Banning dollar stores

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#1New Post! Jul 20, 2019 @ 14:46:41
Banning Dollar General

I don't quite get it.

How can cities legislate against a particular business?

If one business model drives prices down, why isn't that good for consumers?

I understand the "food desert" predicament, but banning discount retailers doesn't seem to be the right solution.

Even if the discounters left, do you think higher priced retailers will waltz into a lower-income neighborhood and expect to thrive?
Is it fair to the consumers?
It's like you are forcing them to spend more.

Dollar General, Big Lots/Odd Lots, and we have a few local "discounters" that have found a model where they can provide lower cost products, and gain a customer base that isn't as concerned with gorgeous presentation, or valet parking, or a complimentary mint when you go shopping.

There is (was) a related link to an article about Aldi's.
We've started shopping some at Aldi's.
Not everything is the same, and we split between them and a "traditional" grocer, but they do have better pricing on a lot of products.
Darkman666 On 44 minutes ago

Saint Louis, Missouri
#2New Post! Jul 20, 2019 @ 18:07:24
I found that dollar tree stores are better than the rest of dollar stores. I found than stick more with the dollar items, when you go in their stores. like dollar general found their prices are more higher than a dollar, more overprice anything.

dollar trees has a lot of varies items that it worth going to. most of like dollar stores only will supply so much in one of a kind items, it they sell out. some time, they will order more or most of the company not profit on them, they discontinue it.

I don't see the big deal with Walmart, they are the biggest dollar store in the usa, so wrong with other name stores get profit?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs