This would actually be more Politics & Philosophy

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
Electric_Banana On April 24, 2024

, New Zealand
#1New Post! Nov 22, 2010 @ 06:59:55
Two types of mindsets

Some people will not impose on others and choose to inconvenience themselves for the comfort of others while in their company.

Other people impose that everyone adapt to their comfort rather they are or are not in their company.

, New Zealand
#2New Post! Nov 22, 2010 @ 07:07:07
I'm just brain farting out loud because I'm bored and America is asleep again.
tariki On September 16, 2012

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Nov 22, 2010 @ 08:26:11
My own "brain fart" gave voice (?) to.........

There are only two types of people in the world, those who divide the world into two types of people and those who don't

treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Nov 22, 2010 @ 09:36:10
dont you think we act like both depending on the company we are keeping?
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Nov 22, 2010 @ 10:24:51
@treebee Said

I think so, with something like that it would be pretty much context dependent, unless you are one of those saints who are always of the first mindset.

, New Zealand
#6New Post! Nov 22, 2010 @ 20:45:06
@tariki Said

My own "brain fart" gave voice (?) to.........

There are only two types of people in the world, those who divide the world into two types of people and those who don't

This is true. I often times wonder if my latter example is illusory. However seeing as we have a 'Spanking Law' here in NZ I really have to wonder.

The former is an example of the goose and gander being two different birds and to live and let live.

The second example is all the birds being coerced to live by the gander's sense of self righteousness.

There may not be two different groups of people but there are millions of different individuals each with varying methods to their own madness.

And I personally believe that I cannot cookie cutter every single one of my personal methods as being practical for entirely everyone else.

@treebee Said

I have personal bounderies that I don't cross. My inhibitions might change around different people but not my stance.

For instance if I'm hanging around a crass and vulgar friend
I won't feel uncomfortable to let loose and be crass and vulgar myself.

But if my friend takes up pitchfork and torch against someone, I'm more than likely not going to join his mob.

@sister_of_mercy Said

I think so, with something like that it would be pretty much context dependent, unless you are one of those saints who are always of the first mindset.

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Nov 23, 2010 @ 17:36:10
@Electric_Banana Said

There may not be two different groups of people but there are millions of different individuals each with varying methods to their own madness.

And I personally believe that I cannot cookie cutter every single one of my personal methods as being practical for entirely everyone else.

I think that is the point, that we all share in the madness. This is not to insist that the "guilt" (if we insist upon calling it that) is equal, but that we are all implicated - to a greater and lesser degree - within every wrong. As far as bending ourselves about according to the disposition of the "opposition" as we meet each, we can rather seek a personal integrity that seeks to treat each equally - and, dare I say it, with mercy and grace. This does not make us naive, or imply that we believe this will necessarily result in anything other than being shat upon, only that we are "whole", and do not flutter in any old wind that blows.

.....we are already one, but we imagine we are not. And what we have to recover is our original unity. What we have to be is what we are (Thomas Merton, not long before he died, far too early)

My apologies for the little sermon.

, New Zealand
#8New Post! Nov 23, 2010 @ 19:16:22
@tariki Said

I think that is the point, that we all share in the madness. This is not to insist that the "guilt" (if we insist upon calling it that) is equal, but that we are all implicated - to a greater and lesser degree - within every wrong. As far as bending ourselves about according to the disposition of the "opposition" as we meet each, we can rather seek a personal integrity that seeks to treat each equally - and, dare I say it, with mercy and grace. This does not make us naive, or imply that we believe this will necessarily result in anything other than being shat upon, only that we are "whole", and do not flutter in any old wind that blows.

.....we are already one, but we imagine we are not. And what we have to recover is our original unity. What we have to be is what we are (Thomas Merton, not long before he died, far too early)

My apologies for the little sermon.

I see what you're saying. I understand that we're all collectively united but I respect the gift of individuality and privacy.

But you are right, going towards one extreme it does become a bit preposterous to further segregate everyone into different little groups.
JaneDevin On January 05, 2011

Deleted

Anaheim, California
#9New Post! Nov 23, 2010 @ 19:21:57
@Electric_Banana Said

Two types of mindsets

Some people will not impose on others and choose to inconvenience themselves for the comfort of others while in their company.

Other people impose that everyone adapt to their comfort rather they are or are not in their company.

Actually there are only 10 types of mindsets in the world ?
those who understand binary, and those who don't.

, New Zealand
#10New Post! Nov 23, 2010 @ 19:48:00
@JaneDevin Said

LOL. Is this some sort of a fnord?

, New Zealand
#11New Post! Nov 23, 2010 @ 19:53:20
@JaneDevin Said

Let me paraphrase my response in an more honest manner.

I have no clue what you're on about. Could you please explain using simple vocabulary as I'm nowhere near genius?

Deleted

Anaheim, California
#12New Post! Nov 23, 2010 @ 20:05:35
@Electric_Banana Said

LOL. Is this some sort of a fnord?

Well, I needed to google fnord to find what it means.

The statement about 10 mindsets should not be fnordic to one of the 10 mindsets because that mindset is smarter than a fifth grader. To the other mindset, it could be fnordic.

Anyway, the nonfnordic mindset will know that, while there is no crying in baseball, it's 11 strikes and you're out.

Deleted

Anaheim, California
#13New Post! Nov 23, 2010 @ 20:11:01
Okay, does this help?

Here is a list of decimal numbers and their binary equivalents.

1 - 1

2 - 10

3 - 11

4 - 100

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#14New Post! Nov 23, 2010 @ 20:25:50
@Electric_Banana Said

I see what you're saying. I understand that we're all collectively united but I respect the gift of individuality and privacy.

But you are right, going towards one extreme it does become a bit preposterous to further segregate everyone into different little groups.

As I understand it, nothing that I have said negates individuality or privacy in any fundamental sense. But that could be just my own confusion as I embroil myself in Buddhist non-duality and its paradoxes (paradoxi?)

(Yet these now seem extremely simply compared to Binary-fnordic-ism, which I am having great difficulty grasping.........)

, New Zealand
#15New Post! Nov 23, 2010 @ 20:27:27
@JaneDevin Said

Okay, does this help?

Here is a list of decimal numbers and their binary equivalents.

1 - 1

2 - 10

3 - 11

4 - 100

Ah, I see what you're saying now. Baseball, Binary and fnords are about as logically comprehensible and deserve as much attention as religious parables.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs