Pop

The Beatles

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 ...5 6 7 · >>
cduck On March 11, 2011

A Dreamcloud, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Apr 27, 2008 @ 16:34:37
The Bealtes are a massive obsession of mine. The early songs lyrics aren't really for me but you can't beat those tunes. Thery'e all just irresistable. As for the mid-late Beatles when they just wrote about anything and were more cool and arty, well they just wrote even more delicious melodies and adorned them with interesting and often beautiful poetry.
Then they ended up hating each other and broke in a most spectaculry nasty fashion. Pity really. But they put the worst of it behind them and by the time John died were on pretty good terms.
Heres 50 reasons why i love the Beatles.
1- The 'butcher cover' for Yesterday and Today
2- They wrote a song called The word about 1967's 'summer of love' in 1965!
3-Paul invented lead bass on Paperback writer
4-The harmony parts on Here, there and everywhere
5-They invented pop music
6-They were the most potent cultural force that helped the west win the cold war
7-They had the nerve to write Back in the U.S.S.R slap bang in the middle of the cold war
8-Ringo's drumming on A day in the life
9-John, Paul and George could be a right set of bastards therefore not commiting the crime of being boring
10-Pauls rollicking piano on Oh Darling!
11-George Martins scores
12-They made up after the acrimony of the split
13-The cover of Rubber Soul
14-George's blistering solo on I saw her standing there
15-They loved getting high...Maaan!
16-Eleanor rigby is poetry in motion
17-In my life's sentimentality not being mawkish
18-They made the Stones look like creative neanderthalls and were more controversial
19-The 'mad day out' photos
20-The moptop hair-do
21-Puttin Albert Stubbins on the cover of Sgt. Pepper just 'cause John liked the name
22-The way John looks at the camera after he says 'were not gonna vote for Ted!'on this... Clickable Text
23-Not being bothered to get out of bed to go and see Imelda Marcos
24-John's bigger than Jesus quote
25-Paul getting the bus into Apple offices
26-Their uber charismatic appearence at the end of Yellow Submarine film
27-Paul being called 'My twin soul' by Little Richard
28-John's bye-bye backing vocal on Kansas city/hey hey hey
29-Pauls lead vocal on above
30-Johns Sgt. Pepper era fancy pantaloons
31-Sacking Pete Best
32-Inventing the idea of 'the studio as an instrument'
33-The whackyness of Magical mystery tour
34-Georges 'Stamp out the Beatles' jumper
35-Ringos nose
36-Paul losing his baby fat
37-Revolution#9
38-The intro and outro chords on Eight days a week
39-Hating the original title of Help!
40-Not being overawed by how famous they were
41-Not taking themselves too seriously...Until John did circa.1969
42-Refusing to forgive d*** James for selling their songs
43-Johns books
44-Introducing the sitar to western music
45- Not over doing the sitar thing
46-The mental sarcastic way John intoduces Mr. Kite on Anthology2
47-There Sgt. Pepper moustaches
48-John's vocal on Twist and shout
49-John's psychadelic limo
50-Being far and away the best band the world has ever and will ever know!

trillian On May 06, 2010

derbyshire, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Apr 27, 2008 @ 16:36:31
i spent most of my childhood listening to the beatles. i used to take my dads records and spend hours playing them. and i adore john lennon.
cduck On March 11, 2011

#3New Post! Apr 27, 2008 @ 16:49:56
Yeah Johns the man. I don't know if i can put links to YT here but i'm gonna and then if i get into trouble i'll just not do it again.
He wasn't the nicest guy but what the hell he was John Lennon. He heres taking the piss out of his fans.
https://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=6u9yEQEM0do&feature=related
cduck On March 11, 2011

#4New Post! Apr 27, 2008 @ 17:02:32
IMHO The 10 Greatest Beatle songs
1-Penny Lane
2-Eleanor Rigby
3-A Day In The Life
4-She's Leaving Home
5-She Loves You
6-Tomorrow Never Knows
7-In My Life
8-Here, There and Everywhere
9-Help
10-I am the walrus

My 10 Personal Favourites
1-Penny Lane
2-Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds
3-A Day In The Life
4-I Am The Walrus
5-Lovely Rita
6-If I Fell
7-Hello Goodbye
8-It's Only Love
9-Revolution
10-Fixing A Hole
cduck On March 11, 2011

#5New Post! May 06, 2008 @ 17:39:26
CDuck's Beatle TOTD! (Thing of the day)

If you listen to the Beatle song Girl on the Rubber Soul album you can hear Paul and George's backing vocals...They're singing Tit tit tit tit tit... Girl

And the prounounced intake of breath is the Beatles way of letting those in the know that they've got into gettin' high,Mannn!!
azzad On February 08, 2009

, Australia
#6New Post! May 06, 2008 @ 17:44:10
The Silver Beatles, the Beatles, those blokes were pretty damn good. They had a great deal of professional help as well.
cduck On March 11, 2011

#7New Post! May 06, 2008 @ 17:49:09
@azzad Said
The Silver Beatles, the Beatles, those blokes were pretty damn good. They had a great deal of professional help as well.

I think i know what you mean!!The engineers and G.M.? Yeah!!
Jeeezzz! I;m glad they abandoned THe J&TM name and the Quarrymen and the SB's...THey got it right in the end!!!

, Australia
#8New Post! May 06, 2008 @ 18:16:04
Yep, mainly the engineers for sure. lol, the Beatles is a funny name when you think about it, but it worked so very well.
They say that a band of musicians like the Beatles was like a marriage. Highs and lows. Well, it looks like those lads had one hell of a relationship.
cduck On March 11, 2011

#9New Post! May 06, 2008 @ 18:23:37
@azzad Said
Yep, mainly the engineers for sure. lol, the Beatles is a funny name when you think about it, but it worked so very well.
They say that a band of musicians like the Beatles was like a marriage. Highs and lows. Well, it looks like those lads had one hell of a relationship.

It's awful how it ended they just started tearing chunks out of each other...did you hear that thing that Macca put a picture of him with his baby in this coat on the cover of his 1st lp to mock Yoko's misscariages? I mean if that's true...if he ever confesses it or something i don't think i cld. stomach being a fan...but John said he didn't think that's what Paul was doing...So if it's good enough for John Lennon it's good enough for me!

, Australia
#10New Post! May 06, 2008 @ 18:32:07
I honestly didn't hear of that, but nothing would surprise me. They could behave like some nasty little kids at times.
The music is all I really care to remember, because if I started to really get into there behind the scenes stuff, I really don't think it would be pretty at all. The Beatles left us with some of the most rememberable & influential music of all times.
cduck On March 11, 2011

#11New Post! May 07, 2008 @ 19:13:44
CDuck's BEATLE TOTD
When "Can't Buy Me Love" went to number one (4 April 1964), the entire top five of the US Hot 100 was by The Beatles, the next positions being filled by "Twist and Shout", "She Loves You", "I Want to Hold Your Hand" and "Please Please Me," respectively. No other act has held the top five spots simultaneously.
cduck On March 11, 2011

#12New Post! May 08, 2008 @ 17:15:03
CDUCKS BTOTD!
In 1967 John Lennon got a letter off aa kid at the same school he went to. It was asking if the Mr. Shears mentioned on the Sgt.Pepper album was based on the Mr. Shears who taught at their school, or former school...
Johns response was to write I am the walrus, a song full of meaningless lyrics that he knew people would try and interrperit as meaning something...He did the same thing the next year with a song called Glass onion and again the year after that with a song called Come together...Or did he?
cduck On March 11, 2011

#13New Post! May 09, 2008 @ 12:46:41
CDUCKS BEATLE TOTD!

John Lennon wasn't always the inspired songwriting genius he seemed. In 1969 he 'wrote' a song called Come together. It was derived from a C.Berry song called Catch me if you can. C.Berry's publisher sued Lennon for plagurism and the case was eventually settled out of court by Lennon agreeing to cover 3 songs by the same music publisher on a special Rock' n roll album...
But, this was something of a hollow victory for C.Berry and his publishers...If they had sued John in court and got a cut of the sales of the Come together recording they wld. have got much more money...
Come together was a huge world wide hit, not only that, it has been played over 4 million times on the radio and is on the Beatles Abbey rd. album which was the 4th best selling album of the 60's...despite not being released until sep. 1969!!!And that's not including the number of times it's appeared on Beatle compulation albums since!!
kellysd On May 22, 2008

san diego, California
#14New Post! May 09, 2008 @ 20:23:43
My parents grew up in Czechoslovakia, where listening to Western Music was forbidden. But they heard some music, which made them curious to hear more.
When my parents emigrated to the U.S., one of the first things they did was listen to a lot of music. Particularly the Beatles. I spent a lot of my younger years listening to Beatles CD.
I have grown to accept that the Beatles are the greatest music group of all time. There has never been a musical genius to match John Lennon, and I doubt there ever will be.
cduck On March 11, 2011

#15New Post! May 10, 2008 @ 14:11:11
CDucks BEATLE TOTD
Paul's song I'm down which was the b-side to Help! was written specifically as a joke to take the piss out of John's recent songs about insecurity and unhappiness. Songs like I'm a loser and Help! itself...John got the joke and joined in with it!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 ...5 6 7 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs