Satan statue request for Oklahoma state capital

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 · >>
Electric_Banana On April 24, 2024

, New Zealand
#61New Post! Jan 08, 2014 @ 20:45:40
@Hypnotica Said

But there are certain questions I don't want to ask or partiuarly know the answers to. This subject is starting to touch one of them.

"If fear of the unknown were completely revoked would the majority of the world release their inner zombie?"
someone_else_again On May 20, 2021
Really. Not a dude.

, Washington
#62New Post! Jan 08, 2014 @ 20:58:11
@Electric_Banana Said

"If fear of the unknown were completely revoked would the majority of the world release their inner zombie?"

Interesting phrase, "fear of the unknown." If I had no fear of the unknown, I would not release my inner zombie out of fear of the known.
Electric_Banana On April 24, 2024

, New Zealand
#63New Post! Jan 08, 2014 @ 21:03:05
@someone_else_again Said

Interesting phrase, "fear of the unknown." If I had no fear of the unknown, I would not release my inner zombie out of fear of the known.

By fear of the 'known' do you mean fear of retaliation or do you mean fear of making yourself look like a twit?

For me it's the latter.

"Oh, and remember that Banana guy? Look at all the s*** that stupid c*** f***ed up!"
Hypnotica On October 08, 2023

Banned

Steel City (Sheffield), United
#64New Post! Jan 08, 2014 @ 21:06:46
@Electric_Banana Said

I tried theanine once. Its a Green Tea extract and an amino acid. It releases all anxiety. Sure I had no anxiety over anything, even cars in the street didnt scare me as they swerved and braked to avoid me. I honestly didnt care, I was truley fearless.

However what I realised was, without fear, there is no drive. Fear is just an energy and its by mastering that energy and controlling it, that we get drive, focus and passion.

Without Passion, we are like you say, zombies. Hollow Shells.

PS - If you want to repeat the social experiement, goto Holland and Barrett online, order a big pack of Theanine Capsules, and take about 4 capsules at once.

Sure you will feel able to do anything. But you will have no drive to do anything. As you will have no fear to turn into drive.

As a side note, I will never repeat that process again. But it was an interesting experiment, none the less.
Really. Not a dude.

, Washington
#65New Post! Jan 08, 2014 @ 21:23:47
@Electric_Banana Said

By fear of the 'known' do you mean fear of retaliation or do you mean fear of making yourself look like a twit?

For me it's the latter.

"Oh, and remember that Banana guy? Look at all the s*** that stupid c*** f***ed up!"

Either. It really doesn't matter. You got my point.

Banned

#66New Post! Jan 08, 2014 @ 21:41:43
@Electric_Banana Said

For me it's the latter.

Im gonna explain this really simply.

The only person on here and in this whole world who believes that you are a worthless f*** up, is yourself. But you have such a strong belief in it, all your actions and attitudes are aligned really well.

Because of that you present yourself as a f*** up. And because you believe your a f*** up, well why shouldnt we?

Banned

#67New Post! Jan 08, 2014 @ 21:43:08
The biggest obstacle anyone faces in life is themselves.
GreenAppleKing On April 23, 2015

Deleted

, United States (general)
#68New Post! Jan 08, 2014 @ 21:47:54
@Hypnotica Said

Not everyone is fat.
Really. Not a dude.

, Washington
#69New Post! Jan 08, 2014 @ 21:47:58
@Hypnotica Said

That's a good metaphor but I'll bet there are a lot of circumstances where that's not true.

Banned

#70New Post! Jan 08, 2014 @ 22:09:59
@someone_else_again Said

That's a good metaphor but I'll bet there are a lot of circumstances where that's not true.

I dunno. Me and one of my mate were discussing this the other night and several other things.

But again it all comes down to that power of belief thing. It dosnt matter if its true or not. Its the belief that counts.

If you truly believe that you make your own destiny, your are probably going to achieve more than someone who just reacts to outside factors. But again thats just my belief.
Really. Not a dude.

, Washington
#71New Post! Jan 08, 2014 @ 22:12:34
@Hypnotica Said

I dunno. Me and one of my mate were discussing this the other night and several other things.

But again it all comes down to that power of belief thing. It dosnt matter if its true or not. Its the belief that counts.

If you truly believe that you make your own destiny, your are probably going to achieve more than someone who just reacts to outside factors. But again thats just my belief.

I was thinking something more literal. Like...if my building collapsed and I was trapped under my desk by tons of rubble...I, myself, am probably not my biggest obstacle. I can think of others but that was pretty extreme.

Banned

#72New Post! Jan 08, 2014 @ 22:14:06
@someone_else_again Said

I was thinking something more literal. Like...if my building collapsed and I was trapped under my desk by tons of rubble...I, myself, am probably not my biggest obstacle. I can think of others but that was pretty extreme.

Maybe if you had bothered to learn architecture, read land surveys, read wheather maps, not bought the cheapest building offered, you may not have been in that situation.
Really. Not a dude.

, Washington
#73New Post! Jan 08, 2014 @ 22:15:34
@Hypnotica Said

Maybe if you had bothered to learn architecture, read land surveys, read wheather maps, not bought the cheapest building offered, you may not have been in that situation.

Yeah. What if it happened because an airplane fell out of the sky and landed on my building? There's lots of "maybes." All I was saying is that "you" are not always your own biggest obstacle.

There are actual limitations of the human psyche.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#74New Post! Jan 08, 2014 @ 22:17:15
@someone_else_again Said

Yeah. What if it happened because an airplane fell out of the sky and landed on my building?

Then this would happen...

Really. Not a dude.

, Washington
#75New Post! Jan 08, 2014 @ 22:19:14
@chaski Said

Then this would happen...

That is just wrong....
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply