Health & Fitness

Signs of Breast Cancer?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
boobagins On August 03, 2013
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#1New Post! May 22, 2009 @ 22:52:19
My mom has some swelling on her chest; right above the breast, below the clavicle and in the middle. The swollen area is slightly red, and is about two inches wide and about an inch and half long. Does anyone know what this could be a sign of?

I know swollen lymph nodes are a sign of upper respiratory illness or cancer, but the lymph nodes are located right underneath the clavicle by your armpits. Here the swelling is right in the middle of the chest and I can't find anything of what that could be. I have noticed that my mom is coughing every so often...so it could be something respiratory related like bronchitis, but my gut is telling me something different. I know she has has paid underneath her left arm before, under her armpits...which is a sign of breast cancer...and im thinking this could be another sign. But seeing as the swelling is right in the center above her breasts...I'm not sure.

Does anyone know reasons for swelling like that? We have a appointment Tuesday..but I'm kinda worried.
alexkidd On February 07, 2012
Captain Awesome!

Deleted

in a bog, Ireland
#2New Post! May 22, 2009 @ 22:55:48
Try not to worry too much, there's not much you can do untill the test.
I'd try not to get worked up untill the results come back, it's super important to get checked out but most people with such symptoms do not have cancer so you'll just have to wait and see and hope for the best.
TheMuse On February 15, 2016

#3New Post! May 22, 2009 @ 23:46:03
I really don't think it would be breast cancer. Your mother would be much more sick then she is now if it were.
My mother and a sister both had breast cancer and it was found when when the cancer was about the size of a pea and they were both very sore and painfull at that size
tardcore On May 24, 2010

Deleted

Between a rock and another roc
#4New Post! May 23, 2009 @ 00:35:00
You didn't describe how much pain she is in so it's hard to tell. IDK but I would think pain and swelling anywhere in that whole area would be a bad sign. My grandma fought two bouts of the stuff and she had regular mammograms and was in excruciating pain even though the doctors found it in the earliest stage.

Best wishes with the exam.
lilbear On January 18, 2010
Aequitas / Veritas!

Deleted

, Canada
#5New Post! May 23, 2009 @ 00:41:12
Very Hard not to worry! But try not to focus on it too much until the results are in. I know this is VERY HARD!

Hope all turns out fine. Keep us updated if you don't mind!
Michi On November 29, 2009

Las Vegas, Nevada
#6New Post! May 24, 2009 @ 01:57:47
There are some lymph nodes located very near to the middle of the chest,called parasternal nodes.

Breast cancer tumors are painless. I had 4 of them, 2 in each breast. However what does hurt are cyst, I had 7 of them.

Be positive and don't worry.
boobagins On August 03, 2013
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#7New Post! May 24, 2009 @ 17:45:04
Yeah...I'm trying not to worry. She is I guess sort of in pain. Some days worse than others...but overall its not a mind numbing "I can't do anything" type of pain. She's just sore to the touch and I know I've seen her just stop what she's doing for a while because she is in pain. (This is before the swelling...that's been going on for a couple months)

IDK...hopefully everything turns out good.
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#8New Post! May 25, 2009 @ 09:39:46
Women tend to get many lumps and bumps as they approach menopause. Fibrocystic lumps appear when the hormones start to change.

Cancerous lumps are generally hard pea like and tender.

Its always best to get an examination with any lumps anywhere.

I wish her the best, just hang in there until you get to see the Doctor
sunandsurf13 On June 29, 2009

Deleted

Sydney, Australia
#9New Post! May 25, 2009 @ 10:17:38
@boobagins Said

My mom has some swelling on her chest; right above the breast, below the clavicle and in the middle. The swollen area is slightly red, and is about two inches wide and about an inch and half long. Does anyone know what this could be a sign of?

I know swollen lymph nodes are a sign of upper respiratory illness or cancer, but the lymph nodes are located right underneath the clavicle by your armpits. Here the swelling is right in the middle of the chest and I can't find anything of what that could be. I have noticed that my mom is coughing every so often...so it could be something respiratory related like bronchitis, but my gut is telling me something different. I know she has has paid underneath her left arm before, under her armpits...which is a sign of breast cancer...and im thinking this could be another sign. But seeing as the swelling is right in the center above her breasts...I'm not sure.

Does anyone know reasons for swelling like that? We have a appointment Tuesday..but I'm kinda worried.

At first read of your post it does sound like a respiratory infection - espec if she is also allergic to things like dust or pollen which would make the reaction more severe than it would in others.

Please try not to worry. Yes, she needs to see a doctor ASAP and I'm sure they will do all the tests that need to be done.
coloradogirl On March 12, 2014

, Colorado
#10New Post! May 25, 2009 @ 11:28:04
She needs to go to the doctors. If it is a long wait for appt. at the dr. I personally would go to the E.R. Praying everything is fine.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs