Relationships

Dating Your Parents?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>
Aden On November 28, 2014

, Canada
#1New Post! Apr 23, 2010 @ 20:33:36
So I've been kind of seeing this girl for the last couple months. We met at a party. I guess. I don't actually remember meeting her the night before. Just woke up in quite the situation. Anyways, she wanted me to go with her to her friend's place, and I had nothing better to do, so I did. And it was cool, the first few days. She seemed nice, listened, didn't mind me being around.
My mom got pissed, kicked me out (as she usually does on a binge) so I ended up staying with this girl at her place. This was about two months after we'd met, causually seeing each other in between. So, anyways, it worked. I'd go to school, she'd go to work, get home the same, go out, blah blah.
But she started changing. Less laughs, less smiles, less patience. She'd get.. I don't know... Irritated with me, and I don't even know what I'd did to make her so. Sometimes I'd be doing homework, sometimes I'd be making dinner... And she'd just start critizing... Being mean, I guess, though that sounds pretty childish. Then she'd get over it and we'd be okay.
But, like everything, it just got worse. She'd scream, throw things, hit... A few weeks ago I was on the couch and she was wasn't really yelling but was saying things and she slapped me. And whatever, a slap is a slap, no big deal, I was just going to leave, she got even crazier, talked me into staying. The next morning her brother shows up, makes it quite clear that if I f*** her around it won't be very pleasurable. And that was never my intention. I mean, I'm sure I knew from the get go she wasn't really serious about me, obviously as she really is gorgeous (on the outside) and 26, but I thought... I don't know. If I do what I'm asked it's mostly okay but even then, I can't control her rages.
I'm not at her place now, haven't been for three weeks or so.. But she'll show up, or her brother, and I'll go with them.
I feel kind of stuck now, though. I mean, she's got her nice moments. She CAN be good. But she can be so controlling and dominant and can scare the s*** out of me sometimes. Really. I'm even getting nervous writing this which is crazy, cause I know she won't see it.

Anyways, I was reading this thing about how people often find their parents traits in their partners and I just thought it was kind of ironic because they (my mom and her) are so similiar. Makes me wonder how the hell I missed it all in the beginning. But I don't even know if I did. I think I just ignored it because she paid attention to me. I think that's worse, huh?
I wasn't sure it was true until now. I guess it is. So be careful.
psycoskunk On December 24, 2020
Funky-Footed Skunk

A fort made of stinky socks, C
#2New Post! Apr 23, 2010 @ 20:47:49
Well, if there's anything to take away from this scenario, it's that it's illegal for someone in their 20's to date someone under 18.
Kristy69 On September 14, 2014
Carly's Mommy

Underneath the Cyanide Sun....
#3New Post! Apr 23, 2010 @ 20:47:59
She sounds like a psycho b****, stay FAR away.
She hit you, she should be LONG gone by now.

You're 15, what are you doing with a 26 year old anyway??
Lili On July 12, 2019

Sunshine Land,
#4New Post! Apr 23, 2010 @ 20:53:32
@Kristy69 Said

Exactly. Well, I can see why a 15 year old would be attracted to a 26 year old, but I'm not getting the reverse. Most normal 26 year olds aren't attracted to 15 year olds. Something's not right there. Not to say you aren't a good person, you are obviously very intelligent and thoughtful and sensitive. But the age difference gives pause, it's concerning.
Grasshopper On January 11, 2023
Just me.

Fort Collins, Colorado
#5New Post! Apr 23, 2010 @ 20:54:55
Sheesh! Why's she so violent? Did she change meds?

, Canada
#6New Post! Apr 23, 2010 @ 21:05:32
@Kristy69 Said

I don't know, Kristy. I don't know what I'm doing anymore.
Everything just got all messed up. I know it's illegal. I know it's stupid. I don't know what her motives are anymore. I'm just...lost.

And you know the f***ed up thing? I've quit drinking awhile ago. I probably wouldn't have any questions if I just kept on. I don't even know how I'm doing it anymore, to be honest.
psycoskunk On December 24, 2020
Funky-Footed Skunk

A fort made of stinky socks, C
#7New Post! Apr 23, 2010 @ 21:22:20
@Aden Said

I don't know, Kristy. I don't know what I'm doing anymore.
Everything just got all messed up. I know it's illegal. I know it's stupid. I don't know what her motives are anymore. I'm just...lost.

And you know the f***ed up thing? I've quit drinking awhile ago. I probably wouldn't have any questions if I just kept on. I don't even know how I'm doing it anymore, to be honest.

Then leave her. You went into the relationship wanting to be with someone, not to get smacked around. My mom works at a shelter for women who're either homeless or are using drugs, so I know an abusive relationship when I hear one. If she tries to convince you to stay, don't even respond. Just get out of there.

, Canada
#8New Post! Apr 23, 2010 @ 21:44:55
I did. I tried, anyway. It didn't work.
It's different. She's just... difficult.

I don't think you could call it absuive. She's the girl, I'm the guy.

Truth be told? I'm just a loser chicken s***. I'm good at being told what to do, when and how to do it. I'm not so good at sticking up for myself because... Just because.
Lili On July 12, 2019

Sunshine Land,
#9New Post! Apr 23, 2010 @ 21:46:10
@Aden Said

Truth be told? I'm just a loser chicken s***. I'm good at being told what to do, when and how to do it. I'm not so good at sticking up for myself because... Just because.

Do you have somewhere you can go to be away from her?

, Canada
#10New Post! Apr 23, 2010 @ 21:57:49
I don't stay with her right now, though. I'm.. Well, I guess I'm back and forth with her and my mom. Depends on who's in the better mood... lol

It's not even like I see her everyday. She can leave for three days or so, then either she'll show up or her brother or both, at school, home, work. She's a hard person to say no too. Especially when she's in a good mood.
plebian_angel On April 25, 2012
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#11New Post! Apr 23, 2010 @ 22:01:32
@Aden Said

Men can be abused by women.
I think you need to get out and NOW
Suz74 On October 20, 2010

Nottingham, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Apr 23, 2010 @ 22:03:45
@Aden Said

Just because you are a guy and she is the girl doesnt mean u are not in an abusive relationship - it deffo sounds like one to me - if not physical then definetly mentally/emotionally.

The fact that you are 15 and she is 26 speaks volumes about what kind of person she is and if I were you I would steer well clear - yes you could be swayed towards her because of similar traits with your mother but they are not good traits so it wont work - u need to try and sort yourself out before getting into a relationship as you sound like u are very confused and have very little self esteem which is soemthing she will probably be using against you - you are so young and have lots of time for a serious relationship - hope u work it out x
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#13New Post! Apr 23, 2010 @ 22:06:21
You have to put your foot down and protect yourself.

And yes you are dating a version of your mother.

The reality is that people like her will do what they are allowed to do. If you don't allow it, then she can't do it to you. Which means you have to be strong, stubborn and even possibly a bit of an a*****e about it.

Find some nice girl your own age in a bit of time. You are really in over your head.
Lili On July 12, 2019

Sunshine Land,
#14New Post! Apr 23, 2010 @ 22:13:23
@plebian_angel Said

Men can be abused by women.
I think you need to get out and NOW

Yep, when my mom would drink she could be really strong. It's not like he couldn't fight back, it's an emotional thing. He couldn't stand up to her.
young_nick On December 11, 2010
The Dude

Auckland, New Zealand
#15New Post! Apr 23, 2010 @ 22:33:37
Wait a second, you ARE 15??
I was expecting you to say something like "I put the wrong date and can't find how to change it"..

But yeah if you actually are 15, then you should totally be finding a girl your own age
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs