AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 · >>
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#16New Post! Oct 24, 2019 @ 16:43:02
@gakINGKONG Said

....higher mortality rates among LGTB.

Are we now talking about suicide? Not to worry, I know you won't answer.

I've noticed over the years that all humans die, regardless of their sexuality. The reasons why some die at a younger age than others vary.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#17New Post! Oct 24, 2019 @ 17:58:22
@gakINGKONG Said

Big picture question here comes on the benefits of blaming a corporate group like CFA (or their Christian supporters) for higher mortality rates among LGTB.

I don’t think there is causality.

Or maybe it was a typo

.... Higher MORALITY rates among LGBT
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#18New Post! Oct 24, 2019 @ 19:39:12
@mrmhead Said

Or maybe it was a typo

.... Higher MORALITY rates among LGBT

We shouldn't be disappointed in Chick-Fil-A (or any other Christians) for not supporting the LGTB community.

They should stick with their conscience and belief system on matters of "morality".

Like when they condemn the behavior of adulterers like Trump... it's just part of their religious-morals.

...oh... wait... they haven't said or done anything relative to adulterers nor about Trump's life of extramarital and adulterous life style...

Never mind... Chick-Fil-A and the christian right are a bunch of hypocrites.
Darkman666 On about 1 hour ago

Saint Louis, Missouri
#19New Post! Oct 24, 2019 @ 19:46:22
interesting that mcdonalds is one of the oldest restaurants in the usa and stores abroad other parts of the world. mcdonalds has family and moral principals and practices that heard if they have problems servicing gays or hiring them. why have we heard about it?

I don't how chick-fil-a restaurants has been around, I personally never been to one, I heard them last two years. if this company don't treat this way in the usa or other places in the world, they service.

it sound more local community and well as the company itself. if I was gay or a human being with open mind, not bigot. that was happen where I live, I wouldn't go any chick-fil-a restaurant ever.

NE, Ohio
#20New Post! Oct 24, 2019 @ 20:20:13
@chaski Said

We shouldn't be disappointed in Chick-Fil-A (or any other Christians) for not supporting the LGTB community.

They should stick with their conscience and belief system on matters of "morality".

Like when they condemn the behavior of adulterers like Trump... it's just part of their religious-morals.

...oh... wait... they haven't said or done anything relative to adulterers nor about Trump's life of extramarital and adulterous life style...

Never mind... Chick-Fil-A and the christian right are a bunch of hypocrites.

Not to mention their clergy "leadership" as they fiddle about. (more so specifically Catholics)
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#21New Post! Oct 24, 2019 @ 20:24:11
Though the problem with the groups that CFa are supporting are actively working to support anti homosexuality death penalty legislation in Uganda.
Slightly different than just increased suicide rates. or refusing to employ/serve LBGT+

I mean suicide rates are bad, but there are other communities and groups that have similar issues that might be better addressed in different ways.

And in several states is not illegal to fire someone for being gay. That is not the problem with chick-fil-a is the lobbying activities of the charities that they are strongly supportive of.

Similar to the Hobby Lobby problem, yes you can be LBGT+ or a woman and work for HL, but they as corporation have made legal and political strides to change/impact our rights. And then there is stealing artifacts and s***, but that doesn't get as much attention.

NE, Ohio
#22New Post! Oct 25, 2019 @ 01:01:01
@DiscordTiger Said

Though the problem with the groups that CFa are supporting are actively working to support anti homosexuality death penalty legislation in Uganda.
Slightly different than just increased suicide rates. or refusing to employ/serve LBGT+

I mean suicide rates are bad, but there are other communities and groups that have similar issues that might be better addressed in different ways.

And in several states is not illegal to fire someone for being gay. That is not the problem with chick-fil-a is the lobbying activities of the charities that they are strongly supportive of.

Similar to the Hobby Lobby problem, yes you can be LBGT+ or a woman and work for HL, but they as corporation have made legal and political strides to change/impact our rights. And then there is stealing artifacts and s***, but that doesn't get as much attention.

I remember reading about most of that stuff - CFa and HL, but some from potentially biased sources, so I reserved judgement.
(kind of like I want to start a thread about White Hats, but don't know where to start)
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#23New Post! Oct 25, 2019 @ 06:24:55
HL was my former “retail experience” I don’t have fond memories of that Christmas season.
I do think everyone should work in retail or food service at some point in their lives, though.
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#24New Post! Oct 25, 2019 @ 15:24:43
“Upon this grill I will cook my sandwich and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.”

— Truett Cathy Patron Saint of Chicken Sandwiches
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#25New Post! Oct 25, 2019 @ 15:41:09
@gakINGKONG Said

“Upon this grill I will cook my sandwich and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.”

— Truett Cathy Patron Saint of Chicken Sandwiches

So now a chicken sandwich is what gets you into heaven.

Brilliant.
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#26New Post! Oct 25, 2019 @ 16:28:16
@mrmhead Said

Are you saying anything less than death is insignificant?

If you’re asking about how the business model of CFA or how the personal statements and action of the Cathy affect culture, my opinion is that less could be worse.

Westboro Baptist is not First Baptist Jonesboro Ga ( the church home of the Cathy family.)

The Cathy family funds a couple projects to help at risk teens create a brighter future.

Also, recent changes made by politicians and activists in the US ( Gay Marriage) haven’t made changes in the suicide rates of self identified LG.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#27New Post! Oct 25, 2019 @ 16:52:44
@gakINGKONG Said

Also, recent changes made by politicians and activists in the US ( Gay Marriage) haven’t made changes in the suicide rates of self identified LG.

What is your point?

NE, Ohio
#28New Post! Oct 26, 2019 @ 02:39:56
But does CFA have This!?

Just

add

BACON!!!
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#29New Post! Oct 26, 2019 @ 02:53:50