Forums: Random:
Dreams

Strange Nightmares

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
sazac On March 26, 2011

Somewhere Ville, Canada
#1New Post! Oct 15, 2008 @ 02:25:29
Occansionally, I have these strange dreams, where the main thing they have in common is that they are panicky, and vertigo-inducing, like if you took a video camera and rocked it side to side very quickly. They usually start out fine, the person I am has good intentions, and wants to help the world. Not always, but usually. Then, something happens, and he turns eil, gains power and supresses people. This always happens. Then I swich to someone else, one of the opressed, usually me. The vertigo part gets worse at that point. The vision gets blurry, starts shaking and all of this. There is no way out, my mind is a haze, everyone is panicing, afaid, and no one knows what to do. Least of all myself. Then, I wake up, and I'm alot more afraid then I should be.

My most resent one is the one I want to talk about though. It's one of the ones where at first I'm good, and I think to myself "I should rise, help people, save them, this world is destroyed and I can help." Then, I woke up. I was afraid to go back to bed because I knew that it was going to be one of those dreams, and I didn't want to go back to sleep, not because of the fear, but because of the evil that the person I am will cause, the pain and suffering. Eventually, memories of these dreams throws me into hysterics. I said "I start out good, But oh no! I can't stay that way, something happens, or I bash my head 3 times!" (That is a reference to the one I had before this, where he bashed I bashed my head 3 times, screwing up my brain and turning me evil.) I was so bad that I acually bashed my head 3 times against the wall to empize my point. I was so angery I couldn't say anything more, so, after calming myself down, I decided to get up, because I had gone to bed pretty early and still had some time to do something before going back to bed. I rolled off my bed, landed in a crouching position, and suddenly noticed that the vertigo-thing felt like it was there. (It was dark out and I couldn't see well, so I couldn't be sure) I thought, "It must be my imagination.", but when I tried to stand, it felt like the earth was shaking (like the vertigo veiw) and I fell. I tried againand again, but kept falling. I'm not the type to give up, and I kept trying. I thought, "Maybe this happens when I have these dreams, and that's why I have them." Then I REALLY woke up.

I think it was a lucid dream. I was acually chosing my actions as if it were real. I just didn't realize it was a dream. Also, my dreams are usually in third-person view, this was in first-person view.

Does anyone know what it means?
cGobla On March 15, 2018

Polcenigo, Italy
#2New Post! Oct 15, 2008 @ 02:36:31
it could represent that you have a lot of ambition to do things but you are afraid that you won't accomplish them. Is that true?
boobagins On August 03, 2013
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#3New Post! Oct 15, 2008 @ 02:48:53
WOW!! Well first off I'm going to say that you are only 14...so it might be a phase of growing?

Interesting, I don't know what your dream means...I have had similar experiences but nothing as "nightmarish" as yours."

Usually when I have dreams that are long and detailed like the one you described, I am also in third person and I CAN control what I do, think, etc. When I was younger I had one recurring dream...but as I got older I remember little by little being able to control my actions so that I could manipulate the way the dream was flowing from the way the previous dream played out...but I never ever was able to finish the dream in any case. I don't get any recurring dreams anymore though.

But one dream that I had in the last year was sorta like what you had. However no evil/good thing. In my situation it was also like the "world was ending." I remember it being fine one moment and then soon there was a massive earthquake associated with a volcano. The earth was shaking and below my feet the earth was cracking like in a volcanic place (I could see the molten fire in between the cracks against the black) very vivid part. And I remeber when the earthquake happened, a lot of people died. I didn't really see them physically die, but just remember acknowledging that a lot of people died and i sort of saw it from a distance but could not make out details. This whole time I'm having the dream I can control my actions and what i think...and I just remember thinking its the end and i need to help everyone that I can...but mainly my family was on my mind. Get them to a safe place and it goes into much deeper form there on...but in the end after the earthquake, I was able to get my family to a safe location which others who were still alive.
sazac On March 26, 2011

Somewhere Ville, Canada
#4New Post! Oct 15, 2008 @ 22:53:12
@cGobla Said

it could represent that you have a lot of ambition to do things but you are afraid that you won't accomplish them. Is that true?

I have alot of ambitions, yes, but I'm very confident that I will be able to suceed.
cGobla On March 15, 2018

Polcenigo, Italy
#5New Post! Oct 15, 2008 @ 22:57:19
@sazac Said

I have alot of ambitions, yes, but I'm very confident that I will be able to suceed.

are you worried about how other people perceive your ambition?
sazac On March 26, 2011

Somewhere Ville, Canada
#6New Post! Oct 15, 2008 @ 23:12:39
@cGobla Said

are you worried about how other people perceive your ambition?

Not really. I've already had many of my ambitions put down, so I'm used to it, and it doesn't bother me.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs