Next Stop Syria

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
El_Tino On October 12, 2023
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#2New Post! Jul 15, 2006 @ 21:34:32
I think unless someone does something to stop Israel then we're gonna have a WWIII on our hands.
silenthunder On November 25, 2007

Halliburton, Texas
#3New Post! Jul 15, 2006 @ 21:43:11
@el_tino Said
I think unless someone does something to stop Israel then we're gonna have a WWIII on our hands.

Very astute observation.

For many years now we have had the capability of destroying all life on this planet. Our destructive capabilities long ago over reached our wisdom.

If we are to choose life over death we must begin with an abandonment of our desire for revenge. The current situation is much larger than the State of Israel, which is about the size of New Jersey.

America is one of the premier arms dealers of the world. We have a ready clientel in the Middle East. Israel is provided American arms and the Arabs are provided Soviet arms.

The results should be predictable.
accessdenied On October 11, 2006

Deleted

Portage, Canada
#4New Post! Jul 15, 2006 @ 22:00:45
WWIII? I'm sorry which countries AREN'T fighting at the moment?
cobber On July 22, 2006

Deleted
Banned

Rockhampton, Australia
#5New Post! Jul 15, 2006 @ 23:04:30
Israel must be declared an illegal state should they continue down this barbaric state. but due to the Israeli Governments history with non Jews, nothing will stop them but having their money seized from them or anhilation.
cobber On July 22, 2006

Deleted
Banned

Rockhampton, Australia
#6New Post! Jul 15, 2006 @ 23:06:37
What's interesting, is that when I joined TFS and gave views on Israel, a number of people labelled me a Nazi and so on. I even got love letters through the PM system which made me laugh at their stupidity.

Now, no matter where I go, people around the world are turning against Israel except those who refuse to see them for what they are - Evil.

Halliburton, Texas
#7New Post! Jul 16, 2006 @ 00:00:58
One might consider the label "evil" broad enough to be applied to a number of peoples. While it is not my intent to defend the indefensible; it is my intent to express the idea that to label all of any people as evil is simply wrong.

As not all of the good people of Australia are in harmony and agreement with the actions of the Australian government, so the same story may be applied throughout the planet. The ideals of democracy and human rights are proclaimed very loudly by the same people who appear to be doing all with their power to crush any and all opposition.

Not all Americans are in harmony and agreement with the American government's actions. I would venture the samething might be found true in any number of other world governments, even Israel's.

Now. as to the idea of a Nazi style of government: while it was probably the most efficient and cost effective style of government; it too was brought about by the wealthy. The name I.G. Farben keeps coming to mind. In any event, with economic straits appearing on virtually all shores, the possibility of a repeat performance with a very similar style of government may be a real possibility if events continue unabated.

A truly radical idea would be for the peoples of good will worldwide to raise their voices in opposition to tyranny. History has shown that non-violent civil disobedience on a large enough scale has been extremely effective in changing governmental policy. Teachers for this type of activity have existed throughout history.

One silver lining in the clouds that approach us is that the seeds of just this type of action will be sown, worldwide.
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Jul 16, 2006 @ 00:11:04
@silenthunder Said
There is a solution, however we must be willing to set aside our own anger and become willing to look outside ourselves and our little cocoon of comfort. As it becomes increasingly apparent that violence is no solution: so it becomes even more apparent that non-violence is.

So in short what is the solution in your opinion? Sorry if i sound dense but, can you put it in laymans terms for me? What do you suggest we do?

Halliburton, Texas
#9New Post! Jul 16, 2006 @ 00:22:31
It is not a matter of my suggesting anything. Each person must find their own answer. As stated earlier, as conditions worsen, answers will appear.
Seeking a non-violent solution is a very broad catagory in which to search. Opportunities will present themselves quite of their own accord.
One might begin with a search of the history of non-violence, the teachers are many.
cobber On July 22, 2006

Deleted
Banned

Rockhampton, Australia
#10New Post! Jul 16, 2006 @ 00:48:54
@silenthunder Said
One might consider the label "evil" broad enough to be applied to a number of peoples. While it is not my intent to defend the indefensible; it is my intent to express the idea that to label all of any people as evil is simply wrong.

That is true. I agree. I have been talking about a history of a people though who never seem to wake up to the fact that when you push people into a corner, they have no alternative but to bite.

Halliburton, Texas
#11New Post! Jul 16, 2006 @ 01:00:36
@cobber Said
That is true. I agree. I have been talking about a history of a people though who never seem to wake up to the fact that when you push people into a corner, they have no alternative but to bite.

It is my own conviction that the lesson which you describe has yet to be learned by people all over the world.
idiotsonofanasshole On May 02, 2007

Why the f*** does Scotland hav
#12New Post! Jul 16, 2006 @ 03:56:42
@silenthunder Said

A truly radical idea would be for the peoples of good will worldwide to raise their voices in opposition to tyranny. History has shown that non-violent civil disobedience on a large enough scale has been extremely effective in changing governmental policy. Teachers for this type of activity have existed throughout history.

One silver lining in the clouds that approach us is that the seeds of just this type of action will be sown, worldwide.

We tried that before the war in Iraq. The largest demonstations since the Vietnam war took place in Britian but the government still choose to ignore us. Millions of folk alround britian and in fact the world went on marches to stop their respctive governments from joining america in an unjust war and without the UNs aproval.

Also what wepons of mass destruction have been found? None ever bbc news . yet have the respective gourvernments been held accountable for putting som many lives in danger or for the lives that have already died? NO!!!!

Violent civil disobedence has also been a great way to change governmental policy.

Not saying its the way to go but something has to be done!!
nothinsnew On September 15, 2009

Deleted

The Coast, Australia
#13New Post! Jul 16, 2006 @ 08:36:28
I dunno, my opinions might not be well thought out but from where I sit (which seems rather comfortable atm!) the idea that Israel is "defending" herself seems completely ridiculous.

Firing home made rockets also seems to pale in comparison to the air strikes and artillery Israel are throwing at the Palestinians.

I understand the frustration the Israeli government must feel when the Palestinians just keep doing things to them but really... I don't think what they are doing helps at all.
beobscureclearly On August 04, 2006

Back of Beyond, Australia
#14New Post! Jul 16, 2006 @ 08:37:23
You may be correct silenthunder but when they come for me and mine (as they inevitably will) I will not be thinking about a pacifist approach. I will be defending my family.
kerrigwen On May 13, 2008

Mississauga, Canada
#15New Post! Jul 16, 2006 @ 11:33:20
@nothinsnew Said
I understand the frustration the Israeli government must feel when the Palestinians just keep doing things to them but really... I don't think what they are doing helps at all.

Palestinians? This (current) conflict is supposedly about Hezbollah, not Palestinians.

And did you read what cobber said about those that are cornered, biting back? Think of where the Palestinians are now, and how they got there, and who put them there. Same thing with Lebanon - the war 20 years ago didnt exactly leave them in great shape either.

Israel feels it's at the top of its military force or something... it seems like a good possibility that Israel's goading all of the Arab League nations into an all-out war, she wants war.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs