Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
Kristy69 On September 14, 2014
Carly's Mommy

Underneath the Cyanide Sun....
#1New Post! Nov 04, 2009 @ 23:01:47
of:

"I'm gonna do it. I'll message Eric right now and ask what he's doing on Friday and see if he wants to chill again."

then as soon as I get to his Facebook page:

"Oh God, but what if I look like I'm obsessive/crazy/psycho/desperate. And what if I'm getting on his nerves? And what if he's really not all that interested and these past 3 dates are all pity dates?"

and then:

"But no, we made out. He likes me. He hold me and cuddles me. And he gave my his hoodie when I was cold."

and then:

"But what is he thinks I'm fat?! He hasn't asked me to be his gf yet, is it cuz I wear my hair the same every time I see him?!"

IS THIS EVER GOING TO END?!
f*** man love is like a slushie.
Wonderful at first and you're like: "Mmm I'm glad I did this, this is great." and then a few minutes later: "Oww ow ow! What was I thinking?!"

Idk what to do.
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Nov 04, 2009 @ 23:06:22
It may be the cause of a lot of stress but I suppose it's worth it.

Just go for it but obviously don't be too OTT about it, he obviously likes you from the sounds of it so it doesn't sound like he will be discouraged by you sending him a message.

Obviously all boys are not the same but most guys I know, as nice as they are, wouldn't go on 3 dates out of pity, so stop worrying.
Lili On July 12, 2019

Sunshine Land,
#3New Post! Nov 04, 2009 @ 23:18:12
The 3 dates, were you the one asking him, or him asking you?
Carly's Mommy

#4New Post! Nov 04, 2009 @ 23:21:31
@Lili Said

The 3 dates, were you the one asking him, or him asking you?

The 1st date, I asked him to join Brit and I @ the mall.

The 2nd date, I asked him, but him and Dan were a no-show, but the next day he IMed me and said:
"I really want to make it up to you." and we went out that day.

The 3rd date, our first date all alone, I asked him out and we had a good time.
I think.
No I'm starting to think I talked too much and that he doesn't like how I wear my hair the same all the time.

But yeah, I guess it was I doing the asking everytime.
Lili On July 12, 2019

Sunshine Land,
#5New Post! Nov 04, 2009 @ 23:29:32
@Kristy69 Said

The 1st date, I asked him to join Brit and I @ the mall.

The 2nd date, I asked him, but him and Dan were a no-show, but the next day he IMed me and said:
"I really want to make it up to you." and we went out that day.

The 3rd date, our first date all alone, I asked him out and we had a good time.
I think.
No I'm starting to think I talked too much and that he doesn't like how I wear my hair the same all the time.

But yeah, I guess it was I doing the asking everytime.

guys don't care about hairstyles like girls do. As long as you look like you take care of yourself, it really doesn't matter. So I'd let that one go right now. As for the dates, it does seems that you've been more of the pursuer. Now that you've been on a few dates, why not give him a chance to ask you out? I'm not suggesting "hard to get" games or anything, but just make sure there's a balance. Some guys will "let" a girl take them out, even if they don't really care that much. So him asking you out shows he's putting equal effort it as well. I say this because you deserve to be with someone who really wants to spend time with you and is willing to put some effort into it, not someone who takes your presence for granted.
Electric_Banana On April 24, 2024

, New Zealand
#6New Post! Nov 04, 2009 @ 23:29:58
@Kristy69 Said

of:

"I'm gonna do it. I'll message Eric right now and ask what he's doing on Friday and see if he wants to chill again."

then as soon as I get to his Facebook page:

"Oh God, but what if I look like I'm obsessive/crazy/psycho/desperate. And what if I'm getting on his nerves? And what if he's really not all that interested and these past 3 dates are all pity dates?"

and then:

"But no, we made out. He likes me. He hold me and cuddles me. And he gave my his hoodie when I was cold."

and then:

"But what is he thinks I'm fat?! He hasn't asked me to be his gf yet, is it cuz I wear my hair the same every time I see him?!"

IS THIS EVER GOING TO END?!
f*** man love is like a slushie.
Wonderful at first and you're like: "Mmm I'm glad I did this, this is great." and then a few minutes later: "Oww ow ow! What was I thinking?!"

Idk what to do.

Trust me, you look absolutely nothing like me.

And showing initiate and interest will serve to endear him more. =)
Carly's Mommy

#7New Post! Nov 04, 2009 @ 23:34:48
@Lili Said

guys don't care about hairstyles like girls do. As long as you look like you take care of yourself, it really doesn't matter. So I'd let that one go right now. As for the dates, it does seems that you've been more of the pursuer. Now that you've been on a few dates, why not give him a chance to ask you out? I'm not suggesting "hard to get" games or anything, but just make sure there's a balance. Some guys will "let" a girl take them out, even if they don't really care that much. So him asking you out shows he's putting equal effort it as well. I say this because you deserve to be with someone who really wants to spend time with you and is willing to put some effort into it, not someone who takes your presence for granted.

You know what? You're right. This Friday I'll let him contact me on Facebook. We always talk on Facebook Chat on Fridays after I get home. Maybe he'll ask what I'm doing.

...and if he doesn't... Then I'll be a sad 16 year old.
Lili On July 12, 2019

Sunshine Land,
#8New Post! Nov 04, 2009 @ 23:45:31
@Kristy69 Said

You know what? You're right. This Friday I'll let him contact me on Facebook. We always talk on Facebook Chat on Fridays after I get home. Maybe he'll ask what I'm doing.

...and if he doesn't... Then I'll be a sad 16 year old.

Well, let's say worse case scenario, he never asks you out. Then you'll know that he was just letting you take him out and make out with him and everything without even actually caring all that much, and a guy who does that is a jerk. I'd rather find out a guy is a jerk early on than find out months later when you've *really* invested your heart in him, ya know?

So give him a chance to show you he isn't that jerk, and if he doesn't, then you'll know.
That's not to say it's a now or never proposition either. Maybe it'll be Saturday or Wednesday, but the point is, he needs to show some initiative on his end.

Have you read that book called "He's just not that into you"? I really recommend you read it, it talks about exact this kind of situation, the self doubts, the analyzing, etc, and explains the way guys actually think vs how girls/women imagine that they do. It'll save you years and years of anxiety and stress.
roBingoodfElLOW On January 06, 2010
Baldylocks

Deleted

Over yonder, Tajikistan
#9New Post! Nov 04, 2009 @ 23:46:20
Forget boys! Leave it till you 25 or 30, enjoy life without the unessisary s*** that relationships bring.
Carly's Mommy

#10New Post! Nov 04, 2009 @ 23:53:44
@Lili Said

Well, let's say worse case scenario, he never asks you out. Then you'll know that he was just letting you take him out and make out with him and everything without even actually caring all that much, and a guy who does that is a jerk. I'd rather find out a guy is a jerk early on than find out months later when you've *really* invested your heart in him, ya know?

So give him a chance to show you he isn't that jerk, and if he doesn't, then you'll know.
That's not to say it's a now or never proposition either. Maybe it'll be Saturday or Wednesday, but the point is, he needs to show some initiative on his end.

Have you read that book called "He's just not that into you"? I really recommend you read it, it talks about exact this kind of situation, the self doubts, the analyzing, etc, and explains the way guys actually think vs how girls/women imagine that they do. It'll save you years and years of anxiety and stress.

You're right.
That's not to say I still won't IM him (if he's online) just to say "hi", you know? But I'm not going to be like:
"Sooo... are you free tonight?"

And I actually really want to read that. Do you know who it's by?

@roBingoodfElLOW Said

Forget boys! Leave it till you 25 or 30, enjoy life without the unessisary s*** that relationships bring.

Bu..., after this weird/awkward stage, it's all wonderful.

Better to love and lose then never love at all.
Lili On July 12, 2019

Sunshine Land,
#11New Post! Nov 04, 2009 @ 23:53:49
@roBingoodfElLOW Said

I can definitely agree with that!. Man, when I look back on all the grief those stupid boys put me through...and for what? I'm kinda over relationships in general. It seems like people just want to control eachother all the time, tell them how and who to be, it's dumb. Why can't people just accept one another for how they are?
roBingoodfElLOW On January 06, 2010
Baldylocks

Deleted

Over yonder, Tajikistan
#12New Post! Nov 04, 2009 @ 23:55:23
@Kristy69 Said

Bu..., after this weird/awkward stage, it's all wonderful.

Better to love and lose then never love at all.

If youve never loved youd never know what youd missed i say. Much better boat to be in.
Carly's Mommy

#13New Post! Nov 04, 2009 @ 23:56:19
@Lili Said

I can definitely agree with that!. Man, when I look back on all the grief those stupid boys put me through...and for what? I'm kinda over relationships in general. It seems like people just want to control eachother all the time, tell them how and who to be, it's dumb. Why can't people just accept one another for how they are?

I think I accept people for who they are. A lot of my friends do a lot of stuff I don't agree with (including Eric) but they're good people and I don't feel like they should change.

I mean, should they stop smoking? Yeah.. but will I force them? No.
Carly's Mommy

#14New Post! Nov 04, 2009 @ 23:57:08
@roBingoodfElLOW Said

If youve never loved youd never know what youd missed i say. Much better boat to be in.

If you get hurt, you get over it. You can't take one horrible experience and put it with all the other potential ones.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#15New Post! Nov 04, 2009 @ 23:57:47
@Kristy69 Said

And I actually really want to read that. Do you know who it's by?

He's Just Not That Into You: The No-Excuses Truth to Understanding Guys By: Greg Behrendt and Liz Tuccillo
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs