Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#1New Post! Feb 15, 2014 @ 19:58:19
For Immediate Release
President’s Day Twitter Storm for #FreePeltier #ClemencyNow
“Mr. Peltier’s unjust incarceration remains a festering sore that impedes better race relations in America. Surely the time has come to promote healing and a spirit of trust and genuine goodwill toward the Indian peoples of America with an act that serves both compassion and justice.”
— Coretta Scott King
https://lastrealindians.com/for-immediate-release-presidents-day-twitter-storm-for-freepeltier-clemencynow/
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#2New Post! Feb 15, 2014 @ 20:02:43
“Justice has been elusive for this man. If the matter continues without remedy and action, it will soon be too late for any justice at all. A tragedy of this magnitude cannot be allowed.” ~Archbishop Desmond Tutu
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#3New Post! Feb 15, 2014 @ 20:06:05
Leonard Peltier, an Anishinabe-Lakota Native American, is a federal prisoner serving two consecutive life sentences for the murders of two Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) agents in 1975. Amnesty International (AI) has studied his case extensively over many years and remains seriously concerned about the fairness of proceedings leading to his trial and conviction. AI believes that political factors may have influenced the way in which the case was prosecuted. Leonard Peltier’s most recent petition for release on parole was denied by the US Parole Commission in 2009, and AI understands that he is not eligible for consideration for parole again until 2024. Given that all available legal remedies have been exhausted and that that Leonard Peltier has now spent over 36 years in prison and is in poor health, AI believes that in the context of these ongoing concerns, the US authorities should order Leonard Peltier’s release from prison on humanitarian grounds and in the interests of justice.
https://www.amnestyusa.org/our-work/issues/security-and-human-rights/leonard-peltier
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#4New Post! Feb 15, 2014 @ 20:09:16
Although the U.S. courts have acknowledged government misconduct, including forcing witnesses to lie and hiding ballistics evidence indicating his innocence, Peltier was denied a new trial on a legal technicality and all legal appeals against his conviction have been exhausted. That’s why it’s imperative to seek presidential clemency, said IITC Executive Director Andrea Carmen. And there’s broad support in the international community for Peltier’s release, she said.

“The late Nelson Mandela and Mother Theresa, former U.N. High Commissioner for Human Rights Mary Robinson, 55 Members of the U.S. Congress, the National Congress of American Indians, Assembly of First Nations, the U.S. Human Rights Network and many others – including a judge who sat as a member of the Court in two of Peltier’s appeals – have called for his release,” Carmen said.

Read more at https://indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com/2014/01/24/anayas-visit-peltier-boosts-clemency-efforts-153264
someone_else_again On May 20, 2021
Really. Not a dude.

, Washington
#5New Post! Feb 15, 2014 @ 20:36:36
Help free Leonard Peltier.

Sign the petition!

I was a little bit annoyed at this site because, after I signed, I was taken to a donation page which sort of made it seem like I wouldn't be finished unless I donated. There was an option to "share" on Twitter or Facebook and a "no thanks" option there but not one to say "no thanks" for donating.

It did count the signature though.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#6New Post! Feb 15, 2014 @ 22:14:11
@someone_else_again Said

Help free Leonard Peltier.

Sign the petition!

I was a little bit annoyed at this site because, after I signed, I was taken to a donation page which sort of made it seem like I wouldn't be finished unless I donated. There was an option to "share" on Twitter or Facebook and a "no thanks" option there but not one to say "no thanks" for donating.

It did count the signature though.

Thanks so very much!!!!!
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#7New Post! Feb 16, 2014 @ 23:38:01
I read the title and thought it said twizzlers today.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs