The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Random:
Holidays

Christmas brings out the best in everyone...YEAH RIGHT!!!!!

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
jennyp26 On February 16, 2011

TX,
#1New Post! Dec 17, 2008 @ 18:21:00
I went to Wal-Mart this morning to pick up another gift. I was looking at the candle holders when I spotted a really neat one. I picked it up and noticed that it was the last one. As I was holding it in my hands and looking at it, a little old lady came down the aisle. She stopped right next to me and looked at it also. The she reached over, took it out of my hands, put it in her basket and walked away. I was stunned! I just said "Excuse me. I was going to buy that." Then she turned around, flipped me the bird and told me to go to hell!!! This was not a young person. She had to be in her 80's and I'm going to guess mid to late 80's. She had a cane hanging on the side of her cart and shuffled herself around the store. I just couldn't believe it!!! Its Christmas, People!!! Try to be nice!!!
lilbear On January 18, 2010
Aequitas / Veritas!

Deleted

, Canada
#2New Post! Dec 17, 2008 @ 18:23:03
GOOD LUCK!! That's been happening for years. Tis the time to be happy to be rude me thinks!!!
emmerz4life On April 10, 2009

, United States (general)
#3New Post! Dec 17, 2008 @ 18:23:03
ive had people do that to me too theyre just stupid to do that. that was uncalled for what she did i mean.
spellchick On October 02, 2012
Go away, I'm baitin'

, Oklahoma
#4New Post! Dec 17, 2008 @ 18:26:43
I think Christmas actually brings out the worst in people a lot of times. I mean, just look at the guy that died the day after Christmas when people trampled him to get the item that was on sale. It just brings out the greed. Sad, really.
Allyson On January 20, 2010

Deleted

, Michigan
#5New Post! Dec 17, 2008 @ 18:26:59
I seen a older lady in wal marts going through the isles,looking at things.
I noticed she had bags with things in them,in her basket.
I saw her put something in one of the bags.a item she was looking at.
I realized she was bagging what she wanted to buy
In a way it was sad.I knew maybe she didn't know what she was doing.
and wondered how they handled that when she left the store.
iliterate_enginere On February 12, 2010

Deleted

Wichita, Kansas
#6New Post! Dec 17, 2008 @ 18:30:31
You should've took it back and stole her cane and hid it.
Go away, I'm baitin'

, Oklahoma
#7New Post! Dec 17, 2008 @ 18:32:13
That's what I was thinking. I think I would have grabbed it back from her regardless of how old or frail she appeared to be. Just because you're ancient doesn't mean you have the right to behave like a child and expect to get away with it!
jennyp26 On February 16, 2011

TX,
#8New Post! Dec 17, 2008 @ 18:35:50
I couldn't do anything. I was so shocked that a little old lady had done that. Once the shock had worn off all I could do was laugh. I am still laughing about it. I cant get the image of an old lady giving me the bird out of my head!!!
Charles On November 16, 2010

, Christmas Island
#9New Post! Dec 17, 2008 @ 18:36:31
Maybe that WAS the crochety old witch being nice.
Go away, I'm baitin'

, Oklahoma
#10New Post! Dec 17, 2008 @ 18:37:18
@jennyp26 Said

I couldn't do anything. I was so shocked that a little old lady had done that. Once the shock had worn off all I could do was laugh. I am still laughing about it. I cant get the image of an old lady giving me the bird out of my head!!!

That is pretty funny when that happens. I always think, man, I wanna be that way when I'm old!
iliterate_enginere On February 12, 2010

Deleted

Wichita, Kansas
#11New Post! Dec 17, 2008 @ 18:38:24
@spellchick Said

That's what I was thinking. I think I would have grabbed it back from her regardless of how old or frail she appeared to be. Just because you're ancient doesn't mean you have the right to behave like a child and expect to get away with it!

exactly! I have a lot of respect for my elders but if some grumpy old geezer did something like that to me, I'd definitely get back no matter what. People who act like that don't deserve respect.
annski729 On July 24, 2016

, United States (general)
#12New Post! Dec 17, 2008 @ 18:41:50
holy s***! That's awful.

I went Christmas shopping with my dad yesterday afternoon, and some jackass cut off two cars and then nearly hit us trying to get out of the parking lot. This time of the year makes people crazy.
HiImDan On February 29, 2024

Cleveland, the boil on the but
#13New Post! Dec 17, 2008 @ 19:13:21
She probably figured at her age she can't afford to wait any longer for another one to be in stock We've got a Value City in Cleveland where people are known to help themselves to whatever's in your cart
Wingsy On November 26, 2023
wingsdillialicious!

Wingsville,
#14New Post! Dec 17, 2008 @ 19:24:04
My sister and I bought my mom Christmas dishes a few years ago (She'd been wanting them for years!) There were a few different patterns, but only one we liked. It was the last one and the box was open and in disorder. Sis and I took the time to make sure everything was there and repack the box, then asked a clerk for some tape so that we could tape the box shut. A manager came by and marked it for a discount since had to repack it. There was a woman watching all of this, she then followed us around the store. I caught her trying to take the dishes out of the cart, so I paid and put them in the trunk of Sis's car, then went back in to help her finish. That lady was not pleased.

I agree that this the holidays bring out the worst in people rather than the best!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs