Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#1New Post! Jul 06, 2015 @ 03:49:14
Long- but good. Looks at both Dems & Pubs. A short piece of it here:

Democrats’ resistance to open debate is jaw dropping. You’d think they’d have learned from their experience with Obama. When he disappointed them early on, they held their tongues. Looking back, do they still think their silence did him any favors? Most think their mute loyalty to Hillary is helping now, but it isn’t. Her strategy is clear. Like Obama in 2008, she hopes to break big-dollar fundraising records while giving speeches laced with populist metaphors. On national security she’ll run to Obama’s right, where she thinks it safest for the country and herself. She’s a liberal on social issues and for once it may help.

The two issues that matter most to voters are the twin slow motion collapses of our democracy and our middle class. On both Clinton will do as she always does: preach the glories of growth and technology while nodding to political reform. The TPP vote showed us once again that she, Obama and most elite Dems march in lockstep with global capital, which runs on corruption. It’s the wrong strategy for her and us — but absent a real contest and an open debate, just try moving her off it.

It was an amazing week. America shed bigotry even while mourning its victims. We saw a glimpse of a possible new politics. The country and the Court said loud racism and homophobia are no longer traditional or Christian values. A Republican Party that trafficked in bigotry and looked suddenly cornered. Many of its most easily identified leaders—Scalia, Trump, Cruz, Huckabee, Walker, Santorum, the list goes on—acting like infants, gave the lie to the whole enterprise. Still picking fights with their chosen cast of villains– terrorists, immigrants, gays, liberals, Obama—they saw the list of their foes suddenly lengthen to include Walmart, Univision, NBC, the Pope, the Supreme Court, the Constitution, the union and the rule of law. It was the future itself and it was circling them like a shark.

Perhaps most unexpectedly, the week brought the coming elections into focus by exposing the choice toward which we drift: between GOP supply side economics and xenophobia and the Democrats’ neoliberal economics, pay to play politics and social liberalism. There’s no question which is the better choice, but neither one will save us. With our environment, our democracy and our middle class all at their tipping points, we need something better. The most amazing thing about this week was that it reminded us of how to get it. The heroes of Emanuel church and the same-sex marriage movement know. So did Frederick Douglass: “If there is no struggle there is no progress.” We can choose progress, but never quietly.
Bill Curry
The GOP's pathetic crybaby agenda: Trump, Scalia & the face of the whiny, paranoid new face of the right.
JTFSCOTT On November 30, 2015

Banned

Columbus,
#2New Post! Jul 06, 2015 @ 16:09:17
@shinobinoz Said

It was an amazing week. America shed bigotry even while mourning its victims. We saw a glimpse of a possible new politics. The country and the Court said loud racism and homophobia are no longer traditional or Christian values.

Something tells me America isn't finished flogging itself on either.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#3New Post! Jul 06, 2015 @ 23:57:04
@JTFSCOTT Said

Something tells me America isn't finished flogging itself on either.

How so?

Banned

Columbus,
#4New Post! Jul 08, 2015 @ 00:59:57
@shinobinoz Said

How so?

According to the top:

"The country and the Court said loud racism and homophobia are no longer traditional or Christian values"

--and yet I can't see those two fiery-arrows smoldering anytime soon. Both are powerful weapons and much is still to be destroyed.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#5New Post! Jul 08, 2015 @ 02:00:13
@JTFSCOTT Said

According to the top:

"The country and the Court said loud racism and homophobia are no longer traditional or Christian values"

--and yet I can't see those two fiery-arrows smoldering anytime soon. Both are powerful weapons and much is still to be destroyed.

I don't think that is saying it is gone. Only quieter & no longer mainstream values for most christians?
Good thing no?
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#6New Post! Aug 03, 2015 @ 21:58:36
Getting wacko out there. This would be funny if it was not so serious for our country.
Ted Cruz's recipe for the primaries: machine gun bacon
https://news.yahoo.com/ted-cruzs-recipe-primaries-machine-gun-bacon-171933310.html
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#7New Post! Aug 03, 2015 @ 22:01:48
Republican Presidential Candidates Will Do Just About Anything For Attention
Forget substance, it's all about putting on a show.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/republican-presidential-candidates-attention_55b650f9e4b0a13f9d19170e
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#8New Post! Aug 04, 2015 @ 01:03:20
@JTFSCOTT Said

" racism and homophobia are no longer traditional or Christian values"

Do we need anyone to tell us that these ( ) are not Christian values?

...that they are not legitimate values in any society?
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#9New Post! Aug 04, 2015 @ 03:26:13
@chaski Said

Sadly, YES! Many of the GOP presidential candidates.

Banned

Columbus,
#10New Post! Aug 04, 2015 @ 12:29:11
@chaski Said

I would agree:

that they are not legitimate values in any society
that they are not legitimate values
that they are not legitimate
that they are not
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#11New Post! Aug 04, 2015 @ 13:58:59
@JTFSCOTT Said

I would agree:

that they are not

Then I think that we can also agree that racism and homophobia are "no longer" Christian values".

Banned

Columbus,
#12New Post! Aug 04, 2015 @ 19:32:23
@chaski Said

Then I think that we can also agree that racism and homophobia are "no longer" Christian values".

I need more context.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#13New Post! Aug 04, 2015 @ 19:44:17
@JTFSCOTT Said

I need more context.

Why?

Do you in any way find "racism" to be a Christian value?

Do you in any way find the fear of homosexuals to be a Christian value?

Notice I am not asking if you necessarily must like or love those of another race, nor am I asking if you necessarily must like or love homosexuals.

My question is specific to Christian values? What more context do you need?
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#14New Post! Aug 04, 2015 @ 23:07:44
@JTFSCOTT Said

I would agree:

that they are not
that they are
that they
that

Whay are you saying?

Banned

Columbus,
#15New Post! Aug 05, 2015 @ 11:59:34
@chaski Said

Why?

Do you in any way find "racism" to be a Christian value?

Do you in any way find the fear of homosexuals to be a Christian value?

Notice I am not asking if you necessarily must like or love those of another race, nor am I asking if you necessarily must like or love homosexuals.

My question is specific to Christian values? What more context do you need?

I assume that Christianity pre-dates racism and homophobia. This would mean that, at least in history, a certain group of Christians wouldn't be confronted with either obstacle.

Perhaps if they wait long enough, they wont' be confronted with either obstacle.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs