cjm31 On July 05, 2012

Jerusalem, Israel
#91New Post! May 06, 2009 @ 05:18:56
so how am I going to know whom I offended now but I am all for the positive
raditz8526 On July 02, 2009

Deleted

, Minnesota
#92New Post! May 06, 2009 @ 05:22:41
Can we get rid of the feature that prevents us from giving kudos to our top 2 posters? lol
perfectlystrange On June 15, 2010

Strangeville,
#93New Post! May 06, 2009 @ 05:25:39
Awww... I will miss the negs. They were such cute bundles of negativity.
DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#94New Post! May 06, 2009 @ 05:59:45
KUDOS-like the idea of decreasing them, Tino. It increases the value of one when they are used more sparingly. Instead of being used so often amongst friends, lol, which I happen to do now. REF the negs: yes, it got to be too much (the complaints about them and all) so we understand why you took them away. But they were okay if they would of only been used for the purposes intended. Reference whining etc, I used to hate to be called a whiner and nagger, then I began to take it as a compliment because that meant people were about ready to make a positive decision in my favor. People call it whining/nagging when they know you are right, but they'll be the last person to admit it so they try to discredit you in various ways. Be aware of the squeaky wheel theory. If everything is going along on an even keel, with everyone practising diplomacy et al, it is the one squeaky wheel (who may be labeled as a whiner or nagger) who will stop all forward motion until the problem is resolved. Last, just a lil bit more about not needing a thumbs down neg link in order to criticize someone or put someone in their place. It can be done much more subtly, and a key way it is done is by making a statement, and then being very careful to keep the last part of that 'unsaid' or implied. Many times you learn more about people, their character and their values, not by what they say, but by what they leave unsaid. Now, that being said, I will follow TreeBee's advice and just let it be done. End of this discussion here once and for all. TFS and all its members rock!
chipmunkinator On January 21, 2016

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
#95New Post! May 06, 2009 @ 16:24:32
I agree 50 was to many, but I think there should be negative kudos, and people who moan should get negged more :D It's just a bit of fun. It looks pretty bare with just the positive thumbs up icon below the post.
annski729 On July 24, 2016

, United States (general)
#96New Post! May 06, 2009 @ 19:05:35
I think this one thread shows that there is no pleasing everyone
boobagins On August 03, 2013
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#97New Post! May 06, 2009 @ 19:09:33
How about limit the amount of negs you can give to only five or three a day. That way...you only neg when you really don't like the post for whatever reason. Hard to abuse it that don't you think?
paininmybrain On October 27, 2010

point pleasant,
#98New Post! May 06, 2009 @ 19:14:25
@eL_TinO Said

Neg kudos were originally introduced as a way for everyone to get in on the moderating action, and help shape the kind of posts people want to see on TFS.

Apparently it hasn't worked. Instead, it just led to a bunch of complaining about neg kudos, with little positive benefit as far as getting rid of trolls, etc.

Therefore, there is no longer a neg kudo option. Along with this, the number of daily kudos people will have has decreased to 10 since there is nothing to counteract the positives.

Enjoy your neg-kudo-free days

Is this in response to the lili thread? just because one long time member wants something and is bent out of shape the whole format changes? oh boo hoo! is it the negs or the people that give them and what they say? now people are going to trash threads instead because they have no negs to throw!?

Really though imo negs were meant to be used not abused, i only used them on occassion and for reasons to combat the extreme!
surely a very limited neg system could be kept, so one could USE them wisely and they would actually mean something, not ABUSED widely and have little value!?

and i think im Damned right about this! so there!
El_Tino On October 12, 2023
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#99New Post! May 06, 2009 @ 19:15:08
@paininmybrain Said

Is this in response to the lili thread? just because one long time member wants something and is bent out of shape the whole format changes? oh boo hoo! is it the negs or the people that give them and what they say? now people are going to trash threads instead because they have no negs to throw!?

Really though imo negs were meant to be used not abused, i only used them on occassion and for reasons to combat the extreme!
surely a very limited neg system could be kept, so one could USE them wisely and they would actually mean something, not ABUSED widely and have little value!?

No, it's in response to people complaining about it constantly for months.
tardcore On May 24, 2010

Deleted

Between a rock and another roc
#100New Post! May 06, 2009 @ 19:16:48
@paininmybrain Said

If a neg carried more value, then the people who abuse them would do so EVEN MORE...

point pleasant,
#101New Post! May 06, 2009 @ 19:17:36
@eL_TinO Said

No, it's in response to people complaining about it constantly for months.

whiny bastards!

#102New Post! May 06, 2009 @ 19:19:54
@paininmybrain Said

I highly doubt Tino made the decision purely because one member suggested it. There have been so many complaints over the past few months, half of which many people haven't even seen. It was tried, it didn't work, so now something else will be tried out.

Negs *were* meant to be used and not abused, and maybe you yourself only used them on occasion, but many others certainly did not.

point pleasant,
#103New Post! May 06, 2009 @ 19:21:40
@tardcore Said

If a neg carried more value, then the people who abuse them would do so EVEN MORE...

no i meant value in that you had very limited negs to give not any point value!

point pleasant,
#104New Post! May 06, 2009 @ 19:23:27
@annski729 Said

I highly doubt Tino made the decision purely because one member suggested it. There have been so many complaints over the past few months, half of which many people haven't even seen. It was tried, it didn't work, so now something else will be tried out.

Negs *were* meant to be used and not abused, and maybe you yourself only used them on occasion, but many others certainly did not.

well then my apology to lili, for incurring the full blame! sigh!

#105New Post! May 06, 2009 @ 19:24:45
Oh and for anyone who is concerned about posts being made that break ToS or something, please remember there IS a report post feature. The report post feature was the primary way of reporting posts long before kudos were even a part of TFS, and it still is extremely helpful. Don't be afraid to use it if you think a post needs to be reviewed.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...5 6 7 8 9 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs