Social Services?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
alisia On April 06, 2009

, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Nov 13, 2008 @ 15:26:57
Are they lacking?

so watching the news all ive seem to hear on there is about child abuse, and these are children that are knowen to be in danger to the social services.

why is it, they are getting to them too late?
why arent they actually protecting these innocent little children?
and finding them the love and support they need,

it makes me feel sick to think about these children and just how many more of them are left suffering in the world everyday going through the mental and physical torture,

Manchester Babys Stabbed to death, - Knowen to be in danger by Social services

Baby p - tortured by having finger nails pulled off, and ending in having his back broken,

and i know there are so many more,

so what exactly are social services lacking?

i understand that they work with families to keep the children safe but is this really enough that so many of them are sliping through the net and paying for it with their lifes and dignity?

just makes me feel sick to be honest.
i know the worlds a crule place but how can people be so sick to do such a thing to a child.
claudibee On November 13, 2009
I will NOT!!

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Nov 13, 2008 @ 15:38:31
@alisia Said

Are they lacking?

so watching the news all ive seem to hear on there is about child abuse, and these are children that are knowen to be in danger to the social services.

why is it, they are getting to them too late?
why arent they actually protecting these innocent little children?
and finding them the love and support they need,

it makes me feel sick to think about these children and just how many more of them are left suffering in the world everyday going through the mental and physical torture,

Manchester Babys Stabbed to death, - Knowen to be in danger by Social services

Baby p - tortured by having finger nails pulled off, and ending in having his back broken,

and i know there are so many more,

so what exactly are social services lacking?

i understand that they work with families to keep the children safe but is this really enough that so many of them are sliping through the net and paying for it with their lifes and dignity?

just makes me feel sick to be honest.
i know the worlds a crule place but how can people be so sick to do such a thing to a child.

I just don't understand how people can do the dreadful things they do to children. It sickens me to hear and read about this horrible behaviour. Why do they have children? And i also wonder what the hell the social services are doing that these poor children slip through the net so easily.
alisia On April 06, 2009

, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Nov 13, 2008 @ 15:40:51
@claudibee Said

I just don't understand how people can do the dreadful things they do to children. It sickens me to hear and read about this horrible behaviour. Why do they have children? And i also wonder what the hell the social services are doing that these poor children slip through the net so easily.

its always about the money how much it costs them every year but surely the happiness and life of these children are worth it...
MlissaBeth On February 13, 2013
Wait for it!

Tucson, Arizona
#4New Post! Nov 13, 2008 @ 15:42:30
Well you have to realize the social services can only do so much. They have requirements and guidelines that they have to go by.

I know here in Florida, at least in Marion County, they are seriously lacking the needed amount of service workers.
They are putting in 80+ hours a week with no time off. It becomes a lot and is an extremely stressful job with a high turnover rate.
feebs On February 21, 2009

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Nov 13, 2008 @ 15:44:32
i agree...it is real sad thet these things happen and it makes me sick that so many children are put through this....they are quick to jump on innocent parties whos child falls over alot...a friend of mine went through hell ...and i have never once seen her raise a hand or her voice to any of her children....but her child was old enough to say she never hurt him...as long as you have food in your cupboard and the child is clean they cant do anything....they arent if i remember right allowed to examine your child....only if a doctor is called in or the child has been referred by a doctor..which dosnt happen very often...i know they are understaffed and everything but that should not be an issue...there should be more laws made to protect the innocent
sillygoosey On July 23, 2009

Full of Hope,
#6New Post! Nov 13, 2008 @ 15:48:42
It's a horrible horrible situation! The people there are overworked, overstressed, and understaffed and can only do so much.
My assistant pastor is a child psychologist at Children's Hospital here, you know how many times she gets called in the middle of the night to get up to go to the hospital for suspected child abuse?
This summer she was placed on administrative leave because she couldn't take it anymore...she was burning out, her car was broken into, she was followed home by angry parents..all sorts of stuff.

It's a tough job and I don't envy them it.

Of course there are a few who don't take their jobs seriously but there are that many more who do and feel powerless to do anything.
Kasabian On May 25, 2009

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Nov 13, 2008 @ 15:51:18
understaffing and red tape on top of a lack of professionalism and BACKBONE !

it must be a tough job, I know I couldn't do it BUT these are well paid individuals who are dealing with kids lives so really is there any excuse?

as for the sick bastards who abuse kids, pass
alisia On April 06, 2009

, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Nov 13, 2008 @ 15:52:36
exactly, a close friend of mine was also known to social services, they did nothing to protect her from what was happening to her, family used to put on the smile, when they had health visitors, it wasnt until the school got involved, that they actually started looking into what was happening by this time it was too late damnage had already been done.
STL On January 23, 2009

St Louis, Missouri
#9New Post! Nov 13, 2008 @ 15:53:39
The story of the foster mother who they found 2 dead childrens remains in her freezer a month or so back was horrifying. I know foster care most of the time is a great thing for the children and caretakers both but I find it unacceptable that 2 children in foster care could have just disappeared and no one questioned it.
alisia On April 06, 2009

, United Kingdom
#10New Post! Nov 13, 2008 @ 15:54:50
im not saying its an easy job, but they seem to be accusing all the wrong people, and the children that are actually in serious danager dont even get a chance of help.

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#11New Post! Nov 13, 2008 @ 15:55:24
more does need to be done...and there will always be too many excuses...that child baby p was well known to the hospital...someone needs to be held accountable there even if it is the hospital themselves....social services are s*** in this country .. . . it needs addressing soon or more children will just be left to die .
alisia On April 06, 2009

, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Nov 13, 2008 @ 16:00:06
i mean these are the cases that have made the news
what about the children who go completely unoticed?
the ones who wake up everyday and wonder if today is the day someones going to come rescue them from the hell they live in?
I will NOT!!

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#13New Post! Nov 13, 2008 @ 16:09:39
@alisia Said

its always about the money how much it costs them every year but surely the happiness and life of these children are worth it...

Yes, they need to get their priorities right.
I will NOT!!

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#14New Post! Nov 13, 2008 @ 16:10:41
@MlissaBeth Said

Well you have to realize the social services can only do so much. They have requirements and guidelines that they have to go by.

I know here in Florida, at least in Marion County, they are seriously lacking the needed amount of service workers.
They are putting in 80+ hours a week with no time off. It becomes a lot and is an extremely stressful job with a high turnover rate.

Same goes here. We knew a woman who worked as a social worker and she was underpaid, overworked and depressed.

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#15New Post! Nov 13, 2008 @ 16:43:13
yes but then they need to sort that out...yes they are stretched and yes overworked but the system in place is clearly not working....how many children need to die before they realise this...you shouldnt be doing that job if you cant handle it .
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs