Yes
No
Never tried one
View Results
Silver_Lining On March 21, 2023
RIP Boobie

STOKE-ON-TRENT, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Jun 19, 2014 @ 20:38:34
So, I've been thinking about getting an electric toothbrush but I'm not sure if they're really that much better than a normal toothbrush. I only know one person who has one and he swears by them

So, are they worth buying?
someone_else_again On May 20, 2021
Really. Not a dude.

, Washington
#2New Post! Jun 19, 2014 @ 20:44:27
I'm sure electric toothbrushes have come a long way since the last time I used one. I also imagine, given the range of cost that I've seen, that some are better than others.

I bought one for my daughter that only cost $5. That's not a lot if you decide you don't like it. If you're going to actually spend a good sum of money on it, I would lookinto a sonic toothbrush.

Unless, of course, that's what you mean. Then I'd have to change my answer to "I've never tried one but I'd like to."
RIP Boobie

#3New Post! Jun 19, 2014 @ 20:49:08
@someone_else_again Said

I'm sure electric toothbrushes have come a long way since the last time I used one. I also imagine, given the range of cost that I've seen, that some are better than others.

I bought one for my daughter that only cost $5. That's not a lot if you decide you don't like it. If you're going to actually spend a good sum of money on it, I would lookinto a sonic toothbrush.

Unless, of course, that's what you mean. Then I'd have to change my answer to "I've never tried one but I'd like to."

I was thinking something like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Oral-B-Professional-Rechargeable-Toothbrush-Packaging/dp/B0029Z9XOS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1403210911&sr=8-1&keywords=electric+toothbrush

It's not hugely expensive, it's my birthday next month so I was thinking of asking for one from a friend.
someone_else_again On May 20, 2021
Really. Not a dude.

, Washington
#4New Post! Jun 19, 2014 @ 21:11:09
@Silver_Lining Said

I was thinking something like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Oral-B-Professional-Rechargeable-Toothbrush-Packaging/dp/B0029Z9XOS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1403210911&sr=8-1&keywords=electric+toothbrush

It's not hugely expensive, it's my birthday next month so I was thinking of asking for one from a friend.

Oh wow. That's definitely an upgrade from the last time I used one. I was peeking at the chart at the different models. I'm amazed to see that they have whitening abilities too.

This is the kind of thing I was thinking of https://www.walmart.com/ip/Philips-Sonicare-Essence-e5300-Sonic-Power-Toothbrush-HX5351-46/9876007 but the description isn't much different from yours.

I'd say go for it.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#5New Post! Jun 20, 2014 @ 03:43:46
i used electric toothbrush for years. a couple of years ago, my dentist that i still wasn't doing a good job with brushing. i found out from my dentist, you just don't put the brush in your mouth, and turn it on. you brush like a regular toothbrush, i stick the brush in front of my teeth, and turn it on. it tickle me and lift one leg and itched my other leg with it, and i bark. to me, a electric toothbrush waste my time, i use a regular toothbrush now. and good news, i stop wagging my tail and itched my leg, when i brushed my teeth.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#6New Post! Jun 20, 2014 @ 03:53:18
both a regular toothbrush and electric toothbrush's bristles last same amount of time,so is cheaper to buy the cheaper toothbrush.
Commander4th On May 31, 2021

, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Jun 20, 2014 @ 08:39:37
@Silver_Lining Said

So, I've been thinking about getting an electric toothbrush but I'm not sure if they're really that much better than a normal toothbrush. I only know one person who has one and he swears by them

So, are they worth buying?

Ive got one and would recommend one.

Ive found I can reach and clean my back teeth a lot thoroughly, I can certainly feel the difference afterwards.

Although I did find when I first started using an electric toothbrush that my gums bled slightly for the first couple of days
RIP Boobie

#8New Post! Jun 20, 2014 @ 08:58:50
@Commander4th Said

Ive got one and would recommend one.

Ive found I can reach and clean my back teeth a lot thoroughly, I can certainly feel the difference afterwards.

Although I did find when I first started using an electric toothbrush that my gums bled slightly for the first couple of days

Which one do you have?

, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Jun 20, 2014 @ 09:13:36
@Silver_Lining Said

Which one do you have?

Ive got an Oral B Vitality brush, although I reckon they're all pretty much the same, I paid £15 for mine.
RIP Boobie

#10New Post! Jun 20, 2014 @ 09:16:44
@Commander4th Said

Ive got an Oral B Vitality brush, although I reckon they're all pretty much the same, I paid £15 for mine.

Okey dokey, how much do you pay for the heads?

, United Kingdom
#11New Post! Jun 20, 2014 @ 09:28:19
@Silver_Lining Said

Okey dokey, how much do you pay for the heads?

Im not sure, I got a couple free with mine and they've lasted, but im guessing they're not too much.

Some are stupidly expensive and some are stupidly cheap, I can only recommend getting a decent one.
RIP Boobie

#12New Post! Jun 20, 2014 @ 09:35:37
@Commander4th Said

Im not sure, I got a couple free with mine and they've lasted, but im guessing they're not too much.

Some are stupidly expensive and some are stupidly cheap, I can only recommend getting a decent one.

I'll get one that has good reviews and that isn't massively expensive, I've seen some that are about £100 even when half price - who'd pay that for a toothbrush?

, United Kingdom
#13New Post! Jun 20, 2014 @ 09:38:24
@Silver_Lining Said

I'll get one that has good reviews and that isn't massively expensive, I've seen some that are about £100 even when half price - who'd pay that for a toothbrush?

Some are ridiculously expensive.

If you win the lottery tonight you could buy 2
RIP Boobie

#14New Post! Jun 20, 2014 @ 09:46:47
@Commander4th Said

Some are ridiculously expensive.

If you win the lottery tonight you could buy 2

Even if I won the lottery I still wouldn't spend that much on a toothbrush
sTreetAngeL On January 24, 2022
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#15New Post! Jun 20, 2014 @ 10:50:26
A person should change their toothbrush at least every 3 months. (I do every month, because for some reason, I can never find one with hard bristles anymore any where, so I'm stuck with medium)...
That in mind, with the cost of electric toothbrushes, it just doesn't seem practical (for the average person).
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs