The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Random:
Rants & Raves

They're trying to make me feel fat, I know it...

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
eternus_somnium On April 14, 2021
clinically crackers

, United States (general)
#1New Post! Aug 01, 2009 @ 03:23:21
I went to Kmart today, just because my mom had to go give a friend of hers some money and I figured I'd find a magazine or something.

Well, instead I found some jeans and a cute top and decided to try them on.

Top: XL
Couldn't get the sleeves to go past my friggin' forearm.

Jeans: 15/16
Couldn't get my calf to go all the way thru.

Ffs, these are some of the LARGER sizes they carry, and I can't get into them

Wouldn't mind so much except I know for a fact that I have lost weight, so I should not have had to go up 1-2 sizes in everything they had. I'm willing to accept that I could deff stand to lose more weight, but this is just nuts. I should be about the same size I was a few years ago because I have an old pair of jeans from then that I can wear now

It's getting so hard to find clothes, they're all catering to smaller people now. Even if I found a pair of jeans that fit, they were 3-4 inches longer than I needed them to be.

It's so annoying! And bras are a pain now too.
smilelove On September 01, 2013
Ninja Dreamer

Somewhere, Ohio
#2New Post! Aug 01, 2009 @ 03:26:40
It is weird. One store's sizing is so different from the next. It's crazy the difference there sometimes is. I thought just the opposite though, like they're making the sizes larger.
MartianLeader On February 20, 2015
PazuzuPossessed

Exorcist Drive,
#3New Post! Aug 01, 2009 @ 03:29:24
I have trouble finding sizes in clothes myself. Have to wear Guy shorts because girl ones ride my crotch area! OUCH!!
clinically crackers

#4New Post! Aug 01, 2009 @ 03:29:41
@smilelove Said

It is weird. One store's sizing is so different from the next. It's crazy the difference there sometimes is. I thought just the opposite though, like they're making the sizes larger.

Oh this has been nearly everywhere for me. Not just Kmart. I actually don't like it much anyway but it was there.

Where have you been shopping? Send me there
clinically crackers

#5New Post! Aug 01, 2009 @ 03:31:13
@MartianLeader Said

I have trouble finding sizes in clothes myself. Have to wear Guy shorts because girl ones ride my crotch area! OUCH!!

Guys' clothes rock

Got swim trunks, shorts, some shirts, a couple undershirts, boxers...

Yeah if I go to juniors they ride to low and if you hitch em up they give you a wedgie and women's go too high and aren't comfy for me.
squirt_aka_casey On April 21, 2018
BCW-Ant Destroyer

That place, Ohio
#6New Post! Aug 01, 2009 @ 03:35:28
I hate Kmart.

don't feel fat

You are beautiful.
clinically crackers

#7New Post! Aug 01, 2009 @ 03:38:57
@squirt_aka_casey Said

I hate Kmart.

don't feel fat

You are beautiful.

Aww, thank you

I really don't feel fat, I'm ok with it as long as I know I'm losing rather than gaining...Just irritated that I can't find decent clothes anymore.

And yes, Kmart sucks.
friendlybear On March 10, 2010

Deleted

Nanaimo, Canada
#8New Post! Aug 01, 2009 @ 03:41:14
Yup, I agree. Most clothes today, for department stores are shipped with mostly smaller sizes. Try shopping for me. I still have to go to Mr. Big & Tall. And I've lost 80 lbs.
MartianLeader On February 20, 2015
PazuzuPossessed

Exorcist Drive,
#9New Post! Aug 01, 2009 @ 03:41:14
@eternus_somnium Said

Aww, thank you

I really don't feel fat, I'm ok with it as long as I know I'm losing rather than gaining...Just irritated that I can't find decent clothes anymore.

And yes, Kmart sucks.

K mart always looks like the after math of the Atomic Bomb!
clinically crackers

#10New Post! Aug 01, 2009 @ 03:51:55
@friendlybear Said

Yup, I agree. Most clothes today, for department stores are shipped with mostly smaller sizes. Try shopping for me. I still have to go to Mr. Big & Tall. And I've lost 80 lbs.

Oooh, that sucks
friendlybear On March 10, 2010

Deleted

Nanaimo, Canada
#11New Post! Aug 01, 2009 @ 03:57:12
@eternus_somnium Said

Oooh, that sucks

I never have to worry about everyone else wearing the same shirts or sweaters.
not_fond_of_fondu On March 27, 2011

Shiny, Indiana
#12New Post! Aug 01, 2009 @ 04:00:23
I actually AM a big girl. I wouldn't do KMart.

Old Navy is nice. Their in store clothing runs small, but you can get up to 4X online on their site. I fit in to them, and I'm by no means even close to being just 'pudgy'.

Other things: Fashion Bug, Lane Bryant, Torrid... those are all 'plus' stores with fashionable clothing.

I doubt you are to that point though, seriously! Clothes shopping is just a b****. You wonder why you see girls wearing clothes that don't fit them? That's why. Cheer up love!
clinically crackers

#13New Post! Aug 01, 2009 @ 04:40:31
@not_fond_of_fondu Said

I actually AM a big girl. I wouldn't do KMart.

Old Navy is nice. Their in store clothing runs small, but you can get up to 4X online on their site. I fit in to them, and I'm by no means even close to being just 'pudgy'.

Other things: Fashion Bug, Lane Bryant, Torrid... those are all 'plus' stores with fashionable clothing.

I doubt you are to that point though, seriously! Clothes shopping is just a b****. You wonder why you see girls wearing clothes that don't fit them? That's why. Cheer up love!

Old Navy is also kinda expensive, at least for me, but thanks for the other options, I guess I need to start shopping online now

Yeah, you've got a point. Just sucks now, in general.
Coleosis On December 01, 2013
Don't care

Mustang, Oklahoma
#14New Post! Aug 01, 2009 @ 05:21:45
@friendlybear Said

Tell me about it...The big sizes are WAY TOO BIG and not long enough...so to get one long enough, it looks like a dress...and the tall sizes are too long in the arms and tight in the belly...I just started buying Drunkn munky and rocawear because that stuff is the fair median.

Pants are no prob for me though...
clinically crackers

#15New Post! Aug 01, 2009 @ 05:26:53
@Coleosis Said

Tell me about it...The big sizes are WAY TOO BIG and not long enough...so to get one long enough, it looks like a dress...and the tall sizes are too long in the arms and tight in the belly...I just started buying Drunkn munky and rocawear because that stuff is the fair median.

Pants are no prob for me though...

Rocawear... That reminds me. There was a store in the mall that had Rocawear jeans and they had my sizes and such, but the store went out of business by the next time I went to the mall.

Tyler buys South Pole and stuff like that, it works for him..he's a bit shorter than you tho
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs