Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
evildeeds On July 23, 2006

Deleted
Banned

Lansing, Illinois
#1New Post! Jun 12, 2006 @ 23:38:48
Currently, there is a radical group, the Phelps family, whose Alpha Male so to speak is the minister of his church loudly protesting homosexuality and believe that AIDS, the war in Iraq, oil prices, etc. are all punishments by god for The United States "acceptance" of homosexuality.

This group has been traveling the country to protest the funerals of soldiers killed in Iraq. Thier signs read "thank god for dead soldiers," "Fags burn in hell," "Land of the free, home of the gays."

In my personal opinion, this is an absloute travesty and blaitant disrespect to the families of these soldiers who gave their lives so that these people may have the freedom to spread their hateful saying and slogans in completely inappropriate ways.

At the same time, there is an Anit-Phelps group known as the freedom rider, a group of bikers who also travel to military funerals and hold up flags to block the view of the family of these soldiers from the Phelps protestors.

The Phelps family has now filed a lawsuit against the founder of the freedom riders, citing they are impeding on their freedom to protest.

Any thoughts on this subject, please lets try and be adults about this and not turn it into a free for all.
lunatic_on_a_megaphone On April 23, 2010

, California
#2New Post! Jun 12, 2006 @ 23:45:00
what pricks.
El_Tino On October 12, 2023
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#3New Post! Jun 12, 2006 @ 23:46:58
Those are just some religious whackos. They are behind the site godhatesfags.com or something like that.
alljive On March 03, 2007

trondheim, Norway
#4New Post! Jun 12, 2006 @ 23:47:05
You might wish to check out these threads for views on this topic:

a thread about this

another thread about this

and then a thread about this

You might find something of interest expressed there.

Deleted
Banned

Lansing, Illinois
#5New Post! Jun 12, 2006 @ 23:53:49
@peanut Said
I think it's great someone is blocking their signs. I cannot believe that they think it would be appropriate to protest at someones FUNERAL. Their family members have suffered enough. Let them lay their loved one to rest in peace.

The protest that these people put on isn't a quiet one. They protested in front of a church across the street from mine because they allow gay members. Have they forgotten that they have no right to judge? Or did they miss that in the Bible?

ANYWAY. Yes, they have the right to protest, but I think there should be a limit to it. I'm happy there is another group blocking them. I say kudos to them.

"Judge not less ye be judged", "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone"
Is it me, or are these people far from "without sin" Hate and rage are both frowned upon by the lord

Deleted
Banned

Lansing, Illinois
#6New Post! Jun 12, 2006 @ 23:58:32
@alljive Said
You might wish to check out these threads for views on this topic:

a thread about this

another thread about this

and then a thread about this

You might find something of interest expressed there.

Thank u very much, now I have some amo to create my wesite Godhateshate.com, when i launch it ill let u guys know

Deleted
Banned

Lansing, Illinois
#7New Post! Jun 13, 2006 @ 00:00:42
@peanut Said

lol

trondheim, Norway
#8New Post! Jun 13, 2006 @ 00:00:54
No problem evildeeds, anytime.
May any attempt you make to reduce hatered be blessed with success.

Deleted
Banned

Lansing, Illinois
#9New Post! Jun 13, 2006 @ 00:08:28
@alljive Said
No problem evildeeds, anytime.
May any attempt you make to reduce hatered be blessed with success.

I dont see why somebody hasnt done it before? If u think about it, theres hundreds of millions of hate sites out there, how many Anti-hate sites have you come across?

, California
#10New Post! Jun 13, 2006 @ 00:10:49
If I said I agreed with the protesters, would I get punched?

trondheim, Norway
#11New Post! Jun 13, 2006 @ 00:13:12
@evildeeds Said
I dont see why somebody hasnt done it before? If u think about it, theres hundreds of millions of hate sites out there, how many Anti-hate sites have you come across?

There is always more love than there is hate in the world.
There is always more building than destruction.
There is always more life than there is death.

The multiverse is brilliant gift presenting itself for us to unpack every moment of every day, always containing something new.

I love it here.

Deleted
Banned

Lansing, Illinois
#12New Post! Jun 13, 2006 @ 00:14:19
@lunatic_on_a_megaphone Said
If I said I agreed with the protesters, would I get punched?

How in the hell could u believe that the death of soldiers is the divine wrath of god for americas acceptance of homosexuality.

U wouldnt get punched but im sure a lot of people who loose a lot of respect for you, and you would loose all credibility.

, California
#13New Post! Jun 13, 2006 @ 00:18:18
@evildeeds Said
How in the hell could u believe that the death of soldiers is the divine wrath of god for americas acceptance of homosexuality.

U wouldnt get punched but im sure a lot of people who loose a lot of respect for you, and you would loose all credibility.

I don't agree with them at all, I just want to know what you all would do if some one on the site had strong beliefs that these people were right.

trondheim, Norway
#14New Post! Jun 13, 2006 @ 00:20:06
@lunatic_on_a_megaphone Said
I don't agree with them at all, I just want to know what you all would do if some one on the site had strong beliefs that these people were right.

It has been my impression that the mods here allow even pretty outlandish views to be spoken so long as they are spoken civilly.

Go all out shouting insults and condemning people to hell will most likely get you a reaction from both members and mods.

Deleted
Banned

Lansing, Illinois
#15New Post! Jun 13, 2006 @ 00:22:37
I think I would actually have to leave TFS and never come back. TFS believes in heavy MODS and administrators and what not, these people flat out attack people, maybe not physically, but it is still attacking.

I dont understand what brother and sister made babies to make these kind of people, and what outside influences made them think the way that they do, what possible reasons could they have for thinking that they know gods will, its as if they believe they have personally spoken to god, and know what he is thinking

It doesnt say in the bible that gays burn in hell, it just says that a man shall not lye with another man, its sinful. So are countless other things that people do every single day, are they going to burn in hell along with us?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs