Forums:
College Life

Notarized Documents

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
lastminute On February 29, 2012

Racine, Wisconsin
#1New Post! Jul 16, 2010 @ 18:20:17
I'm planning on studying abroad and the university is requesting that the following documents be notarized:

- Diplomas from high school and tech college

- Birth Certificate

- Transcripts from high school and tech college

All of them have a hard press seal except the tech college transcripts and the diplomas. The diplomas (like all of them) have colored seals. The tech college transcripts states: This transcript is printed on burgundy scrip-safe paper and does not require a raised seal.

So, are all of these documents basically notarized since they have the seals and signatures? I want to make sure because I don't want to travel that far and end up being screwed.

The only thing that is bothering me though is that the high school transcripts have a signature and seal, but it's not dated. Does it have to be dated?
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#2New Post! Jul 16, 2010 @ 18:22:34
I think you should contact the university directly. They are the ones that can give you the info you need. I'd hate to say 'yeah it's okay' and then find out it's not with them. So ask them. They'll be able to give you the correct answer.
bella_vita On September 23, 2010

Deleted

All over,
#3New Post! Jul 16, 2010 @ 18:23:12
Sounds like everything is notarized properly. I'm a notary, and I date everything that I sign, but I'm not sure if it's required or not. Is there a date anywhere else on the paper?
boobagins On August 03, 2013
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#4New Post! Jul 16, 2010 @ 18:24:32
Best thing....call the college/university you want to transfer to and ask them. What I or anybody else says won't matter...what they say matters.

If you're transferring from from university to another university abroad...you can even talk to you university if its a program they are sponsoring.♠

Racine, Wisconsin
#5New Post! Jul 16, 2010 @ 18:26:51
@bella_vita Said

Sounds like everything is notarized properly. I'm a notary, and I date everything that I sign, but I'm not sure if it's required or not. Is there a date anywhere else on the paper?

No, just the day that the office printed the papers out near the top of the page. I find that pretty weird to be honest, that the secretary didn't date it.

Racine, Wisconsin
#6New Post! Jul 16, 2010 @ 18:31:09
@LuckyCharms Said

I think you should contact the university directly. They are the ones that can give you the info you need. I'd hate to say 'yeah it's okay' and then find out it's not with them. So ask them. They'll be able to give you the correct answer.

@boobagins Said

Best thing....call the college/university you want to transfer to and ask them. What I or anybody else says won't matter...what they say matters.

If you're transferring from from university to another university abroad...you can even talk to you university if its a program they are sponsoring.♠

I've been sending emails back and forth to them. I've also scanned the documents and emailed those to the university but since some of the docs have a hard press seal, it cannot be seen or one can barely see it.
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#7New Post! Jul 16, 2010 @ 18:31:52
Have you told them that and asked accordingly?
boobagins On August 03, 2013
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#8New Post! Jul 16, 2010 @ 18:50:16
@lastminute Said

I've been sending emails back and forth to them. I've also scanned the documents and emailed those to the university but since some of the docs have a hard press seal, it cannot be seen or one can barely see it.

my answer...as far as motorization goes, and I work at a College.

Most of that stuff is already "certified" in the fact that it has a seal. But also, its not like when you submit the paperwork, you'll be giving them originals (you wont' be giving them your original birth certificate).

What you need to do...is make a copy of all documentation and get it motorized and dated by a notary. <<< That can be your back up.

As far as transcripts, order three of them. When you order them from your university or tech college, they should be SEALED and stamped. That serves as one protection. Do not OPEN the sealed transcripts...take them with you sealed. One, you give to the Uni you want to transfer to (SEALED), another, open it and have it motorized along with everything else, and another one...do not open it. Just keep in your records (sealed), in case something comes up and you need another extra sealed copy.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs