The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Religion & Philosophy

Can anyone prove, beyond any doubt, that God does not exist?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 · >>
MadCornishBiker On January 14, 2014

Banned

St Columb Road, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Oct 02, 2011 @ 16:22:20
I don't believe so, because I tried and failed in the past, and now I believe that despite my best efforts I have proved beyond any reasonable doubt that God does indeed exist, and has great plans for this earth which will still come about even if the activity of some rebellious angels has caused a slight delay while an issue is proved. (OK slight in God's terms not in ours). My faith in that has now become unshakable to the extent that I will only take any notice of solid, evidence, nto speculation or assumptions.

So, let's see your proof if you have any.
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#2New Post! Oct 02, 2011 @ 16:25:46
@MadCornishBiker Said

So, let's see your proof if you have any.

Belief in god is supposed to bring happiness and serenity to those who adhere to his principles.

Yet all of the people on TFS who have the strongest beliefs seem extremely bitter and angry.

Therefore, either the premise is wrong, or there is no god.

Banned

#3New Post! Oct 02, 2011 @ 16:34:01
@boxerdc Said

Belief in god is supposed to bring happiness and serenity to those who adhere to his principles.

Yet all of the people on TFS who have the strongest beliefs seem extremely bitter and angry.

Therefore, either the premise is wrong, or there is no god.

I'm not bitter, and I'm certainly not angry. I have nothing to be bitter about, because though life currently is not exactly perfect I know that it will be soon, and for an eternity, not however few years I have left of this one. I fully support everything God has done, and rather than whining about what He hasn't done for me I am grateful for what He has done, and that is much.

That therefore disproves you proposition, because I am one amongst many who do not fit it. It is only those who worship the wrong god, or who refuse to worship the right one in the right way, who have any reason to be other than as content as I am, because they cannot and will not share my hope.

Why do you think I have so much patience in trying to open the eyes of those who will not see? Simple, because my hope is assured, and I want to share it with as many as I can, but only if they wish to listen.

Deleted

#4New Post! Oct 02, 2011 @ 16:40:35
@MadCornishBiker Said

I have nothing to be bitter about, because though life currently is not exactly perfect I know that it will be soon, and for an eternity, not however few years I have left of this one.

That certainly doesn't sound happy and serene to me.
Bukwis On February 05, 2013

Port Edward, Canada
#5New Post! Oct 02, 2011 @ 16:48:11
Why all the discussion?

God is a construct of man's mind and therefore does exist to those that so believe.

To those that don't believe, he doesn't.

From your own book: Jeremiah 4:3

For thus says the LORD to the men of Judah and to Jerusalem, "Break up your fallow ground, And do not sow among thorns.

Deleted

#6New Post! Oct 02, 2011 @ 17:06:52
It's also impossible to prove a negative.. But since MCB is willfully ignorant of anything even remotely logical, he'll simply say that not being able to prove that god does not exist is proof that he does.

To which I'll ask him..

Prove that there are no flying monkeys on Mars.
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#7New Post! Oct 02, 2011 @ 17:20:04
The entire concept of God has been crafted specifically by mankind to be unprovable and unfalsifiable.

There is no way to prove God does or does not exist because the idea was designed to be that way.
DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#8New Post! Oct 02, 2011 @ 17:24:18
For those who are believers perhaps the best thing to do is Let Go and Let God be your mouthpiece. Stop trying so hard to find the lost sheep, or to convert the lost souls. When you are ready in your heart, and in your mind and soul, when you are truly one with God and the synergy is total - then God will work through you .... and everything you say and do .... to open the eyes and ears of the nonbelievers. When HE IS READY, when HE knows you are ready, then He will work HIS miracles through you. HE will make it impossible for the lost horse (dehydrated horse) not to drink from their own free will when they are at the well of spiritual everlasting life.
JorieJukebox On April 24, 2024

Right Here, Not There,
#9New Post! Oct 02, 2011 @ 17:39:56
It's kind of amusing... You're asking for all this proof, but all you can provide are your beliefs. YOU prove something.
galastaray On June 08, 2016
honey bucket

Deleted

Honey Bucket, Reunion
#10New Post! Oct 02, 2011 @ 17:41:30
Can you prove that there isn't a flying pink elephant behind your right now? No. But why do you still exist that there isn't one? It's the same concept.
restoreone On January 30, 2022

, Ohio
#11New Post! Oct 02, 2011 @ 17:43:28
I have heard atheists and all others religions use GD as a common curse word so there must be something there.
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#12New Post! Oct 02, 2011 @ 17:44:43
MCB has made it abundantly clear that the only reason he believes in God is because it's the only way he can make sense of reality.

Some of us aren't so self-centered as to think that the universe has to be structured around what makes us feel good.
DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#13New Post! Oct 02, 2011 @ 17:47:15
Does anyone believe in miracles,
or is it just a coincidence?
restoreone On January 30, 2022

, Ohio
#14New Post! Oct 02, 2011 @ 17:55:02
@DuLu Said

Does anyone believe in miracles,
or is it just a coincidence?

I am hoping for a miracle but know this will not happen.

Banned

#15New Post! Oct 02, 2011 @ 17:56:39
@jonnythan Said

MCB has made it abundantly clear that the only reason he believes in God is because it's the only way he can make sense of reality.

Some of us aren't so self-centered as to think that the universe has to be structured around what makes me feel good.

I never said it made me feel good, in fact at first it didn't. Very much the opposite because it shattered some very fondly held beliefs.

Nor did I say the only reason I believe in the bible is because it is the only way I could make sense of the world, though I admit it makes more sense to ma than any other.

Please when trying to put others off reading what I write stick to the truth at least. Even better, credit them with the intelligence to make up their own minds. I do.

If I were self centred I would keep the knowledgeable I have been able to collect to myself rather than try to share it with others and expose myself to the attacks from others who are either to self important to too scared to look at the evidence with truly open minds and honest hearts.. Ironically I have jsut discovered a book which was written by an much more educated man than I, but apparently with a similar life history to mine, especially when it comes from the transition from atheist to believer, so I have ordered a copy from Amazon.

The book is entitled "A Skeptic's Search for God" by Ralph O. Muncaster, and a book review of it can be found here should anyone be open minded enough to read it. https://www.bibleone.net/print_SF1.html. I bought mine from Amazon and I can hardly wait to get it.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs