The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Politics:
Animal Rights

Pictures of Meat - a question for meat eaters.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...24 25 26 27 · >>
Marcussextus On November 25, 2014

Adelaide, Australia
#376New Post! Dec 15, 2009 @ 13:20:10
@rogy Said

You call my ideas Disneyland because you have already made your mind up having clearly not read any animal rights philosophy and while disingenuously calling for a debate.

Moreover, you call for "exact details" which everyone knows is not possible because these things evolve with incremental steps. You then criticise people for not being able to provide the impossible, thereby, IMO, demonstrating that you are not really serious in your claims.

rogY

And YET AGAIN!
The facts really don't matter to you, do they?
As long as you can feel superior by belittling others, you won't get too far with communicating your ideas.
You readily call me and others liars, and claim "fact" status for your own wild and demonstrably wrong proclamations.
I haven't asked for "exact details", I've asked you EXACTLY HOW, rather a different thing, another of your attempts to misdirect.
I have repeatedly asked for a plan, an approach, and even once for just the merest outline , anything AT ALL, and you have always responded with your attempted bullying tactics, rather than even attempt it.
"These things evolve"? Yet you are NOT talking about letting it evolve, you want to direct society on to a specific pathway, with a destination clearly in mind, I am just asking you to map the road between, or even just a rough outline, as you see it.
Surely if you are so well-informed of the "horrors" of the modern world, and have such a strong philosophical stand-point on what it SHOULD be, you would have spent SOME time thinking about how to effect the change you want?
Some time thinking about HOW the world you want would actually OPERATE?
To my mind, if you haven't, what you have is NOT a philosophy, it's a Faith, a blind belief in a non-evidential reality, a religion in other words.
I ask yet AGAIN, show us what you have been thinking about!
Share with us how you would like to see it done, and maintained, PLEASE,?
rogy On June 03, 2013

, United Kingdom
#377New Post! Dec 15, 2009 @ 16:26:35
@Marcussextus Said

And YET AGAIN!
The facts really don't matter to you, do they?
As long as you can feel superior by belittling others, you won't get too far with communicating your ideas.
You readily call me and others liars, and claim "fact" status for your own wild and demonstrably wrong proclamations.
I haven't asked for "exact details", I've asked you EXACTLY HOW, rather a different thing, another of your attempts to misdirect.
I have repeatedly asked for a plan, an approach, and even once for just the merest outline , anything AT ALL, and you have always responded with your attempted bullying tactics, rather than even attempt it.
"These things evolve"? Yet you are NOT talking about letting it evolve, you want to direct society on to a specific pathway, with a destination clearly in mind, I am just asking you to map the road between, or even just a rough outline, as you see it.
Surely if you are so well-informed of the "horrors" of the modern world, and have such a strong philosophical stand-point on what it SHOULD be, you would have spent SOME time thinking about how to effect the change you want?
Some time thinking about HOW the world you want would actually OPERATE?
To my mind, if you haven't, what you have is NOT a philosophy, it's a Faith, a blind belief in a non-evidential reality, a religion in other words.
I ask yet AGAIN, show us what you have been thinking about!
Share with us how you would like to see it done, and maintained, PLEASE,?

Please retract that I have called you or an other a liar.

I have never called anyone a liar on TFS, and do not do so "readily."

This is an utter fabrication on your part.

rogY

Adelaide, Australia
#378New Post! Dec 15, 2009 @ 23:09:45
@rogy Said

Please retract that I have called you or an other a liar.

I have never called anyone a liar on TFS, and do not do so "readily."

This is an utter fabrication on your part.

rogY

I retract NOTHING!
I quote my post, then your response, the most recent occasion, to go back and re-read all your posts is a tad more than my stomach can handle.

MS: I have read widely on your religion,(Marx too, )
R: "...having clearly not read any animal rights philosophy..."
Now, in the language I speak, and most other people too, that is calling me a liar. I realise you consider the meanings of words to be something for personal interpretation, but contradiction is contradiction, whichever way you serve it.
Since you would appear to be just as incapable of conducting a rational exchange, I'll treat you the same as your erstwhile fellow preacher, and ignore you until or unless you make an attempt to do so.
Preach ya heart out, you'll get no further response from me.
Common-sense can't affect zealotry.
Thranduil On August 31, 2013

QUINCY, Kentucky
#379New Post! Dec 15, 2009 @ 23:21:18
What's really funny is that humans have been eating meat for thousands of years, then in the late 70s, and early 80s, some stuck-up self-righteous prick said: "NO!!! PHUCK YOU!!!!, i'm not kill and eat poor wittle Bambi!!!
I'll get by on vegetables and i expect everyone else to do the same!!! or else!!"
rogy On June 03, 2013

, United Kingdom
#380New Post! Dec 16, 2009 @ 00:04:45
@Thranduil Said

What's really funny is that humans have been eating meat for thousands of years, then in the late 70s, and early 80s, some stuck-up self-righteous prick said: "NO!!! PHUCK YOU!!!!, i'm not kill and eat poor wittle Bambi!!!
I'll get by on vegetables and i expect everyone else to do the same!!! or else!!"

You think vegetarianism began in the 1970s?

Veganism began in the 1940s.

And what's with the "or else"? - are we to endure more posts about force where none is involved?

rogY
rogy On June 03, 2013

, United Kingdom
#381New Post! Dec 16, 2009 @ 00:07:34
@Marcussextus Said

I retract NOTHING!
I quote my post, then your response, the most recent occasion, to go back and re-read all your posts is a tad more than my stomach can handle.

MS: I have read widely on your religion,(Marx too, )
R: "...having clearly not read any animal rights philosophy..."
Now, in the language I speak, and most other people too, that is calling me a liar. I realise you consider the meanings of words to be something for personal interpretation, but contradiction is contradiction, whichever way you serve it.
Since you would appear to be just as incapable of conducting a rational exchange, I'll treat you the same as your erstwhile fellow preacher, and ignore you until or unless you make an attempt to do so.
Preach ya heart out, you'll get no further response from me.
Common-sense can't affect zealotry.

You cannot plausibly have read animal rights philosophy - and certainly not either Gary Francione or Tom Regan - if you persist in regard their thought as a religion.

rogY

Adelaide, Australia
#382New Post! Dec 16, 2009 @ 00:16:01
@rogy Said

You cannot plausibly have read animal rights philosophy - and certainly not either Gary Francione or Tom Regan - if you persist in regard their thought as a religion.

rogY

Final comment, since you refer to your disingenuous ways.
What you appear to be saying is that since what convinced you didn't convince me, I must be lying!
About what I'd expect from a religious zealot, your "TRUTH" may seem all-powerful to you personally, but I am capable of making up my own mind, and I see your blind Faith as just a good reason to doubt your intellectual capabilities.
Now go flog your dead soybean somewhere else, your getting tedious!
rogy On June 03, 2013

, United Kingdom
#383New Post! Dec 16, 2009 @ 00:27:30
@Marcussextus Said

Final comment, since you refer to your disingenuous ways.
What you appear to be saying is that since what convinced you didn't convince me, I must be lying!
About what I'd expect from a religious zealot, your "TRUTH" may seem all-powerful to you personally, but I am capable of making up my own mind, and I see your blind Faith as just a good reason to doubt your intellectual capabilities.
Now go flog your dead soybean somewhere else, your getting tedious!

Look - I have NEVER accused you of being a liar.

You must understand - and I think this is why you do it - that I find it deeply insulting that my views are dismissed as religion.

rogY

Adelaide, Australia
#384New Post! Dec 16, 2009 @ 00:53:55
"I have NEVER accused you of being a liar."

I said I read, you replied "You cannot plausibly have read animal rights philosophy ,..", and that's calling me a liar by any criteria.
I'd suggest YOU go back and review your proselytizing posts, you've obviously lost track of your own words.
Zealots do rather tend to do that.

As for you feeling "insulted", it's not my fault if you can't accept reality, and I recommend you find your local phonebook, and try under.."Gives a sh*t"
rogy On June 03, 2013

, United Kingdom
#385New Post! Dec 16, 2009 @ 00:58:14
@Marcussextus Said

I said I read, you replied "You cannot plausibly have read animal rights philosophy ,..", and that's calling me a liar by any criteria.
I'd suggest YOU go back and review your proselytizing posts, you've obviously lost track of your own words.

As for you feeling "insulted", it's not my fault if you can't accept reality, and I recommend you find your local phonebook, and try under.."Gives a sh*t"

Pretend as much as you like - but I have never accused you of being a liar.

rogY

Adelaide, Australia
#386New Post! Dec 16, 2009 @ 01:08:16
@rogy Said

Pretend as much as you like - but I have never accused you of being a liar.

rogY

Pretend? Did I misquote you?
Like so many of your sermons from on-high, you make statements that can only be read one way, then deny that's what you meant, and argue the toss over specific words, more distraction and misdirection.
Back to your lotuses, Priest!
trish108 On December 18, 2009

Fremantle, Australia
#387New Post! Dec 16, 2009 @ 04:27:55
@rogy Said

B-12 is not a problem - it is derived from bacteria, not meat. It is still not entirely certain that we need to worry too much about it - but there are claims both ways.

Interestingly, most people who suffer from B-12 deficiency are not vegans, probably because vegans are better educated on the claims made about it.

I have been a vegan since 1979 and some medical experts would suggest I should be dead by now having not supplemented by diet with B-12.

As for fangs - aren't you agreeing that the amount of meat we should consume is small at best? And since we ~can~ do without, the moral issue is whether we should or not.

This is why no-one advocates veganism for lions.

rogY

Hey that's interesting about the B12 thing. I got deficient in B12 but also turned out to be gluten intolerant. B12 deficiency is one of the things that often leads doctors to test for Coeliac Disease. No one tested me for years because they just assumed being vegetarian (and later vegan) was the problem - in spite of other symptoms too that they blamed on 'IBS' and just recommended I take up eating meat!!

I was fortunate to eventually find a Nutritional Doctor who tested me for gluten intolerance and avoiding gluten fixed all the supposed IBS symptoms.
trish108 On December 18, 2009

Fremantle, Australia
#388New Post! Dec 16, 2009 @ 04:39:43
@rogy Said

You think vegetarianism began in the 1970s?

Veganism began in the 1940s.

And what's with the "or else"? - are we to endure more posts about force where none is involved?

rogY

Actually archeologists found a site where an Essene community lived, about 2000 years ago and could find no evidence of animal bones whatsoever. This is unheard of apparently and the archeologists concluded that the community was vegan. Essenes today are still vegan I believe.
Carameldream On January 15, 2010

kelowna, Canada
#389New Post! Dec 17, 2009 @ 21:23:11
@Thranduil Said

I wonder why? Modern industrialization has dirtied our food supply, lied to us since the 50's, poisoned our waters, air, and soils.

So YOU want to continue your 'top of the food chain', 'survival of the fittest', its my right as a human trip? Thousands of years of evolution thrown out the window for YOUR money! If we, the consumers, don't stand up for our rights, the corporations wlll continue raping us, stealing our health and screwing us til we die.... But, awwww, you can keep on your angry little "self-righteous", tongue-in-cheek attitude cuz it works for you!!!! Happy trails, my ignorant friend.

Don't eat vegetables. Do what ya want!
Carameldream On January 15, 2010

kelowna, Canada
#390New Post! Dec 17, 2009 @ 21:31:25
@Marcussextus Said

Are there areas to report abuse for certain topic threads? This is a BE NICE forum? But people can bully as much as they wish? I wish the megalomaniacs would take a hike so some real action could take place.

You don't have to prove superiority to claim your right to eat flesh. We never preached for you to change in any way. For this topic, I would think an actual pic of Marcussextus would be the greatest offense to vegans. Go back to page 1 and re-read it. Read the actual STARTER for this topic. Then read the other Animal Righst topics... then COMPARE to this one and see how far it has gotten off track.

Maybe we could start a thread on him about the ignorance of opposing views to the point of megalomania... Let's GIVE & TAKE not sink teeth in and hang on for the sake of being creepy in an Animal Rights thread. Ugh.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...24 25 26 27 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs