The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Religion & Philosophy

Do You Think There are Enough God/Bible Threads on this Forum?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 · >>
tariki On September 16, 2012

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#31New Post! Jan 29, 2012 @ 08:57:00
@Willi Said

different paths we take.
how we walk them and why is a subject many ponder.
let evolution dictate the content?

Just picking up from willi here, a few words. Forums do evolve. Word gets around. Lurkers stop lurking and jump in. Those who gain - however judged by some - will stay.

A Ch'an master once said...."Where you find a receptive ear, sing your heart out. Otherwise, keep your mouth shut." I would ask just what IS a "receptive ear"? On another forum I participate on each is encouraged to speak their truth, and the etiquette asked for from each member is not to condemn, but to join in reasoned debate and discussion. This from the fundamental point of view that we all stand on the same ground - that of fallible human beings.

An example of the type of threads found......one started on the Chinese Classic, the "Tao Te Ching". Day by day, week by week, each chapter was posted and comments and views encouraged, with the call to find possible Christian parallels, or parallels from any faith.

At last count, the thread had been accessed 16,381 times. It is left on the forum as a resource for others to access, and it often is.

Many joined in, Christians, Buddhists, and those of no faith at all. For me it demonstrated just what is possible.

Such is NOT possible when there are those who assume that they alone possess truth, and even claim that such "truth" is not their own, but is in fact "Gods". It is not possible when these same people seek to claim that any who do not share their own "truth" will be destroyed. It is not possible when such people claim that no one has any excuse for being "wrong" now that the truth has been revealed. And for such people to claim that they have the "mind of Christ" is as close to blasphemy as you can get without crossing the line.

St Paul once spoke of being "all things to all men" (and women, one would hope) "To the Greek I speak as a Greek, to the Jew as a Jew"....Alas, one here seeks to speak to all the same. He has but one voice. His own. Which he claims is the voice of God Himself.

Anyway, enough of all that.
PerlaDelMar On June 02, 2014

New York, New York
#32New Post! Jan 29, 2012 @ 09:03:04
@tariki Said

Just picking up from willi here, a few words. Forums do evolve. Word gets around. Lurkers stop lurking and jump in. Those who gain - however judged by some - will stay.

A Ch'an master once said...."Where you find a receptive ear, sing your heart out. Otherwise, keep your mouth shut." I would ask just what IS a "receptive ear"? On another forum I participate on each is encouraged to speak their truth, and the etiquette asked for from each member is not to condemn, but to join in reasoned debate and discussion. This from the fundamental point of view that we all stand on the same ground - that of fallible human beings.

An example of the type of threads found......one started on the Chinese Classic, the "Tao Te Ching". Day by day, week by week, each chapter was posted and comments and views encouraged, with the call to find possible Christian parallels, or parallels from any faith.

At last count, the thread had been accessed 16,381 times. It is left on the forum as a resource for others to access, and it often is.

Many joined in, Christians, Buddhists, and those of no faith at all. For me it demonstrated just what is possible.

Such is NOT possible when there are those who assume that they alone possess truth, and even claim that such "truth" is not their own, but is in fact "Gods". It is not possible when these same people seek to claim that any who do not share their own "truth" will be destroyed. It is not possible when such people claim that no one has any excuse for being "wrong" now that the truth has been revealed. And for such people to claim that they have the "mind of Christ" is as close to blasphemy as you can get without crossing the line.

St Paul once spoke of being "all things to all men" (and women, one would hope) "To the Greek I speak as a Greek, to the Jew as a Jew"....Alas, one here seeks to speak to all the same. He has but one voice. His own. Which he claims is the voice of God Himself.

Anyway, enough of all that.

It is one thing when different people post threads, but when it is one person who is ALWAYS posting things just to bait people, then it becomes annoying, irritating at best.
MadCornishBiker On January 14, 2014

Banned

St Columb Road, United Kingdom
#33New Post! Jan 29, 2012 @ 10:41:23
@CausaMortis Said

I think it is important that we address this matter

But this is, after all, the religion forum. If people don't like this sort of thread what are they doing looking on here?????

Banned

#34New Post! Jan 29, 2012 @ 10:42:47
@sister_of_mercy Said

Some of us like the other kind of threads in this forum and don't want to have to miss them by blocking the entire section.

The add your own. If enough are interested they will respond, if not then you are in a minority.

Don't just whinge about what isn't on here, do something about it.

Banned

#35New Post! Jan 29, 2012 @ 10:43:45
@PerlaDelMar Said

It is one thing when different people post threads, but when it is one person who is ALWAYS posting things just to bait people, then it becomes annoying, irritating at best.

But is that the fault of the "one person" or the fault of all those who can't be bothered?
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#36New Post! Jan 29, 2012 @ 11:58:26
@MadCornishBiker Said

The add your own. If enough are interested they will respond, if not then you are in a minority.

Don't just whinge about what isn't on here, do something about it.

We've tried, you just don't seem to get the hint.

Banned

#37New Post! Jan 29, 2012 @ 12:36:23
@sister_of_mercy Said

Well if you can't make your own threads interesting enough fr people to join in with, then maybe you have to bow to the interests of those who do respond on here and not spoil it for them.

The very fact that threads,like these receive so much response is evidence enough that it is what people want to discuss. I'm sure we've all had threads ignored, but that is life.

If you don't like threads you don't have to read them you know, it's not compulsory.

Banned

#38New Post! Jan 29, 2012 @ 12:38:43
@sister_of_mercy Said

A further thought on this.

Are you saying, by your statement that "you just don't take the hint" mean that you feel I have less right to post on here than you just because you don't like it? That's what it implies. I can assure you, that any time you have posted anything I felt worthy of comment, for whatever reason, I have commented.
CausaMortis On April 20, 2012

San Antonio, Texas
#39New Post! Jan 29, 2012 @ 13:19:49
@MadCornishBiker Said

Well if you can't make your own threads interesting enough fr people to join in with, then maybe you have to bow to the interests of those who do respond on here and not spoil it for them.

The very fact that threads,like these receive so much response is evidence enough that it is what people want to discuss. I'm sure we've all had threads ignored, but that is life.

If you don't like threads you don't have to read them you know, it's not compulsory.

Again it's not about ignoring certain threads, the issue is whether we as concerned posters are doing our best to service to the needs of our cyber community. I was starting to doubt whether 12 new topics on this issue a day was sufficient to meet the maximum enjoyment needs of my fellow posters, to my dismay I discovered that alittle more than half of the respondents believe what we are doing is beating a dead horse.
Demented On January 31, 2024

, Australia
#40New Post! Jan 29, 2012 @ 13:23:56
Can I throw a quick joke in here Thank you.

Jesus walks into the local pub and up to the Bar.

The Barman comes over and ask's,Can I help you Jesus

Jesus throwing 3 nails on the bar say's"Yes can you put me up for the night"

Thank you all I'm gone again
woodss On February 26, 2024

#41New Post! Jan 29, 2012 @ 13:49:21

hoppy On August 27, 2013

#42New Post! Jan 29, 2012 @ 13:54:58
@CausaMortis Said

Again it's not about ignoring certain threads, the issue is whether we as concerned posters are doing our best to service to the needs of our cyber community. I was starting to doubt whether 12 new topics on this issue a day was sufficient to meet the maximum enjoyment needs of my fellow posters, to my dismay I discovered that alittle more than half of the respondents believe what we are doing is beating a dead horse.

I understood this forum was for all of us. I learned to pick and choose what I read. You too, could learn.
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#43New Post! Jan 29, 2012 @ 14:01:42
I'm not fond of all the religious threads. But that's not really what my problem with them is.

My problem is that the usual suspects (those that post all the religious threads) pretty much contain themselves to those subjects. All I really know about them stems from their religion. It's one dimensional. We are more than the sum of our parts and we are more than our religious philosophies.

So with that in mind, I have two conclusions to come to. They are completely obsessed with religion to the exclusion of all else. (Which is terribly imbalanced.) Or they view TFS as their soap box. (Which is terribly disturbing.)

Either way, I don't know jack about them. And if all they care about is religion, then I don't really want to know about them. Simply because they've already told me all I want to know.
CausaMortis On April 20, 2012

San Antonio, Texas
#44New Post! Jan 29, 2012 @ 14:10:30
@hoppy Said

I understood this forum was for all of us. I learned to pick and choose what I read. You too, could learn.

As usual you fail to understand what you are reading, for possibly the 5th time in a row I want to know if we're doing enough to ensure that our fellow posters entertainment needs are being met, or maybe we should be doing more. I can say this in spanish if you think you'll be able to understand it in that language. Other than that... I know alittle bit of american sign language, unless I make a video then email it to you, I don't think that's going to help much.
woodss On February 26, 2024

#45New Post! Jan 29, 2012 @ 14:10:51
Religion is a good thing, it gives you faith, hope and salvation which is a good thing.

But people like to turn them into a dangerous clut.

People have read the gospels for 1000s of years.

I have read the gospels as well and I enjoy them.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs