The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Religion & Philosophy

Have "God's People" always bee the same group?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
MadCornishBiker On January 14, 2014

Banned

St Columb Road, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Nov 09, 2011 @ 14:11:27
I believe not, and the bible does appear to back that up.

How?

Consider what the bible tells us.

God has had His heavenly Organisation in place for an indeterminate length of time with himself as king of it, and His son as his "right hand man".

Originally His earthly organisation was to be the whole of perfect humanity headed by Adam with Even at his right hand, whoever Satan threw something of a spanner in that particular works, and a new plan had to be formed which would give Satan every opportunity to prove his case, while at the same time ensuring that God's original plane would take no more than a detour, of about 7,000 years.

So new earthly organisation had to be found, and while Satan and his demons were having quite a field day on earth the plan was slowly developing. A very different plan because it was not to have an eternally living human head.

God did at one point decide to wipe everything out and start again with a global flood, things got so bad with Satan and his demons causing absolute havoc on the earth, but one family caught God's eye as being faithful and so were saved.

Even that didn't work out because of mankind's increasing imperfection, but at least one branch of the family tried to stay faithful and gave God something to work with. Eventually God found a very strong and faithful follower in Abraham, and decided to settle on him as the start of the new earthly organisation, which was to become known as Israel, and were to be used as an example to the generation to come nearer the end of the "Day of Rest".

Of course that was still a major target for Satan, and he caused many problems along the way, until in the end the majority of Israel actually pulled away from God and left God with only the Tribe of Judah as faithful servants, and these became known as the Jews.

After a while Satan managed to pull even these away from God, by using proud and haughty men who became the Scribes and Pharisees and cared nothing for God, simply wanting the power and adulation of men that their position brought them.

Eventually God sent His son to earth to bring the Jews back into line, as well as to perform the sacrifice which could buy man back the right to perfect life on earth by eventually removing Adamic sin.

Again Satan used these haughty men to divert as many as possible from returning to God, and was so successful that in the end God abandoned them entirely, bringing about a "New Israel" or an "Israel of God" as Paul made clear. These followers of His son, then because God's new earthly organisation.

Of course that only gave Satan a new target to work on, and he did, resulting the the Apostacy which Jesus foretold surfacing in the 1st century and taking over after the death of the last of the Apostles. So, once again God was without a dedicated people.

However that was not the problem it could be, though doubtless Satan exalted over his "success". God simply called the occasional right hearted person to His side and they kept the truth as alive as they could, usually dying painfully for their trouble as Jesus foretold would happen.

Why was that not a problem? Because God new that Satan's time was limited, and that he would strike just when Satan though he had it all sown up, and much nearer to the time when Satan was destined to be robbed of all his influence, and then destroyed. When that time came, His son would take up kingdom power, as prophesied and cast Satan down to the earth, along with his demons.

So why is the bible so important?

Because it is God's evidence for what happened and why through the ages, and His proof that all will be well in the end, as well as His means to warn people when that end will come and allow them to prepare for it.

So, Once again God has His People, and once again they have taken on a new name, the name Christian having been thoroughly degraded by the Apostacy now found within it.

That new name is "Jehovah's Witnesses".
Glenn On January 10, 2013
Average Jet Pilot

Deleted
Banned

Meridian, Mississippi
#2New Post! Nov 10, 2011 @ 00:26:17
@MadCornishBiker Said

I believe not, and the bible does appear to back that up.

How?

Consider what the bible tells us.

God has had His heavenly Organisation in place for an indeterminate length of time with himself as king of it, and His son as his "right hand man".

Originally His earthly organisation was to be the whole of perfect humanity headed by Adam with Even at his right hand, whoever Satan threw something of a spanner in that particular works, and a new plan had to be formed which would give Satan every opportunity to prove his case, while at the same time ensuring that God's original plane would take no more than a detour, of about 7,000 years.

So new earthly organisation had to be found, and while Satan and his demons were having quite a field day on earth the plan was slowly developing. A very different plan because it was not to have an eternally living human head.

God did at one point decide to wipe everything out and start again with a global flood, things got so bad with Satan and his demons causing absolute havoc on the earth, but one family caught God's eye as being faithful and so were saved.

Even that didn't work out because of mankind's increasing imperfection, but at least one branch of the family tried to stay faithful and gave God something to work with. Eventually God found a very strong and faithful follower in Abraham, and decided to settle on him as the start of the new earthly organisation, which was to become known as Israel, and were to be used as an example to the generation to come nearer the end of the "Day of Rest".

Of course that was still a major target for Satan, and he caused many problems along the way, until in the end the majority of Israel actually pulled away from God and left God with only the Tribe of Judah as faithful servants, and these became known as the Jews.

After a while Satan managed to pull even these away from God, by using proud and haughty men who became the Scribes and Pharisees and cared nothing for God, simply wanting the power and adulation of men that their position brought them.

Eventually God sent His son to earth to bring the Jews back into line, as well as to perform the sacrifice which could buy man back the right to perfect life on earth by eventually removing Adamic sin.

Again Satan used these haughty men to divert as many as possible from returning to God, and was so successful that in the end God abandoned them entirely, bringing about a "New Israel" or an "Israel of God" as Paul made clear. These followers of His son, then because God's new earthly organisation.

Of course that only gave Satan a new target to work on, and he did, resulting the the Apostacy which Jesus foretold surfacing in the 1st century and taking over after the death of the last of the Apostles. So, once again God was without a dedicated people.

However that was not the problem it could be, though doubtless Satan exalted over his "success". God simply called the occasional right hearted person to His side and they kept the truth as alive as they could, usually dying painfully for their trouble as Jesus foretold would happen.

Why was that not a problem? Because God new that Satan's time was limited, and that he would strike just when Satan though he had it all sown up, and much nearer to the time when Satan was destined to be robbed of all his influence, and then destroyed. When that time came, His son would take up kingdom power, as prophesied and cast Satan down to the earth, along with his demons.

So why is the bible so important?

Because it is God's evidence for what happened and why through the ages, and His proof that all will be well in the end, as well as His means to warn people when that end will come and allow them to prepare for it.

So, Once again God has His People, and once again they have taken on a new name, the name Christian having been thoroughly degraded by the Apostacy now found within it.

That new name is "Jehovah's Witnesses".

And are you one of them? I thought you said that you no longer attend a Kingdom Hall. Is that true? And why?

Banned

#3New Post! Nov 10, 2011 @ 00:52:20
@Glenn Said

And are you one of them? I thought you said that you no longer attend a Kingdom Hall. Is that true? And why?

I have just explained that in answer to your similar question in another thread, lol.

I wish I were still, but it cannot, for the present, be.
xLETHAL_VIXENx On January 22, 2015
Logical Alien

Your pants, United States (gen
#4New Post! Nov 10, 2011 @ 01:12:20
God's people are aliens.
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#5New Post! Nov 10, 2011 @ 01:52:16
"Bee" and "Same Group" as in "Hive"?
xLETHAL_VIXENx On January 22, 2015
Logical Alien

Your pants, United States (gen
#6New Post! Nov 10, 2011 @ 02:46:04
lolz
futilevoice On October 07, 2016

Deleted

, Illinois
#7New Post! Nov 11, 2011 @ 03:09:49
The main problem with your beliefs is, and most of us have commented on in the past, they are so exclusive that if you don't adhere to their strict protocols then you are shunned and excommunicated. Most people don't want to follow such rigid rules and restrictions.
If you feel this religion fits your personality then so be it, but, I guarantee you most will not agree to such rigid restrictions. After all, we are merely humans, subject to human frailties.

Banned

#8New Post! Nov 11, 2011 @ 10:47:28
@futilevoice Said

The main problem with your beliefs is, and most of us have commented on in the past, they are so exclusive that if you don't adhere to their strict protocols then you are shunned and excommunicated. Most people don't want to follow such rigid rules and restrictions.
If you feel this religion fits your personality then so be it, but, I guarantee you most will not agree to such rigid restrictions. After all, we are merely humans, subject to human frailties.

The protocols aren't all that strict, and are all for our own benefit, no-one else's.

Exclusive? in the sense that God demands exclusive devotion, yes, but since anyone is welcome to join in if they wish not all that exclusive.

I can't say it fitted my personality, but that isn't the point, we are encouraged to make our personality fit it, not the other way round. Truth is like that. It remains truth whether anyone accepts it or not. Life is the same, you either choose to live it right or not, and God, as our creator, has the perfect right to set that standard. Ironically, hover, it has to be admitted that it was my completely rebellious personality which allowed me to see through the fog of lies into the truth, though it did cause quite a bit of heart searching when I found it, I have to admit. It also cost me all my friends, and a wife and family I loved dearly, but that can't be helped. None could accept the change in me, nor did they want to. However, as Christ pointed out at Matthew 10, verse 32 on, friends and family rejecting you can sometimes be the price you have to pay. Painful as it was it will be, and in fact is, worth it.

I know most will not agree. Christ already warned his followers of that when he said that these days would like the days of the flood, when "they took no note until the waters came and swept them all away". Therefore it would actually go against my faith in Jesus to believe otherwise. That is their choice, and just as the God who gave us free will, will not remove it, neither will I do so.

I just put the option in front of people, and such is my role.
magicgoat On July 05, 2013

Deleted

Stockbridge, Georgia
#9New Post! Dec 10, 2012 @ 13:23:10
The covenant of Grace was offered to Abraham. When Christ came, the covenant was offered to both Jews and Gentiles.

God's people are members of the Invisible confessing Church, the Body of Christ.

That body is not the Jehovah's Witness. I would admit that there may be some people elected of God who might be Jehovah's Witness. If so, they are saved in spite of their club affiliation and not because of it.

Banned

#10New Post! Dec 10, 2012 @ 17:45:13
@magicgoat Said

The covenant of Grace was offered to Abraham. When Christ came, the covenant was offered to both Jews and Gentiles.

God's people are members of the Invisible confessing Church, the Body of Christ.

That body is not the Jehovah's Witness. I would admit that there may be some people elected of God who might be Jehovah's Witness. If so, they are saved in spite of their club affiliation and not because of it.

Sorry, but there you are totally wrong. Grace is not a scriptural concept, in the sense you mean it.

There is only one group who are God's people, because there is only one group obeying Christ's command to preach, and that group is the JWs.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs