2015 & beyond.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#1New Post! Oct 19, 2014 @ 15:17:39
Very very interesting look at things shaping up in red state Kansas!
Election: What’s With Kansas? Native Vote Could Provide An Answer

To give you an idea about why it’s even a question you have to look back at the year 2012. Mitt Romney trounced Barack Obama earning 60 percent of the vote. The Republican challenger won every county except Douglas, home to Lawrence, the University of Kansas and Haskell Indian Nations University.

In 2012 — and until a couple of weeks ago, in 2014 — you could look at any political map and Kansas would not be a “focus” state because it was close to a sure thing for Republicans. But the easy re-election of Senator Pat Roberts and Governor Sam Brownback hasn’t followed the script.

Read more at https://indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com/2014/10/17/election-whats-kansas-native-vote-could-provide-answer-157395
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#2New Post! Oct 19, 2014 @ 15:21:25
In South Dakota:
It’s suddenly raining money in the South Dakota election for the U.S. Senate that Republicans thought they had in the bag. Democrats had also assumed that the seat being vacated by Tim Johnson would go Republican and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid pretty well closed the establishment money faucet on Democratic nominee Rick Weiland when Reid’s candidate, Stephanie Herseth Sandlin, did not get the nomination.
Read more at https://indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com/2014/10/13/national-eyes-south-dakota-157326
crazylikeafox On June 02, 2017

McKinney, Texas
#3New Post! Oct 22, 2014 @ 01:42:10
All just further proves there really isn't such a thing as "Red States" and "Blue States". If Kansas could go blue, then surely Mass and New York could go red.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#4New Post! Oct 22, 2014 @ 02:32:01
@crazylikeafox Said

All just further proves there really isn't such a thing as "Red States" and "Blue States". If Kansas could go blue, then surely Mass and New York could go red.

Well, there are red & blue states. Purple states are the ones that will turn quickly. The others will take quite some time for it to happen.
PTF On April 24, 2017

Banned

Indiana,
#5New Post! Oct 22, 2014 @ 20:47:35
Bottom line the Republicans will prevail.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#6New Post! Oct 22, 2014 @ 23:54:31
@PTF Said

Their time is limited. They will soon be overcome by the majority of minorities, women & the youth.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#7New Post! Oct 23, 2014 @ 01:01:00
Red State, Blue State ... it doesn't matter.
It how Ohio goes!

And there are little rumblings of a run by Kasich in '16.
Since he's in the seat as the pendulum swings back up, he's looking good!

McKinney, Texas
#8New Post! Oct 23, 2014 @ 01:20:18
@shinobinoz Said

Their time is limited. They will soon be overcome by the majority of minorities, women & the youth.

Who won't be lockstep Democrats forever. Heck, women are already pretty evenly split. It's why Democrats are trying very hard to make abortion THE issue this year (at least, here in Colorado with Udall. Of course, that's clearly not working). No, what's really limited is the ability to run and win on personality alone. The parties are going to have to run on issues, and they've avoided that for so long I'm not convinced they know how to anymore.

McKinney, Texas
#9New Post! Oct 23, 2014 @ 01:23:27
@mrmhead Said

Red State, Blue State ... it doesn't matter.
It how Ohio goes!

And there are little rumblings of a run by Kasich in '16.
Since he's in the seat as the pendulum swings back up, he's looking good!

Does that mean we can direct all political ads towards your state? Oh please tell me we can direct them all to your state. I'd rather not be reminded every 2 years that all politicians are sleazy idiots who'll stoop to any level to get what they want.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#10New Post! Oct 23, 2014 @ 01:52:36
@crazylikeafox Said

Who won't be lockstep Democrats forever. Heck, women are already pretty evenly split. It's why Democrats are trying very hard to make abortion THE issue this year (at least, here in Colorado with Udall. Of course, that's clearly not working). No, what's really limited is the ability to run and win on personality alone. The parties are going to have to run on issues, and they've avoided that for so long I'm not convinced they know how to anymore.

Women have always been pretty much split between the parties. They will not be in power for very long if they remain the white party.

McKinney, Texas
#11New Post! Oct 23, 2014 @ 03:59:51
@shinobinoz Said

Women have always been pretty much split between the parties. They will not be in power for very long if they remain the white party.

Well it's very debatable if you can call them "the white party" in the 1st place, but what I said still stands. Minorities won't stay Democratic strongholds forever. It WILL change sooner or later.
GreenAppleKing On April 23, 2015

Deleted

, United States (general)
#12New Post! Oct 23, 2014 @ 13:48:45
@PTF Said

At what?

I can guess that it might be a little easier for a unified legislature to send bills to the desk of POTUS for him to veto.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#13New Post! Oct 24, 2014 @ 01:30:12
@crazylikeafox Said

Well it's very debatable if you can call them "the white party" in the 1st place, but what I said still stands. Minorities won't stay Democratic strongholds forever. It WILL change sooner or later.

Debatable? Not really.

It MIGHT change sooner than later- but I'm thinking later. Much later given the repubs obstructionism.

McKinney, Texas
#14New Post! Oct 24, 2014 @ 05:10:40
@shinobinoz Said

Debatable? Not really.

It MIGHT change sooner than later- but I'm thinking later.

That's the breakdown of the parties though. Doesn't seem that useful to me. How does it help to know 1% of Asians are Republican and 2% are Democrats if that really means there's 5 more Asian Democrats than Republicans (numbers pulled completely out of the air of course, but you get my point nonetheless)? What's really useful would be to see the breakdown of the races themselves. For example, not what percent of Republicans and Democrats are Hispanic, but what percent of Hispanics are Republicans and Democrats?
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#15New Post! Oct 25, 2014 @ 03:09:39
Here ya go!
Race and Party Affiliation

As has been the case since 2008, a plurality of whites (38%) identify as independents. Among the remainder, more call themselves Republicans (32%) than Democrats (26%). Four years ago, party identification among whites was more evenly divided: 33% were independents, 30% Democrats and 31% Republicans.

African Americans continue to overwhelmingly align with the Democratic Party (69%). But blacks’ identification as Democrats has declined since the mid-1980s; in 1984, nearly eight-in-ten African Americans (78%) said they were Democrats.

By contrast, only about a third of Hispanics (32%) identify as Democrats while nearly half (46%) say they are independents; just 11% of Hispanics identify with the GOP. More than twice as many Hispanics either identify as Democrats or lean toward the Democratic Party as identify with the GOP or lean Republican (57% vs. 24%).

https://www.people-press.org/2012/06/04/section-9-trends-in-party-affiliation/
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs