Forums: Sports:
Baseball

Devil Rays Shut Out The Red Sox!!

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
trencher On March 01, 2008

Hades, California
#1New Post! Sep 11, 2007 @ 05:24:25
The Devil Rays Beat The Red Sox... 1-0!!!!

Tampa Bay- 1

Boston- 0
Final

I have something to get off of my chest before I get to the Devil Rays triumphant victory over the Red Sox.

I have no voice left and I am sick to my stomach after watching the Baltimore Ravens fumble and bumble their way to a 27-20 loss at the hands of the Bengals.

The game was a defensive mess. The game was filled to the brim with terrible play calling, dreadful officiating, and awful game management by Steve McNair.

The defense of the Ravens was on the field far too long thanks to Steve McNair overthrowing his wideouts and looking completely out of it.

I lost my voice shortly before the start of the 4th quarter, and things got much worse after the Bengals took a 25-20 lead late in the 4th.

The Ravens had a chance to tie the game, but an injured Steve McNair meant that his backup would be called upon to save the day. He did a good job of moving his team into position to tie the game, but he failed to close the deal: The Ravens had a 1st and Goal at the 5-yard line of Cincinnati, and failed to punch the ball in!!

I'm sick, upset, and my throat is sore from doing way too much screaming and yelling in my local bar

Now, on to the Yankees gaining ground on their day off. The Yanks are 5 games out of the lead in the AL East.

Scott Kazmir (12-8), was solid. Delmon Young and Greg Norton came up big for the Devil Rays in the 1-0 victory over Curt Schilling and the Red Sox.

Scott Kazmir allowed 0 runs, 5 hits, and 2 walks in seven innings. He also had 10 strikeots on the night. Dan Wheeler and Al Reyes were both dominant in relief of Kazmir. Wheeler and Reyes pitched scoreless innings in relief. Reyes recorded a strikeout in getting his 24th save of the season.

With the score tied 0-0, the Devil Rays slammed the door on the Red Sox in the fifth. With one on and one out, Josh Wilson's sacrifice fly off of Schilling allowed Greg Norton to score for a 1-0 lead.

That would be all that Tampa Bay would need thanks to Kazmir and the bullpen.

The potent combination of Crisp, Pedroia, Lowell, and Youkilis, went a combined 2-for-15 with 0 runs and 0 RBIs on the night.

Delmon Young and Greg Norton went a combined 5-for-7 with 1 run and 0 RBIs on the night.

Curt Schilling (8-7), allowed 1 run, 5 hits, and 1 walk in the loss.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs