Politics

Legalizing Marijuana

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...8 9 10 11 12 · >>
atlantis142 On October 31, 2007

South Croydon, United Kingdom
#136New Post! Dec 19, 2005 @ 21:15:48
I'm high on life but to be honest I think each to their own. Live and let live as long as no ones getting hurt.
earthangel On March 19, 2010

Sunbury On Thames, United King
#137New Post! Dec 20, 2005 @ 14:00:14
Once while i was in hospital, i went outside for a Jay, there was a designated area for smokers, i was due that same day to have an operation.
Whilst outside, i saw my anaesthetist, standing in the corner talking to one of my surgeons, my hubby (Ian) went over to them and asked if they had a light, they were both smoking a joint!

They were very embarassed and pleaded to my hubby not to say anything, Ian just turned to them and told them not to worry about it.

I thought to myself, what do i do? do i report them? then i thought again, if they were anything like me, usually when im stoned, my concentration is 100% and my work is a lot better. So i never said anything.. My op went very well, and my scarring is perfectly neat.

#138New Post! Dec 20, 2005 @ 14:05:20
Something i forgot to mention, later that evening, after my op.
Ian went to the toilets, he caught the anaesthetist again, this time he was taking Cocaine!

If i had known that before my operation, i think i would of definitely reported him.
seekurbliss On January 22, 2007

Memphis, Tennessee
#139New Post! Dec 20, 2005 @ 14:12:51
I would have to guess that there are lots of Doc's using coke... just like other professions.

#140New Post! Dec 20, 2005 @ 14:30:59
Ive never touched cocaine so i dont know the effects it has?
But Ian said he thinks a lot of Doctors use it to keep themselves awake, because of the long hours
seekurbliss On January 22, 2007

Memphis, Tennessee
#141New Post! Dec 20, 2005 @ 14:39:03
Probably true-
maybe they start using while in their training- i've had Residents & Interns at work tell me that while they're in school, they are up for practically days on end studying and working.

I tried it a couple times and didnt like it- whew! I'm so glad too!
hothang08 On January 04, 2008

Somewhere..., Wisconsin
#142New Post! Dec 20, 2005 @ 14:41:45
You know what? IDK! I mean, so people smoke it....why is it still illegal? lol. I think I'll just head down to Amsterdam and smoke a pound. jk lol.
~Julia~
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#143New Post! Dec 20, 2005 @ 14:59:48
I used to do coke and it turned me into a complete a*****e

It does that to you

Thank goodness i have some really good freinds who dragged me out of it
hothang08 On January 04, 2008

Somewhere..., Wisconsin
#144New Post! Dec 20, 2005 @ 15:01:20
I can't say that I've NEVER did coke or drugs..because I have. I'm not perfect lol. Well that's good that they got you off that s***.
~Julia~
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#145New Post! Dec 20, 2005 @ 15:06:04
Its one way or the other, i was lucky someone special reality slapped me otherwise i probably wouldnt have my kids, my job and my life anymore.
daddys_little_defect On April 10, 2007

stanwood, Washington
#146New Post! Dec 20, 2005 @ 18:07:41
Absolutely.. But I think under the same regulations and consequences of alcohol. For recreational enjoyment, there should be a minimum age to purchase and consequences for abusing it, ie.....if pulled over while driving and one is under the influence, then the same repercussions should be in place as are for driving while intoxicated.

I have witnessed a lot more altered states in the negative behaviour related to alcohol than I have ever seen with weed.

For those who are in need of a stronger medicinal grade, they should be able to get a prescription from their doctor, without the doctor having to face reprimands or possible loss of their license to practice medicine. Prescriptions could be filled at anyones regular pharmacy and be covered under prescription plans. There are a ton of much more lethal medicines prescribed every day by doctors, but because they fall under the regulated controlled substance laws of the FDA, the doctors can and do prescribe these medications.
becki7 On July 28, 2006

Australia
#147New Post! Dec 21, 2005 @ 12:42:09
@souperman Said
Why is marijuana still illegal does anybody know?

No I don't know but it bloody well should be I mean compared to stuff that is lethal and Cannabis is simply not lethal or harmful.It has not killed anyone and it has also been used for both medical and religion reasons.And there is no proof that it gives you mental problems "no it bloody well doesn't"I mean compared to bloody alcohol well how many you may have to get your stomach pumped out because you've poisioned yourself or worst still dead now I just don't get it.(No i'm not against alcohol because I have the occasional drink so it's not that.And the amount of Cannabis that you smoke (if your a hardcore) you wouldn't be living no more than five to ten years if you were a hardcore drinker so figure it out for yourselfs anyone that is against cannabis and if your not against it happy toking! 8)
cinnamin On April 18, 2008

houston, Texas
#148New Post! Dec 21, 2005 @ 14:46:21
@becki7 Said
No I don't know but it bloody well should be I mean compared to stuff that is lethal and Cannabis is simply not lethal or harmful.It has not killed anyone and it has also been used for both medical and religion reasons.And there is no proof that it gives you mental problems "no it bloody well doesn't"I mean compared to bloody alcohol well how many you may have to get your stomach pumped out because you've poisioned yourself or worst still dead now I just don't get it.(No i'm not against alcohol because I have the occasional drink so it's not that.And the amount of Cannabis that you smoke (if your a hardcore) you wouldn't be living no more than five to ten years if you were a hardcore drinker so figure it out for yourselfs anyone that is against cannabis and if your not against it happy toking! 8)

Yeah, like I said, unless you've smoked it though you don't understand.
becki7 On July 28, 2006

Australia
#149New Post! Dec 22, 2005 @ 11:57:23
@cinnamin Said
Yeah, like I said, unless you've smoked it though you don't understand.

What are you asking me that or is it a general comment? because let me say that I do enjoy the herbs and I would choose it over alcohol any day but like I said I am not against alcohol as long as you drink it in moderation.
kebab_boy On April 05, 2011

Bristol, United Kingdom
#150New Post! Dec 22, 2005 @ 18:36:47
Quote:
It's "bad cause it's illegal". What BS.

Then please tell me what you think the governments reasons are for making it illegal?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...8 9 10 11 12 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs