Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
hazuki0chan On July 18, 2012
Zombie Slayer

San Francisco, California
#1New Post! Sep 18, 2009 @ 15:06:33
Article Here.

LONDON ? Giving contraceptives to people in developing countries could help fight climate change by slowing population growth, experts said Friday.

More than 200 million women worldwide want contraceptives, but don't have access to them, according to an editorial published in the British medical journal, Lancet. That results in 76 million unintended pregnancies every year.

If those women had access to free condoms or other birth control methods, that could slow rates of population growth, possibly easing the pressure on the environment, the editors say.
----------------------------------------

Huh....
I guess those of us who're on birth control are actually doing our part.
incognito On February 26, 2010
Giddy In The Pants

Deleted

, Canada
#2New Post! Sep 18, 2009 @ 15:15:38
Neat perspective.
WASH On June 04, 2012

LINCOLN, California
#3New Post! Sep 18, 2009 @ 17:53:52
@Hazuki0chan Said

Article Here.

LONDON ? Giving contraceptives to people in developing countries could help fight climate change by slowing population growth, experts said Friday.

More than 200 million women worldwide want contraceptives, but don't have access to them, according to an editorial published in the British medical journal, Lancet. That results in 76 million unintended pregnancies every year.

If those women had access to free condoms or other birth control methods, that could slow rates of population growth, possibly easing the pressure on the environment, the editors say.

Huh....

Those editors are right on! That problem is one the U. N. can control.
El_Tino On October 12, 2023
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#4New Post! Sep 18, 2009 @ 21:14:37
Didn't you know, god hates birth control.
rocket48 On May 23, 2013

, Texas
#5New Post! Sep 19, 2009 @ 00:02:21
@Hazuki0chan Said

Article Here.

Huh....

Yeah, why can't fly over and dropped cartons of condoms, and put it on the tax payers expense. That's the American way.
buffalobill90 On July 12, 2013
Powered by tea

Viaticum, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Sep 19, 2009 @ 00:12:59
@Hazuki0chan Said

Article Here.

Huh....

What kind of "expert" recommends genocide as a method of preventing climate change? What a complete load of s***. Not only is it ineffective since people in developing countries generally have insubstantial carbon footprints, it shows complete ignorance as to the nature of society and family in LEDCs. It actually seems quite sinister, that they would propse such a measure.
Powered by tea

Viaticum, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Sep 19, 2009 @ 00:16:08
Controlling the spread of sexually transmitted infections, yes. Controlling the spread of poor people... wtf.

People in developing societies depend on children for economic sustenance. Having a family is essential to bring money in and have someone to care for you when you become an elderly dependent. In MEDCs, having children is an expensive tradition; in LEDCs, it's a financial practicality.
hazuki0chan On July 18, 2012
Zombie Slayer

San Francisco, California
#8New Post! Sep 19, 2009 @ 18:12:12
@buffalobill90 Said

What kind of "expert" recommends genocide as a method of preventing climate change? What a complete load of s***. Not only is it ineffective since people in developing countries generally have insubstantial carbon footprints, it shows complete ignorance as to the nature of society and family in LEDCs. It actually seems quite sinister, that they would propse such a measure.

Just explain to me why you think it's genocide.... is it because it prevents women from getting pregnant? You have a really primitive way of thinking, ya know.

Controlling birth rates will actually make it easier on the planet. You don't need to be an expert to be able to know that. Besides, easy for you to say... you're not the one who has to get all big and risk your life for 9 months.
Lili On July 12, 2019

Sunshine Land,
#9New Post! Sep 19, 2009 @ 18:16:38
@rocket48 Said

Yeah, why can't fly over and dropped cartons of condoms, and put it on the tax payers expense. That's the American way.

I know, we all know that overpopulation, children starving every day, massive poverty and disease from over population...is a much smaller problem than *gasp* PAYING TAXES!!! Good job keeping your priorities straight.
Darroll On April 26, 2012

salem, Oregon
#10New Post! Sep 19, 2009 @ 19:15:11
We are having global cooling.
This will cause more snuggling, we are doomed.
rocket48 On May 23, 2013

, Texas
#11New Post! Sep 19, 2009 @ 20:04:11
@Lili Said

I know, we all know that overpopulation, children starving every day, massive poverty and disease from over population...is a much smaller problem than *gasp* PAYING TAXES!!! Good job keeping your priorities straight.

I am sorry to see that you missed the sarcasm. When the U.S. was going to bomb Afghanistan,they flew over and dropped food and notes allowing the citizens ample time to take cover. The liberals were concerned about how much they would have to pay in taxes for our country keeping us safe from the terrorists. Seemed fitting to say drop condoms and tax us for it.
Tako_400 On April 19, 2010
Keep Ya' Head Up

Deleted

Beirut, Lebanon
#12New Post! Sep 19, 2009 @ 20:08:47
Anything that would mean less of us would help this world.