Politics

Is Iran really a threat to Israel?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 ...7 8 9 · >>
politics On September 10, 2013

London`, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Feb 13, 2009 @ 02:43:35
I personally do not think that Iran is a threat, Iran has not said anything threatening to Israel only misconstrued by the Media to sound threatening. I'm not one for media bashing but this must be one of the biggest media f*** ups of 21st century.

I will let this video do the dirty work for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onNzrNEFs1E&feature=PlayList&p=181923B27C885CDF&index=0&playnext=1
kentoo On October 26, 2010

Salmon Arm, Canada
#2New Post! Feb 13, 2009 @ 03:24:59
@politics Said

I personally do not think that Iran is a threat, Iran has not said anything threatening to Israel only misconstrued by the Media to sound threatening. I'm not one for media bashing but this must be one of the biggest media f*** ups of 21st century.

I will let this video do the dirty work for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onNzrNEFs1E&feature=PlayList&p=181923B27C885CDF&index=0&playnext=1

I have mixed feelings about this because of the following.Perhaps they have changed their stance since.

https://www.iranfocus.com/en/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4164

London`, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Feb 13, 2009 @ 03:39:21
@kentoo Said

I have mixed feelings about this because of the following.Perhaps they have changed their stance since.

https://www.iranfocus.com/en/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4164

Well depends how you perceive the words Zionist regime and and occupying regime. I must say i agree with him and i consider my self moderate and him extreme. ( for other reasons)

"Our dear Imam ordered that the occupying regime in Al-Qods be wiped off the face of the earth. This was a very wise statement. The issue of Palestine is not one on which we could make a piecemeal compromise? This would mean our defeat. Anyone who would recognize this state [Israel"> has put his signature under the defeat of the Islamic world. "

The Israeli governments(regimes) who support the illegal occupation of Palestinian territory should be wiped of the map. I do not think that means that Israel should seize to exist , i think he makes it fairly clear that he believes such regimes should be wiped of the map. Just as America believed Saddam Husseins regime should be wiped of the map.

Salmon Arm, Canada
#4New Post! Feb 13, 2009 @ 03:44:41
@politics Said

Well depends how you perceive the words Zionist regime and and occupying regime. I must say i agree with him and i consider my self moderate and him extreme. ( for other reasons)

"Our dear Imam ordered that the occupying regime in Al-Qods be wiped off the face of the earth. This was a very wise statement. The issue of Palestine is not one on which we could make a piecemeal compromise? This would mean our defeat. Anyone who would recognize this state [Israel"> has put his signature under the defeat of the Islamic world. "

The Israeli governments(regimes) who support the illegal occupation of Palestinian territory should be wiped of the map. I do not think that means that Israel should seize to exist , i think he makes it fairly clear that he believes such regimes should be wiped of the map. Just as America believed Saddam Husseins regime should be wiped of the map.
If the Iranian stance is the same today as it was back in October 2005 when that statement was made, I would consider Iran a threat to Israel.
crazylikeafox On June 02, 2017

McKinney, Texas
#5New Post! Feb 13, 2009 @ 05:50:32
Iran funds Hezbollah and Hamas, so yes it is a threat to not only Israel, but the rest of the Middle East as well. However, whether or not it can do anything without worldwide opposition is a different matter all together.

London`, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Feb 13, 2009 @ 13:15:19
Just as America is a threat to the Palestinian people...?
allentx On June 11, 2009

Deleted

allen,
#7New Post! Feb 13, 2009 @ 17:46:32
Iran is not a threat to Israel. Sure they don't like Israel but then which Middle Eastern country actually does? And rightfully so, their like the bullies in the school yard and attack the ones they know can not defend themselves, but when the bigger badder kid wants to kick his a** they run to big brother (America)

Unfortunately, the US is making a HUGE mistake if they invade Iran. They did it to Iraq on their propaganda WMD crap, had poor Colin Powell take the fall for that mess, but I don't think even the Muslim world will tolerate another invasion.

London`, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Feb 13, 2009 @ 18:16:03
I think that it is important we understand what the Iranian president says in detail before we start cutting up his speeches and repeating them in sound bites on loop.
crazylikeafox On June 02, 2017

McKinney, Texas
#9New Post! Feb 13, 2009 @ 21:13:02
@allentx Said

Unfortunately, the US is making a HUGE mistake if they invade Iran. They did it to Iraq on their propaganda WMD crap, had poor Colin Powell take the fall for that mess, but I don't think even the Muslim world will tolerate another invasion.

We have no need to invade Iran anyways. They've been on the edge of revolution for a while now. It's very possible their government will topple without any help from us.
utouchedmymotherboard On December 27, 2009

manhattan, New York
#10New Post! Feb 14, 2009 @ 01:01:48
u dont think they are a threat???????? okay, okay....how about you take a trip down to Ramadiyah and go take a walk around with a shirt that says "i dont think iran is a threat"....we will see how fast you change your mind you stupid idiot
bybee On March 11, 2009

Deleted

watertown, Minnesota
#11New Post! Feb 14, 2009 @ 01:07:58
@allentx Said

Iran is not a threat to Israel. Sure they don't like Israel but then which Middle Eastern country actually does? And rightfully so, their like the bullies in the school yard and attack the ones they know can not defend themselves, but when the bigger badder kid wants to kick his a** they run to big brother (America)

You need to go back and read the history of the state of Israel since it's inception. Israel did not start anything. Under tremendous disadvantage they responded to attacks by their surrounding neighbors and they won. Your statements are very insulting to America. If you have so little respect for this country, why are you here? bybee
KrazyKatz On April 09, 2009

On the road again., California
#12New Post! Feb 14, 2009 @ 01:10:34
8) Well, maybe this is a bit off subject.

But it was *Israel* that attacked the U.S.S. Liberty, while it was flying about a 12 foot U.S.Flag, killed lots of U.S. sailors and almost sunk it.

Hmmmmmm Snoopy
"We have met the enemy, and he is us"
lilbear On January 18, 2010
Aequitas / Veritas!

Deleted

, Canada
#13New Post! Feb 14, 2009 @ 01:14:05
What's with all the Israel Haters?? And now America, which Country will be next I wonder??

Edited:

Salmon Arm, Canada
#14New Post! Feb 14, 2009 @ 01:48:04
@KrazyKatz Said

8) Well, maybe this is a bit off subject.

But it was *Israel* that attacked the U.S.S. Liberty, while it was flying about a 12 foot U.S.Flag, killed lots of U.S. sailors and almost sunk it.

Hmmmmmm Snoopy
"We have met the enemy, and he is us"
It seems that they apologized for that, saying it was an accident. However the Iranians didn't apologize for the silkworm that struck the Sungari about twenty years later....Nor did they apologize for the attack on the Israeli ship Hanit in 2006. Then again the Americans did not apologize for the Vincennes shooting down the Iranian airliner that strayed into the war zone in 1988. In short it seems that no one is an innocent in this except perhaps the citizens of Palestine who need a voice that the global community will listen to and respect.
bybee On March 11, 2009

Deleted

watertown, Minnesota
#15New Post! Feb 14, 2009 @ 02:05:30
@kentoo Said

It seems that they apologized for that, saying it was an accident. However the Iranians didn't apologize for the silkworm that struck the Sungari about twenty years later....Nor did they apologize for the attack on the Israeli ship Hanit in 2006. Then again the Americans did not apologize for the Vincennes shooting down the Iranian airliner that strayed into the war zone in 1988. In short it seems that no one is an innocent in this except perhaps the citizens of Palestine who need a voice that the global community will listen to and respect.

Perhaps thePalestinian people need a voice that they will listen to and respect. Their plight is tragic. Hamas compounds the tragedy. Men who will not listen to reason, who will not negotiate in good faith compound the tragedy for all. bybee
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 ...7 8 9 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs