Iran going ahead with nuclear program

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
El_Tino On October 12, 2023
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#1New Post! Aug 03, 2005 @ 21:46:58
Quote:
The U.N. nuclear watchdog Wednesday urged Iran not to resume uranium conversion until the agency can set up a system to monitor the activity, which can be used for a nuclear program.

https://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlatest/story/0,1280,-5187976,00.html

discuss.
intoxsickated On October 21, 2006

Deleted

Suburbia Hell, California
#2New Post! Aug 03, 2005 @ 23:27:52
they'll probably blow themselves up!
mosteverything On June 19, 2009

basically LA, California
#3New Post! Aug 04, 2005 @ 10:57:48
Why is it that the world's most powerful nations, such as America for example, feel that they posses the inalienable right to nuclear technology and weapons, but have a hissy fit at the mere mention of another country developing their own? This is all aside from the fact that Iran has publicly stated that they only wish to produce electricity.

And why is it that while they are able to emulate the same technology, it is assumed that they are ignorant and irresponsible and could not possibly be capable of managing it with the same competency?

I don't agree with nuclear defense by any nation (especially the US given numerous recent abuses of power), but I also do not agree with this "I can, but you can't" attitude that's been abundant lately either. It's bulls***. Nuclear weapons are dangerous, unnecessary and they do not beget any positive or beneficial circumstances. The US has over ten thousand “declared” nuclear weapons, and is the only country to have ever used them against another nation in war. That's bothersome. Why don't we worry about ending the threat of nuclear devastation through those already capable of it before worrying about stopping a country that is still far from being an equivalent risk?
shaggyjebus On August 26, 2008

Deleted

Goodlettsville, Tennessee
#4New Post! Aug 04, 2005 @ 11:14:22
Here here, mosteverything! I agree whole-heartedly! I have thought about those things for years . . . uhh, we all might as well get rid of all the bombs or none of them though. One would be more than enough to mess up this world indefinitely.
mosteverything On June 19, 2009

basically LA, California
#5New Post! Aug 04, 2005 @ 11:46:13
Thanks

I just don't understand where all of this blind arrogance comes from. It's so archaic.
shaggyjebus On August 26, 2008

Deleted

Goodlettsville, Tennessee
#6New Post! Aug 04, 2005 @ 11:48:50
Yeah, it is . . . just a want to "be the best." Americans are told that the US is best all the time. Children grow up hearing it and believeing it.
becki7 On July 28, 2006

Australia
#7New Post! Aug 08, 2005 @ 13:36:01
Quite frankly what is new.As long as they are doing everything the yanks say well it's all ok! Well it really it is hypocritical to say the least!
bendover On November 25, 2007

Deleted

Muff, Ireland
#8New Post! Jan 13, 2006 @ 19:28:13
I see the Iran situation is accelerating with the world Superpower flecking their muscle again.

At the monent dipolamcy is the tool they are using to ty and "encourage" the Iranians not to develope the sort of technology the "superpowers" find no difficulty in threatening other smaller countries with.

It really is sickening to see that hypocrit Bush preaching to day that one one Iran's goals is the destruction of Israel. That's good enough reason to stop the Iranians developing their own nuclear industry. Well how many countries does the USA disagree with and want to destroy.

That wee island not far from her shores has been bullied and thretened by the USA. Right I'll get the Presdient of Ireland to ask Mr Bush to dismantle your nuclear industry.

Two chances. Sorry about the rant.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs