The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Religion & Philosophy

Can anyone prove, beyond any doubt, that God does not exist?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#61New Post! Oct 02, 2011 @ 20:15:10
@MadCornishBiker Said

Well the majority is frequently in the wrong anyway, lol, I have seen that proved many times. People tend to "follow the herd", and won't speak out against their peers even if they don't agree.

As I said I did not choose not to read it, I didn't notice it, and I have already asked you to repeat it, or tell me where it is so I can. It is true I don't always follow links but since you are so keen for me to do so...................

But wait!!! isn't your god the right one because the majority of people in your part of the world believe in him?

And that whole "follow the herd" mentality may be something that you remember from high school, but it doesn't really fly in peer review of scientific data and theories.

As for the link, Go back to the beginning and find it yourself.. it's on the first page... Not too difficult.. And I'm not your mother, and as a black man, I'll not be asked to "step and fetch it" for you, because you're too lazy to do it for yourself.
MadCornishBiker On January 14, 2014

Banned

St Columb Road, United Kingdom
#62New Post! Oct 02, 2011 @ 20:46:39
@boxerdc Said

But wait!!! isn't your god the right one because the majority of people in your part of the world believe in him?

And that whole "follow the herd" mentality may be something that you remember from high school, but it doesn't really fly in peer review of scientific data and theories.

As for the link, Go back to the beginning and find it yourself.. it's on the first page... Not too difficult.. And I'm not your mother, and as a black man, I'll not be asked to "step and fetch it" for you, because you're too lazy to do it for yourself.

That is of course up to you. I will find it eventually once I stop getting distracted by other posts. Or is your refusal simply because you know I can answer it? I suspect it is.

It is definitely not true to say that the majority of people in my part of the world, or any other, believe in God, Most supposedly Christian religions believe in a triune god, which is most definitely not the God of the bible. In fact it is only since the mid 1800s that there has been a revival in belief n the God of the bible, and even many of those get it wrong.

No, one of the first things I realised, from the words of Christ, long before I went atheist, as a child who read the New testament a lot, was that Jesus was doubtful if he would "find the faith in the earth" on his "return". I knew straight away then that the vast majority of teh churches were in some way or other wrong, though I had no idea how at the time. Nothing has ever convinced me that Jesus was wrong in that statement, and since having passed through many atheistic stage, I have realised that he also prophesied about a great apostasy which would destroy the true faith in the minds of teh vast number of the populace.

That is sad enough, but I have since learned from a number of clergymen, that many of them know they are teaching lies about God, but won't stop "because it's my job" as they told me. It's hardly surprising there is so little true faith in the earth.
El_Tino On October 12, 2023
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#63New Post! Oct 02, 2011 @ 20:49:06
I'm sure someone has probably already pointed this out, but it's logically impossible to prove a negative. This is philosophy 101 here.

Can anyone prove, beyond any doubt, that the Easter Bunny does not exist? Can anyone prove, beyond any doubt, that there is not an alien somewhere in the universe named Beavis who has a friend named Butthead and who loves nachos?
rosexthorn On July 30, 2022

Winnipeg, Canada
#64New Post! Oct 02, 2011 @ 20:55:55
@El_Tino Said

I'm sure someone has probably already pointed this out, but it's logically impossible to prove a negative. This is philosophy 101 here.

Can anyone prove, beyond any doubt, that the Easter Bunny does not exist? Can anyone prove, beyond any doubt, that there is not an alien somewhere in the universe named Beavis who has a friend named Butthead and who loves nachos?

MadCornishBiker On January 14, 2014

Banned

St Columb Road, United Kingdom
#65New Post! Oct 02, 2011 @ 21:16:13
@El_Tino Said

I agree, which was part of my reasons for the post. The other was to show how many people are determined to try, and even believe that they can, even though it is impossible.

It's amazing how easily they fall for it, lol.
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#66New Post! Oct 02, 2011 @ 21:20:48
@MadCornishBiker Said

I agree, which was part of my reasons for the post. The other was to show how many people are determined to try, and even believe that they can, even though it is impossible.

How easily they fall for what?

I don't think anyone in this thread has tried to actually prove that God doesn't exist.

On the contrary, you've spent many many many posts trying to prove he does.

It sounds like you have a lot to prove.
GaryL On January 20, 2021

North Branch, Minnesota
#67New Post! Oct 02, 2011 @ 21:24:46
Quote:
Can anyone prove, beyond any doubt, that God does not exist?

Can you prove "beyond any doubt" that He does exist?

If you can't, then you have no business asking that question.

The sharing of the Word was never meant to bring about discord.

Deleted

#68New Post! Oct 02, 2011 @ 21:53:55
@El_Tino Said

The Easter Bunny doen't exist... any longer.

Deleted

#69New Post! Oct 02, 2011 @ 21:56:12
@MadCornishBiker Said

Of course you did it for that.. Sure you did.. Yup, you knew it all along.. It's amazing how easily you'll abandon your god when faced with facts.
davii On January 14, 2013
I'm Awesome

Deleted

London, United Kingdom
#70New Post! Oct 02, 2011 @ 22:08:07
Religion is pretty good proof that God doesn't exist...

...well, certainly in the guise that religion preaches.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs