq to dethrone Saddam Hussein and execute him. and We're still in Iraq fighting off terrorists. We were going after Osama bin-Laden and we still haven't found nor captured him.
4 years ago when Bush was runnning for re-election, one of the amendments he wanted was a marriage of matrimony betgween a man and a woman and rebellion was in San Francisco with a marathon gay marriage. and now there are 2 states that have legalized gay marriage (Massachusetts and California and there may be more to come).

Look at the price of gas! It wasn't that high when Clinton was in there. How do you explain that? It's terrible!

I can't think of anything else right now but I will later.

That "budget surplus" means nothing. If we did have a surplus when he was president, why'd the deficit go UP?

Maybe we should have done like Clinton did we were attacked while he was president, nothing. It's been nice to not be attacked in the past 7 years, eh?

Demand for oil has gone up in the past few years....maybe you haven't heard.

Alrighty.
dlsharp On November 30, 2015

Murfreesboro, Tennessee
#9New Post! Jul 06, 2008 @ 21:05:15
The only think that has been sucked during the Bush administration is my money being sucked out of my wallet.
sAeGeSpAeNe On October 05, 2021
Part-time Nidologist

The other Bristol..., Connecti
#10New Post! Jul 06, 2008 @ 21:10:03
@angelcake Said
But george bush hasn't been caught being sucked off my an intern.

Bill still remembers..........

adrinachrome On April 04, 2023

Fukitall, Arizona
#11New Post! Jul 06, 2008 @ 21:11:34
@saegespaene Said
Bill still remembers..........

thats hilarious.
Boppin_Guy On March 01, 2024

No Place,
#13New Post! Jul 06, 2008 @ 21:36:27
Bush is a victim of the "blame everything on him and manipulate the public into thinking he's evil while we do absolutely nothing" game. I mean come on, if you're going to b**** about something a person did, at least do something to fix it instead of just complaining!

And to answer the qestion; yes, Bush was a good leader when he first started, didn't try to take away our guns (), and kept the country safe. Yeah, he is stubborn, but I'm glad we got him over Gore and Kerry. I'm just dreading who we get next as President....
sAeGeSpAeNe On October 05, 2021
Part-time Nidologist

The other Bristol..., Connecti
#14New Post! Jul 06, 2008 @ 21:47:42
You'd have to admit, he's given us some of the best laughs on Letterman's feature, Great Speeches of American Presidents.... He's one cocky little dude! Can't seem to read his lines, or forgets how to pronounce things.....

And, while you are admitting things, you should also be able to admit to yourselves that, when he took over the mess from Big Willie, it was GWB who explained to all of us that it was going to be a long and costly war, and it was Congress that gave him the approval to execute it.... It was our nation -- and the world -- that relied on the so-called 'faulty intelligence' about WMDs, not just GWB.

Where I think he's had his head-up-his-ass is wanting to declare amnesty to illegals.... And his buddy, McCain is not much different.
Boppin_Guy On March 01, 2024

No Place,
#15New Post! Jul 07, 2008 @ 00:11:22
@saegespaene Said
And, while you are admitting things, you should also be able to admit to yourselves that, when he took over the mess from Big Willie, it was GWB who explained to all of us that it was going to be a long and costly war, and it was Congress that gave him the approval to execute it.... It was our nation -- and the world -- that relied on the so-called 'faulty intelligence' about WMDs, not just GWB.

Exactly! You can't say Bush got us into a war, he just gave us the idea, supported it, and Congress voted "yes" to go into Iraq. If they didn't want it, they should've voted no.

And yes, he did say it was going to be long and costly, and he explained everything to the people how tough it was going to be. It's not like he said it was going to be easy or anything. War is never easy.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs