World Cup

Capello to resign..?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Jun 21, 2010 @ 07:07:37
News is emerging on the BBC that the England players criticised the England manager during last night's "clear the air" meeting. Several issues were raised, but they were (according to the BBC) specifically unhappy with the boot-camp atmosphere in Rustenburg.

You could be forgiven for thinking that after the WAGS fiasco at the last world cup in Germany, the players would respond to a regime that focuses on the football and ensures rest between matches.

I am astounded that, given the opportunity to play on the world's greatest stage... to represent their country.... to showcase their talents to the world..... this group of self-centred, small minded individuals are allowing themselves to be sidetracked by such petty issues as being told to rest between matches, or not being able to get a shag for a couple of weeks.

You couldn't make it up, could you..?

Personally, I think it is all just a lot of excuse making. They have been, frankly, embarrassed in their first two matches and are looking to shift the blame. The truly sad thing is that a lot of fans will fall for it. Players are heroes. Players are blameless. It's always somebody else's fault..... And the manager is the usual fall-guy.

Auntie Beeb hinted that Fabio Capello could consider resigning should England crash out on Wednesday. I wouldn't blame him if he did.

Kimmler On February 03, 2011

Deleted

Stockport, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Jun 21, 2010 @ 07:28:54
I wish the players had been more honest when he was picking the squad. If only some of them had put their hands up and said that they don't want to play for England I'd respect that. But no, they wanted to get in the squad to earn more ????? by tying up some sponsorship deal. Makes you sick.
waldo On August 02, 2016
I don't care

lancaster, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Jun 21, 2010 @ 07:52:59
Now they are hinting that if Capello resigns or gets the sack Roy hodgeson will be throwing his hat into the ring.
Anyone with thoughts to him being the new England Manager.
ninozara On April 30, 2020

Cheshire, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Jun 21, 2010 @ 08:50:01
Capello was loved a few weeks ago, he hasn't really changed anything now we are at the world cup - the players have just fallen apart.

It's not a holiday, the players are there to do a job, but they aren't performing at the minutes. When all is said and done THEY are the ones on the pitch, they are the ones who have to pull it together and play. They are supposed to be 'top class' players, tripping over their feet, giving the ball away, failing to find a space or take a shot - how are any of those things the managers fault?
ninozara On April 30, 2020

Cheshire, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Jun 21, 2010 @ 08:50:33
@waldo Said

Now they are hinting that if Capello resigns or gets the sack Roy hodgeson will be throwing his hat into the ring.
Anyone with thoughts to him being the new England Manager.

Beckham?
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Jun 21, 2010 @ 08:54:28
@ninozara Said

Capello was loved a few weeks ago, he hasn't really changed anything now we are at the world cup - the players have just fallen apart.

It's not a holiday, the players are there to do a job, but they aren't performing at the minutes. When all is said and done THEY are the ones on the pitch, they are the ones who have to pull it together and play. They are supposed to be 'top class' players, tripping over their feet, giving the ball away, failing to find a space or take a shot - how are any of those things the managers fault?

I agree.

Tbh I think there is something in the England camp to do with respect of managers. Sven couldn't command their respect, McClaren couldn't and now Fabio Capello who has a great history of management can't.

Think the players need a right kick up the arse.
x_Laura_x On April 02, 2024

Nowhere, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Jun 21, 2010 @ 09:33:49
This is a random question, sorry but I didn't really think it warranted a new thread - does Beckham still play for England? 'Cause he's been sitting on the sidelines in all the matches - I thought he was injured but my friend said he'd retired. Just wondering.
waldo On August 02, 2016
I don't care

lancaster, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Jun 21, 2010 @ 09:43:00
Good question Laura.
They say he is injured. But they have put him on the coaching staff, because he plays his football in America they though he would be able to give insider information about the yanks. That worked didn't it.
x_Laura_x On April 02, 2024

Nowhere, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Jun 21, 2010 @ 09:49:51
@waldo Said

Good question Laura.
They say he is injured. But they have put him on the coaching staff, because he plays his football in America they though he would be able to give insider information about the yanks. That worked didn't it.

Oh dear.
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#10New Post! Jun 21, 2010 @ 12:33:47
I think Beckham's presence at the world cup may just be a little more subtle than the FA could be letting on.

With just about every FIFA committee member who matters, in South Africa for the tournament, and Beckham having an "ambassadorial" role in the bid to secure the 2018 world cup, this is a heaven sent opportunity to get a lot of glad-handing and hob-nobbing in with the people who matter.

When you bid for a world cup, you gotta have an eye for an opportunity..!!

Mama_san On September 28, 2010

Banned

CHESTER, United Kingdom
#11New Post! Jun 21, 2010 @ 12:39:57
@Jennifer1984 Said

News is emerging on the BBC that the England players criticised the England manager during last night's "clear the air" meeting. Several issues were raised, but they were (according to the BBC) specifically unhappy with the boot-camp atmosphere in Rustenburg.

You could be forgiven for thinking that after the WAGS fiasco at the last world cup in Germany, the players would respond to a regime that focuses on the football and ensures rest between matches.

I am astounded that, given the opportunity to play on the world's greatest stage... to represent their country.... to showcase their talents to the world..... this group of self-centred, small minded individuals are allowing themselves to be sidetracked by such petty issues as being told to rest between matches, or not being able to get a shag for a couple of weeks.

You couldn't make it up, could you..?

Personally, I think it is all just a lot of excuse making. They have been, frankly, embarrassed in their first two matches and are looking to shift the blame. The truly sad thing is that a lot of fans will fall for it. Players are heroes. Players are blameless. It's always somebody else's fault..... And the manager is the usual fall-guy.

Auntie Beeb hinted that Fabio Capello could consider resigning should England crash out on Wednesday. I wouldn't blame him if he did.

...i have to agree...diversionary tactics from a truly abysmal and self indulgent group of players
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs