The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Local:
United Kingdom

Does anyone feel sorry for/care about Sarah Ferguson?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 · >>
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#46New Post! May 12, 2011 @ 01:05:25
@DorkySupergirl Said

That makes sense then. Canada's PM was invited but then again, Queen is head of our parliament.

Do you think Kanye would have stood up and said, "this is a really great wedding but..."

That's what I was thinking...

"This is a great wedding and I'mna let ya finish but..."
Poor Kanye West is never going to live that down.
DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#47New Post! May 12, 2011 @ 01:09:50
@someone_else Said

That's what I was thinking...

"This is a great wedding and I'mna let ya finish but..."
Poor Kanye West is never going to live that down.

Because William and Kate don't care about black people.
Not a dude.

Deleted

#48New Post! May 12, 2011 @ 01:15:44
@DorkySupergirl Said

Because William and Kate don't care about black people.

Oh ouch!
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#49New Post! May 26, 2011 @ 05:01:21
@DorkySupergirl Said

It was my thought that she was only related by marriage, a marriage that does not exist anymore. So why invite her? Her daughters are related to Prince William, not her in any legal way, shape or form.

Hmmmmm.... your comment above seems to suggest that her daughters aren't legally related to her. Now, I'm no lawyer and I'm not a fan of Sarah Ferguson but I do know that, as the birth mother, under British law she is legally the.....er..... mother.

We've got this wierd Brit thing over here where, when a child gestates inside a woman and is born of her she has a pretty solid legal foundation for telling the world "I am that child's mother".

It says so on the birth certificate.

Sarah Ferguson was not as big a mistake for the royal family as Diana. SF was easily paid off when the magnitude of her crassness, stupidity and penchant for tasteless behaviour and freeloading became apparent. Unlike the twisted, warped and vengeance-consumed Diana, Sarah Ferguson was easily booted into touch.

But she has a living to earn and expensive tastes to cater for, so if Oprah wants to stump up whatever it costs for her to appear on the show, and if an audience wants to listen to it, then you get what you pay for.

The only thing I would ask is.... please.... please... I beseech you.... Keep her over there..!!

Not a dude.

Deleted

#50New Post! May 26, 2011 @ 05:13:58
@Jennifer1984 Said

Hmmmmm.... your comment above seems to suggest that her daughters aren't legally related to her. Now, I'm no lawyer and I'm not a fan of Sarah Ferguson but I do know that, as the birth mother, under British law she is legally the.....er..... mother.

We've got this wierd Brit thing over here where, when a child gestates inside a woman and is born of her she has a pretty solid legal foundation for telling the world "I am that child's mother".

Sarah Ferguson was not as big a mistake for the royal family as Diana. SF was easily paid off when the magnitude of her crassness, stupidity and penchant for tasteless behaviour and freeloading became apparent. Unlike the twisted, warped and vengeance-consumed Diana, Sarah Ferguson was easily booted into touch.

But she has a living to earn and expensive tastes to cater for, so if Oprah wants to stump up whatever it costs for her to appear on the show, and if an audience wants to listen to it, then you get what you pay for.

The only thing I would ask is.... please.... please... I beseech you.... Keep her over there..!!

It took reading it three times for me to see that the way you did. She meant that the daughters are related to the Philip. Sarah herself, is not.
DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#51New Post! May 26, 2011 @ 05:44:50
@Jennifer1984 Said

I have this feeling that you know exactly what I meant by my post. But you are choosing to be smart about it because of the errors in my post with the grammar.

I'm not getting into it with you but I would never, ever take this kind of attitude not knowing why someone has a hard time with communication, spelling and grammar.
Floxy On June 17, 2011

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#52New Post! Jun 14, 2011 @ 08:17:51
I met The Duchess of Pork at a garden party in Buckingham Palace. She's a pariah of the Royal Family because of the toe-sucking incident, and over-spending money during the time she was married to Prince Andrew. Nobody liked her, though I found her pleasant.

The British Tabloid Press gave Sarah Ferguson an unfair drubbing. That is what the press do in lampooning Royals because it makes for selling their newspapers. But the real person beneath the publicity and sarcasm is far different.

While Sarah Ferguson was stupid and irresponsible, she's still human with feelings just the same as any other.
buffalobill90 On July 12, 2013
Powered by tea

Viaticum, United Kingdom
#53New Post! Jun 14, 2011 @ 08:46:05
"Kate" and "Wills"...

They're called Catherine Elizabeth and William Arthur Philip Louis Windsor (or Saxe-Coburg-Gotha, if you prefer their pre-1917 surname), Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. They are fantastically wealthy aristocrats; they are not "Kate" and "Wills".
BozieFozie On May 19, 2022
Life's a Beach

Paradise, Florida
#54New Post! Jun 14, 2011 @ 09:59:23
@Jennifer1984 Said

LOL! Yes, Sarah fits in well with the American public......media attention whoring is big business over here!!!
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#55New Post! Jun 15, 2011 @ 19:14:53
@Jennifer1984 Said

You are joking right? Or are you just out for as many points per post as possible?
A misplaced comma shouldn't warrant a 2 paragraph snide response.
And while we are on the off topic , topic of grammar, spelling and punctuation police,
It seems a bit weird that it's a wierd Brit thing .
Room On July 15, 2011

Levittown, Pennsylvania
#56New Post! Jun 15, 2011 @ 21:22:07
no offense to my British mates but I dont "get" the whole royality thing.
Using all of that taxpayer money to kkep them living like millionaires.
Every country has it traditions so............
Floxy On June 17, 2011

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#57New Post! Jun 15, 2011 @ 21:36:09
Well, I pay 40% of my income in tax and don't mind a proportion of it going towards Her Majesty, the greatest living Monarch in history. It's my taxes paying the persistantly unemployed that gets me angry, but I won't go there.

You have Obama and his watermelon-ass wife, whereas we Brits - me speaking personally, mind - have a Queen. And Sarah Ferguson is a good laugh at dull parties.

@Room Said

ninozara On April 30, 2020

Cheshire, United Kingdom
#58New Post! Jun 15, 2011 @ 22:42:41
@Room Said

@Floxy Said

Well, I pay 40% of my income in tax and don't mind a proportion of it going towards Her Majesty, the greatest living Monarch in history. It's my taxes paying the persistantly unemployed that gets me angry, but I won't go there.

You have Obama and his watermelon-ass wife, whereas we Brits - me speaking personally, mind - have a Queen. And Sarah Ferguson is a good laugh at dull parties.

The Crown Estates gave roughly £240 Million to the Treasury last year, and the Queen received about £40 million back through the Civil List.

Basically the Queen's estates and lands and business made the government £200 Million! That doesn't include all the money made by tourism or the business they drum up for other businesses...but people forget all that
Floxy On June 17, 2011

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#59New Post! Jun 15, 2011 @ 23:05:06
Yes, actually I haven't forgotten that.

Except the Queen has to make a charge to visitors of Windsor Castle for example, only to maintain its expensive upkeep and maintenance. The castle is one of our greatest landmarks. If Her Majesty receives back £40 million, approximately 30% will go towards the upkeep of all Crown Estates and employment of her workers, including part of my last years' Income tax of £33,600 and 75 pee.

I think in today's tough financial climate, Her Majesty is making every valiant attempt, like all shrewd business people, at making money for her "business empire". No different from me or any other person in business.

You wrote well.

@ninozara Said

The Crown Estates gave roughly £240 Million to the Treasury last year, and the Queen received about £40 million back through the Civil List.

Basically the Queen's estates and lands and business made the government £200 Million! That doesn't include all the money made by tourism or the business they drum up for other businesses...but people forget all that
boobagins On August 03, 2013
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#60New Post! Jun 15, 2011 @ 23:52:39
Why don't people like Fergie? I really don't know much about her other than she's scandalous for being a duchess but then losing it all in a divorce, and something with illegal money.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs