Random

No shame!

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
basha On June 14, 2012

Somewhere YOU wanna be!!, Unit
#1New Post! Apr 24, 2009 @ 12:44:31
I woke up this morning, made breakfast and then flicked the TV on to be confronted by a advert with a lawyer in it reading the will of the relative of a couple to them.
It said how he had left some of his substantial estate to a charity.
The end line was basically, be remembered by giving your stuff/money to charity when you die.

WTF!!!!!!!!!!
I don't know about you but when i die, my family will get my hard earned money and belongings!!
I do more than my fair share for charity and those less fortunate than myself!

I believe in charities don't get me wrong but i found this advert totally shameless!!!
angelcake On January 18, 2016
Say whaaa

Eastleigh, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Apr 24, 2009 @ 12:45:39
Same unless I breed complete arseholes who mug old ladies and beat their spouses up.
rider On September 28, 2009

Deleted

The first one, Australia
#3New Post! Apr 24, 2009 @ 12:48:20
Don't we all,how many times do we see ads for World Vision,and how many millions do they get compaired to the pitance they give the Needy.

In my opinion the charities take more than they give and should be taxed heavily for what they don't give.
crazychica On March 13, 2011
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Apr 24, 2009 @ 12:49:55
Charities are often shamless with what they do. It's gotten to the point here in ABerdeen where you can't walk from one end of the City Centre to the other without being harrassed by representatives of about 5 different charities. And even if you do register to give a certain amount each month, they don't stop there. My uncle cancelled all of my aunt's donations via direct debit because all of the charities she was signed up to help started calling demanding unreasonably high increases to her donations.

I'm all for giving to charity but sometimes what they do is ridiculous and they get away with it because they say that it's for the greater good.
MlissaBeth On February 13, 2013
Wait for it!

Tucson, Arizona
#5New Post! Apr 24, 2009 @ 12:52:03
While they may have no shame, I would say from the sound of it they did a decent job with the advert.

Their job is to make money. And one trick that's commonly used is guilting people into it.
CptObvious On February 04, 2010

Miami, Florida
#6New Post! Apr 24, 2009 @ 12:53:17
thing is nobody has any shame these days
trolly_mctroll On August 03, 2012

trollworld, Tromelin Island
#7New Post! Apr 24, 2009 @ 12:56:03
@basha Said

I woke up this morning, made breakfast and then flicked the TV on to be confronted by a advert with a lawyer in it reading the will of the relative of a couple to them.
The end line was basically, be remembered by giving your stuff/money to charity when you die.

WTF!!!!!!!!!!
I don't know about you but when i die, my family will get my hard earned money and belongings!!

I believe in charities don't get me wrong but i found this advert totally shameless!!!

hey baby, are you dying?
basha On June 14, 2012

Somewhere YOU wanna be!!, Unit
#8New Post! Apr 24, 2009 @ 12:58:14
@trolly_mctroll Said

hey baby, are you dying?

Not for a while yet dude!!
You have to put up with me for a bit longer but i'll let you know if there are any developments!!

And FYI i'm not leaving my estate to you or anything troll related either!!
Wingsy On November 26, 2023
wingsdillialicious!

Wingsville,
#9New Post! Apr 24, 2009 @ 13:01:13
I don't know how estate taxes work in the UK, but here, if a rich man dies and leaves his billions to charity, his family has far less tax liability.

It's a tax planning technique that we use a lot. We don't suggest it unless people ask us how to reduce their family's tax liability. The upside is that their family has to pay less in taxes The downside is that their family gets less of the estate.
karljkampovsky On May 13, 2009

Deleted

undisclosed location,
#10New Post! Apr 24, 2009 @ 13:02:52
@rider Said

Don't we all,how many times do we see ads for World Vision,and how many millions do they get compaired to the pitance they give the Needy.

In my opinion the charities take more than they give and should be taxed heavily for what they don't give.

Too right mate! As a practice they (all charities) take operating expenses, exective and workers pay right off the top, usually leaving about 10% for distribution!
iliterate_enginere On February 12, 2010

Deleted

Wichita, Kansas
#11New Post! Apr 24, 2009 @ 13:58:31
Yeah, I wonder just how much the lawyer actually gives to charity per year, or should I say, take from the less fortunate by charging people out the ass.
Mixxie On April 26, 2009

Johannesburg, South Africa
#12New Post! Apr 24, 2009 @ 14:06:51
Yeah Charities can be unreasonable sometime
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#13New Post! Apr 24, 2009 @ 15:35:49
Im giving all of mine to the retired clowns home, just to piss off my kids.
angel21 On May 22, 2009

Co. Durham, United Kingdom
#14New Post! Apr 24, 2009 @ 15:41:19
@basha Said

WTF!!!!!!!!!!

My parents say they're leaving everything to their dogs
trillian On May 06, 2010

derbyshire, United Kingdom
#15New Post! Apr 24, 2009 @ 15:50:19
we watched tv the other night and within the space of a couple of hours, several charities had been on asking for ?5 a month, ?2 a month, etc. you could spend everything you earn on charity.
they ahve even started knocking on the doors here. i dont mind donating which i do often, but come on. enough is enough. we have the same here at times you cant walk in a straight line across town cos they hassle you to sign up and give them your bank details. my parents recently cancelled their direct debits cos they thought the charity they were giving to were getting greedy.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs