Gordon Brown - World Statesman of the Year

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Sep 23, 2009 @ 08:16:23
https://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5huUL68_ciS3e3yxtJxFuW2XQgydQ

Before a motley audience of international notables, the Prime Minister, who is in New York for the United Nations General Assembly, was named World Statesman of the Year.

The award was presented on behalf of the Appeal of Conscience Foundation - which campaigns for religious freedom and human rights - by the veteran US former secretary of state Henry Kissinger.
markfox01 On October 23, 2021
innit!

Welshman in Brum.., United Kin
#2New Post! Sep 23, 2009 @ 08:46:53
bet a large amount o money the people presenting said award isn't British and don't live i the mess he is making..
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Sep 23, 2009 @ 09:26:15
I still would shag him.
spadge On February 18, 2010
Aging Disgracefully

Deleted

Santa Land, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Sep 23, 2009 @ 09:39:20
Pillock of the year more likely.
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

#5New Post! Sep 23, 2009 @ 10:46:51
@treebee Said

I still would shag him.

Still having those dreams?

@spadge Said

Pillock of the year more likely.

What makes you say that? I have to say I'm quite pleased with how Gordon Brown has handled the leadership of the country. I do find it somewhat ironic that Henry Kissinger of all people is handing out an award for statesmanship.

sorry if that was an incorrect use of the word 'ironic', I'm trying to work out if it is ironic or not
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Sep 23, 2009 @ 10:50:51
@jmo Said

Still having those dreams?

not recently
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Sep 23, 2009 @ 11:55:53
Btw, I actually think he was right to stick by the attourney general.

People are screaming that its a hypocrisy but any decent person would do the same for a mate.
Chrill On August 01, 2022
Gesundheit

Järfälla, Sweden
#8New Post! Sep 23, 2009 @ 12:02:33
From what I've heard in media reports, Gordon Brown is the country leader in Europe that has handled the economic crash best of all, as well as the one to react the quickest. Swedish economy suffered heavily, even I myself have experienced this crash severely.
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

#9New Post! Sep 23, 2009 @ 12:04:44
@chrill Said

From what I've heard in media reports, Gordon Brown is the country leader in Europe that has handled the economic crash best of all, as well as the one to react the quickest. Swedish economy suffered heavily, even I myself have experienced this crash severely.

It's a bit strange that the UK seems to be the one country who's media doesn't think that.
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#10New Post! Sep 23, 2009 @ 12:05:37
Kinda werid where Obama is being slated so badly in the US yet in Europe we LOVE him.

Brown is being loved by the rest of the world but in the UK we do nothing but complain and b**** about him

I have an idea for a new TV show - world leader swap.
plebian_angel On April 25, 2012
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#11New Post! Sep 23, 2009 @ 12:07:06
@treebee Said

Kinda werid where Obama is being slated so badly in the US yet in Europe we LOVE him.

Brown is being loved by the rest of the world but in the UK we do nothing but complain and b**** about him

I have an idea for a new TV show - world leader swap.

That would be an interesting show
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Sep 23, 2009 @ 12:08:52
I have been coming up with some of my own policies.

If i was PM i would ride around in a horse drawn carraige with the grim reaper on the back.

I would have the entire conservative party beheaded.

I would have the catholic church beaten up and disbanded.

I would do it all in one night so that nobody knows what is happening and by the time they do it would be too late.

I also would like a pair of goldfish platforms and a pimp stick.
sheepy On March 23, 2010

Deleted

Treasure Island, United Kingdo
#13New Post! Sep 23, 2009 @ 13:27:44
Runner up was Robert Mugabe?

You got to almost feel sorry for Brown. Make no mistake though, he could have done a lot more to avoid the affects of the recession.......the only question is - would the opposition have done the same? Course, isn't hindsight wonderful - especially when you don't have to make the decisons (And in the case of a bunch of "no hope of ever making government" d***heads having their annual conference right now, they can promise free beer and sex with Julia Roberts if they want to - knowing they will never have to deliver)

Funny isn't it though - Brown says it's a world recession, and "it isn't my recession", but you don't hear him saying "It's a world green shoots of recovery, it isn't my green shoots of recovery".

Shoots? The only thing which needs shoots of a different sort are politicians
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

#14New Post! Sep 23, 2009 @ 14:37:45
Personally I congratulate Brown on a job well done and I hope he can continue to prosper and the English don't let the Tories back in.

Not to sound racist or anything, and I know this is purely anecdotal but I did find it interesting that the only people that said they intended to vote Tory in my politics seminar were the only people in the seminar who were English.

Could be interesting to see Vince Cable using Council Tax to tax houses worth over a Million more money whilst abolishing Council Tax. For that simple reason I'd be quite happy to see a Lib Dem government.
buffalobill90 On July 12, 2013