Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 · >>
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#16New Post! Apr 18, 2017 @ 19:05:18
@nooneinparticular Said

Here. Also I would have put in something about the six-party talks but that hot mess is so complicated I could devote literally thousands of words to it in a post and it would still just be scratching the surface.

It certainly is a good point that we have, at least in principle, tried some level of diplomacy.
nooneinparticular On March 16, 2023

, Hawaii
#17New Post! Apr 18, 2017 @ 19:05:33
@chaski Said

I agree with both of you.

If it were truly feasible, it would probably make more sense for the initial overture to come from European nations (France, German, England, etc).

Using Cuba (where the doors to Europe opened in the 90's) as an example, Kim might be more welcoming Europe than the USA.

Maybe, but with the EU fighting for it's life admits a wave of nationalism, I'm not entirely sure Europe would be in a position to offer anything worth noting to North Korea in exchange for nuclear disarmament, or a more open trade policy. Not to mention that if Europe starts offering a more open trade policy with no adverse effects while also still being part of NATO, I'm not at all convinced that Kim wouldn't find that just as suspicious, if not more so, than if we had proposed the deal ourselves.

Quote:

Publicly our politicians could sort of poo-poo it, thus making Kim think that he is F___king with the USA by opening up to European countries.

Still, the real goal on our part might be to get the proverbial door open enough to influence some of Kim's generals...entice them subtly to view Kim as an obstacle to their wealth and power...sort of plant the seed for a coup.

Assuming that Kim doesn't replace them first, or that they would be receptive to that approach in the first place.

Quote:

Do I think any of that ( ) is likely to succeed? I have doubts, but if everything else tried fails, then the one of the things not tried might just work.

Action is not inherently superior to inaction. If we're simply throwing stuff at the wall hoping something will stick, at the very least we're just as likely to escalate as we are to diffuse.

That is not me saying that nothing should be done, however. Ever since I was old enough to understand what was going on, I've been very worried about North Korea. I live on what is basically a glorified military base situated between North Korea and the Mainland US, after all. All I'm saying is that if we're going to engage in covert action, or any sort of action for that matter, I would like for there to be a bevy of contingency plans in case things go awry. I would like there to be an actual strategy as opposed to simply a plan that may or may not work whose exit strategy involves just switching gears to something else.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#18New Post! Apr 18, 2017 @ 19:29:19
@nooneinparticular Said

Here. Also I would have put in something about the six-party talks but that hot mess is so complicated I could devote literally thousands of words to it in a post and it would still just be scratching the surface.

Thanks! Doesn't look like much though, just an agreement on their end to end production of nuclear energy in exchange for imported fossil fuels, which obviously was short lived. Did we ever offer economic training and assistance in capitalistic ventures per Chaski's suggestion?
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#19New Post! Apr 18, 2017 @ 19:37:49
Chaski's North Korea Plan B

1. Trump invites Putin to play golf at Mar-a-Lago. Trump convinces Putin to send agents to poison Kim Jong-un with radioactive materials and leave "evidence" that it was really a plot between China and some of Kim Jong-un's generals.

2. Meanwhile, the CIA starts an information campaign by way of "top secret" NSA information "leaked to Wikileaks" which indicates that Hillary was in negotiations to work China to topple Kim Jong-un.

> This information will demonstrate that Trump was initially against this plan, but is presently being manipulated Bannon and others in support of it.

> The information will suggest NK is running out of options, as China is still hot on this topple Kim Jong-un idea...

> However NK still has a chance to turn to someone in the West....let's say France or maybe Iran ( ) ...who is willing to act as an advocate for NK autonomy at the UN.

3. Once Kim Jong-un dies of radiation poisoning, the generals are now primed to save NK from this Wag the Dog scheme of China's.

4. Etc.

One of the stars of this movie will be Tom Cruise...or maybe Russell Crowe...it might be fun to see Cate Blanchett and/or Helen Mirren and/or Judi Dench at least do a cameo appearance.
nooneinparticular On March 16, 2023

, Hawaii
#20New Post! Apr 18, 2017 @ 19:59:23
@Leon Said

Thanks! Doesn't look like much though, just an agreement on their end to end production of nuclear energy in exchange for imported fossil fuels, which obviously was short lived. Did we ever offer economic training and assistance in capitalistic ventures per Chaski's suggestion?

To my knowledge no, but then again, I'm not really convinced North Korea would ever ask for that either so...
PTF On April 24, 2017

Banned

Indiana,
#21New Post! Apr 18, 2017 @ 22:25:04
Tell these people as a reminder what happened to Syria.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#22New Post! Apr 18, 2017 @ 22:26:32
@PTF Said

Tell these people as a reminder what happened to Syria.

What...that their airport (that they don't use) might be so poorly bombed that it was up and running within 48 hours...if not 24 hours?
PTF On April 24, 2017

Banned

Indiana,
#23New Post! Apr 18, 2017 @ 22:32:36
@chaski Said

What...that their airport (that they don't use) might be so poorly bombed that it was up and running within 48 hours...if not 24 hours?

Hey chas...nearby Payless will be closing sorry to say.
Anyway I'm sure there are other "soft targets".
I didn't like the way N Korea soldiers stared at our Vice President Pence last week. Pence didn't wink an eye and stood his ground...something this dude wouldn't of tried.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#24New Post! Apr 18, 2017 @ 22:43:50
@PTF Said

Hey chas...nearby Payless will be closing sorry to say.
Anyway I'm sure there are other "soft targets".
I didn't like the way N Korea soldiers stared at our Vice President Pence last week. Pence didn't wink an eye and stood his ground...something this dude wouldn't of tried.

Pence is a pussy.

I would never look to him as either a model or beacon of courage nor manliness.

And.... WOW he can stare at a N. Korean soldier who is more or less imprisoned on his side of the DMZ and told to look like a "bad ass" at all costs or be sent to prison.

N. Korea...watch the movie The Mouse That Roared
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#25New Post! Apr 18, 2017 @ 22:51:17
@chaski Said

Pence is a pussy.

I know right, of course he is. It's the reason trump gets all in there and grabs him anytime he wants, how he wants. Pussy Grabber in Chief.

chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#26New Post! Apr 18, 2017 @ 23:35:44
Meanwhile...as Pence is staring down low level N. Korean solders, Trump tries to do a show of force off the Korean peninsula....

Except the fleet was actually headed to the Indian Ocean....just a little far away for a show of force.

"As the White House was talking about sending a naval "armada" to the Korean peninsula, the very ships in question were on their way to participate in military exercises in the Indian Ocean, some 3,500 miles in the opposite direction."

https://www.cnn.com/2017/04/18/politics/carl-vinson-korea-trump/index.html

I'm so glad we have Pres, VP, Sec Def and National Security Advisor who know what they are doing with our
military.

Of course it was the Pentagon's fault....not Trump's for not knowing the geography of the world...nope...it was the Pentagon's fault.... I bet that scared the s*** out of Bad Hair Kim.

I am so proud of our Twitter in Chief.

chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#27New Post! Apr 18, 2017 @ 23:40:33
And then there was... Two Russian TU-95 Bear bombers were intercepted in international airspace off the coast of Alaska by two US F-22 Raptor fighter aircraft on Monday, the Pentagon confirmed to CNN.

Intercepted in...

International air space...

Now that is some big news.

I bet both Kim and Putin were so scared they pissed themselves....Of course Putin has had a "spy ship" off the U.S. east coast, with no response nor acknowledgment from TOTUS, for months.

chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#28New Post! Apr 19, 2017 @ 00:00:44
Of course the real wimp was Obama.

Instead of sending troops into war, that coward Obama avoided having US soldiers killed in combat by using drone strikes 531 times to kill terrorists.

Wimp!
shadowen On March 22, 2024

Bunyip Bend, Australia
#29New Post! Apr 19, 2017 @ 08:42:05
"it would probably make more sense for the initial overture to come from European nations (France, German, England, etc). "

Note:

When it comes to international politics, it is the sovereign nation of the UK that is recognized and not any of the four constituent countries. So no overture could come from England. An 'overture' could however come from the UK.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#30New Post! Apr 19, 2017 @ 11:45:30
@shadowen Said

"it would probably make more sense for the initial overture to come from European nations (France, German, England, etc). "

Note:

When it comes to international politics, it is the sovereign nation of the UK that is recognized and not any of the four constituent countries. So no overture could come from England. An 'overture' could however come from the UK.

Yes...and Germany is officially "Federal Republic of Germany" (or Bundesrepublik Deutschland to be more accurate), France is officially the "French Republic" (or République française to be more accurate) and America is the "United States of America" (because actually all countries in the North, South and Central America are part of the Americas)...and much of Europe is part the " European Union (EU)".

Very helpful and completely on topic.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs