Trump Says "I Have Great Relationships With The BLACKS"

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 · >>
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#61New Post! Apr 17, 2011 @ 21:57:57
@hedkandi1984_21 Said

I'm not offended by anything he said. Just don't vote for him. It's not like he's the only possibly racist person in your flipping country

See that's the thing, as far as I can tell.....no one has ACCUSED trump of being "racist" at all. trump DIDN'T and COULDN'T offend me personally if he tired everyday of his life! Also, it doesn't appear to me that the issue is about him not liking black folks, it's that he singled them out in a RIDICULOUS attempt to give himself some kind of creditability with black voters. It DIDN'T work! And he never even thought about how incredibly STUPID he sounded. Why didn't he say "I have a great relationship with the whites?" What if a black person who was thinking about entering the race for president said that about white people? Why single out blacks? We're NOT all the same you know! trump's statement was as RIDICULOUS as he is.....and just because you're not "offended by anything he said" doesn't mean someone else isn't either!

Chicago, Illinois
#62New Post! Apr 17, 2011 @ 21:58:28
@buffalobill90 Said

This reminds me about a debate I went to see on campus a few weeks ago. The discussion was on feminism, and one of the speakers was a self-proclaimed anti-feminist. He constantly tried to reassure the audience "I don't hate women" and "I don't hate lesbians" even though no one was making any such accusation. He used pathetic anecdotes about his friends and family to demonstrate it. In the end this apparent insecurity only made people more suspicious that he personally disliked women.

EXACTLY!!!

Chicago, Illinois
#63New Post! Apr 17, 2011 @ 22:07:38
@buffalobill90 Said

I found it amusing to see him in an interview saying that America has been shamed, that it is laughed at, and its pride needs to be restored.

As a non-American, I can assure all American voters on this forum that if Donald Trump became US President your country's reputation across the pond would not improve.

Yep, I found it "amusing" as well. He must have forgotten that his beloved America has "shamed" it's self, and more than once or twice I might add! This nation was founded on SHAME......by some SHAMEFUL men! Who did SHAMEFUL acts! And left a horrific lasting legacy for all the world to see! America has an UGLY stain on her "reputation"......one that will NEVER be "restored"...EVER!

Chicago, Illinois
#64New Post! Apr 17, 2011 @ 22:10:46
@solitaire Said

One thing I love to do at work is get people to try to describe someone black to me, I pretend I don't know who the person they're talking about is and get the other person to try to describe them, you should try it and see how long it takes them to say "the black guy" It's funny to see how uncomfortable people get. What are "the blacks" calling themselves these day?

Well I call myself by the name my parents gave me at birth! DAH!!

Chicago, Illinois
#65New Post! Apr 17, 2011 @ 22:13:04
@shinobinoz Said

I think you may be making a mole hill out of a mountain. He is running for President (maybe).
He needs to be vetted. Separating "THE" blacks from everyone else could be a tell. Pays to watch.

Can't give you anymore Kudos Bro. But i'll give you a Slam Dunk!
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#66New Post! Apr 17, 2011 @ 22:24:01
@Spinkiegirl Said

Well I call myself by the name my parents gave me at birth! DAH!!

I have a great relationship with THE spinkiegirl!

Chicago, Illinois
#67New Post! Apr 17, 2011 @ 22:28:19
@hedkandi1984_21 Said

Black

Which is why I think making a fuss over this is just ridiculous. He hasn't been racist or anything, so what's the point in wasting breath over it? I haven't been offended at all by his comments. Maybe it's because I'm more secure in myself as a person, not just as a black person (?)

Just because someone is "secure" in their self, DOESN'T mean they can't ever be "offended" by something said. I myself can be very insecure at times over certain things or certain situations, but I will NEVER allow someone to offend me! Even if they tried. Folks in this country enjoy freedom of speech, and so being "a black person" as absolutely nothing to do with being "secure" or "offended"......you or I don't get to decide what's offensive to another person! Understand?

Chicago, Illinois
#68New Post! Apr 17, 2011 @ 22:29:47
@shinobinoz Said

I have a great relationship with THE spinkiegirl!

Yeah you do!!!

Chicago, Illinois
#69New Post! Apr 17, 2011 @ 22:39:25
@treebee Said

has Trump ever given any reason to think he is racist?

Because its a fact that older people often use wrong terminology simply because of the era they were raised in and nobody has ever bothered to explain why what they say is wrong to them.

I think every single person on the planet has said something at some point without realising there are underlying connotations to those words.

If you are going to tear down someone do it for the right reasons and dont just try and pin s*** on someone without consideration of what you are implying.

Yes "the blacks" is offensive to some people, like "the gays" is the same as saying "you people" but instead of jumping up and down and having a s*** fit people should take time to actually explain to the sayer why what they said is upsetting rather than pointing and going "he is racist"

I agree with you 100% And as far as I know, trump hasn't been accused of being racist, at least I don't think he's racist at all. I have watched him and his reality shows for years now, and i've not seen anything racist about him. But what he said and the way he singled black folks out like he did, was STUPID!!! And it made no sense to me. I am in no way offended by what he said, I just think it was thoughtless and I can predict that if he runs, he WON'T be able to count on his "great relationships with the BLACKS" Also, if trump really and honestly did have the great relationships with the black folks that he claims to have, he wouldn't need to make an admission of it to anyone!
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#70New Post! Apr 17, 2011 @ 23:22:20
@Spinkiegirl Said

I agree with you 100% And as far as I know, trump hasn't been accused of being racist, at least I don't think he's racist at all. I have watched him and his reality shows for years now, and i've not seen anything racist about him. But what he said and the way he singled black folks out like he did, was STUPID!!! And it made no sense to me. I am in no way offended by what he said, I just think it was thoughtless and I can predict that if he runs, he WON'T be able to count on his "great relationships with the BLACKS" Also, if trump really and honestly did have the great relationships with the black folks that he claims to have, he wouldn't need to make an admission of it to anyone!

I believe he is smart enough not to make that public type of mistake. However- there is the beauty queen thing where the reigning white woman was kept on for doing some things that should have caused her dismissal. The runner up being black.
And then the first black Apprentice being asked by Trump if he would co-share with a white runner-up when he never asked that of any of the white winners.
Might be coincidence. Might be.

Chicago, Illinois
#71New Post! Apr 18, 2011 @ 03:31:50
@shinobinoz Said

I believe he is smart enough not to make that public type of mistake. However- there is the beauty queen thing where the reigning white woman was kept on for doing some things that should have caused her dismissal. The runner up being black.
And then the first black Apprentice being asked by Trump if he would co-share with a white runner-up when he never asked that of any of the white winners.
Might be coincidence. Might be.

https://www.gibbsmagazine.com/Tara%20Conner%20Has%20Disgrace%20the%20Crown.htm What? I did not know this......I couldn't believe it when I read your post Bro, so I checked, DAM, and I made a HUGE error in my posts above. I put my foot in my mouth! DAMMMMMMMMMMMMM!
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#72New Post! Apr 18, 2011 @ 03:41:00
Here is the Apprentice issue.
Mr Trump. You are fired!
https://www.realityblurred.com/exposed/issues/tv/randalschoice/

Chicago, Illinois
#73New Post! Apr 18, 2011 @ 06:28:17
@shinobinoz Said

Here is the Apprentice issue.
Mr Trump. You are fired!
https://www.realityblurred.com/exposed/issues/tv/randalschoice/

WTF???? Bro, i'am totally without words!
buffalobill90 On July 12, 2013