Prince of Wales

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2
bendover On November 25, 2007

Deleted

Muff, Ireland
#1New Post! May 16, 2006 @ 20:00:37
There's a TV show starting now on The Prince of Wales in close up to mark the 30th Anniversary of the Prince's trust.

I don't want to get into a debate of the benefits of the Royal family but I do want to say the Princes's trust is one bloody great idea and the "boy" deserves credit for the scheme which comes very close to his Da's scheme The Duke of Edinburgh Award scheme.

True they probably were thought up by some minion but they had the sence to adopt the schemes and many thousands of young people have benefited by both schemes.
cole On October 22, 2023

Stirling, United Kingdom
#2New Post! May 16, 2006 @ 20:04:56
Yep i'm a big supporter of the Princes Trust and the good work it's done i know a few people who have benefitted as a result of it's involvement, its good cause even if if i'm not pro royal
stefficles On January 18, 2009

Somewhere, United Kingdom
#3New Post! May 16, 2006 @ 20:05:20
Agreed Prince's Trust and DofE are both good plans. I highly doubt their royal highness' brains did anything more than sign a document saying that use of their name was permitted, but it's still good that they put their names to such worthy causes.

Deleted

Muff, Ireland
#4New Post! May 16, 2006 @ 20:15:06
Hey. I'm surprised to see that the scheme WAS Charlie's idea.

He got good people on board at the early stage to do the spade work but more power to the man for trying to help.

#5New Post! May 16, 2006 @ 20:17:55
rock on for him!
cole On October 22, 2023

Stirling, United Kingdom
#6New Post! May 16, 2006 @ 20:18:43
I personally like Charles, he does have some good ideas and doesn't mind speaking his mind even if it does get him into trouble [politics]. I think he suffered alot for his love of another woman and his subsequent treatment of Princess Diana who was loved by millions [i thought she was a bit of a media whore myself, although i didn't think ill of the woman] which i think the Queen had more to do with.
lifeshort On October 17, 2008

Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
#7New Post! May 16, 2006 @ 20:23:16
I'll never understand what he was thinking of when he poked Camilla. I mean, come on. If you were gonna bone another bird you'd at least do one fitter than your Mrs eh? Camilla looks like Rod Hull, ffs

#8New Post! May 16, 2006 @ 20:24:05
He should have just married Camilla in the first place.... But then, if he had done we wouldn't have two gorgeous princes to gaze and drool over.....

Deleted

Muff, Ireland
#9New Post! May 16, 2006 @ 20:27:28
True story about Charlie. He is a close frind to a very well known Irish Republican here in Derry.

The guy has very strong political beliefs and with Charlie being the comander of the Parachute Regiment he can't dare show his face in my town.

However Charlie still gets him loads of money for worthwhile projects through the Princes Trust but does all the good work very quietly with no publisity.

When you think the guy lost his favourite uncle to an IRA bomb it shows you the strenght of the guy that he has the balls to still help here.
cole On October 22, 2023

Stirling, United Kingdom
#10New Post! May 16, 2006 @ 20:32:38
I thought i saw something on the news the other day with Gerry Adams and Prince Charles, never cuaght it all but it looked like they were at the same place which i thought strange and made me think of Lord Mountbatten

#11New Post! May 16, 2006 @ 20:35:34
@bendover Said
True story about Charlie. He is a close frind to a very well known Irish Republican here in Derry.

The guy has very strong political beliefs and with Charlie being the comander of the Parachute Regiment he can't dare show his face in my town.

However Charlie still gets him loads of money for worthwhile projects through the Princes Trust but does all the good work very quietly with no publisity.

When you think the guy lost his favourite uncle to an IRA bomb it shows you the strenght of the guy that he has the balls to still help here.

I guess you have a point in your last paragraph. But his 'duty' is to lick arses, and be seen to do so.......think about it.....

#12New Post! May 16, 2006 @ 20:36:29
@lifeshort Said
I guess you have a point in your last paragraph. But his 'duty' is to lick arses, and be seen to do so.......think about it.....

"no publicity"

#13New Post! May 16, 2006 @ 20:42:06
@stefficles Said
"no publicity"

When can he EVER do anything without publicity........

Deleted

Muff, Ireland
#14New Post! May 16, 2006 @ 20:43:03
Exactly. The things the guy does here are NEVER in the press. Very few people get up close to him and even know what he does here.

His Da has a good friend who lives 30 miles away from here and regularly is over to carriage riding things and there's never a blink inthe press.

The guy has earned respect in a lot of strange quarters.

#15New Post! May 16, 2006 @ 20:48:52
@bendover Said
Exactly. The things the guy does here are NEVER in the press. Very few people get up close to him and even know what he does here.

His Da has a good friend who lives 30 miles away from here and regularly is over to carriage riding things and there's never a blink inthe press.

The guy has earned respect in a lot of strange quarters.

I actually chatted with him for 10 minutes at a polo match in Kirtlington (Oxford) last year.
It's mad though eh, that he should want to come to Ireland when you lot blew his Uncle away.
One special guy... 8)
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs