Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 · >>
Should we legalize Mary Jane?
Hell yea!
No I say to that
View Results
calonso On January 16, 2014

Orlando, Florida
#1New Post! Nov 08, 2010 @ 21:38:59
This if for all that "hoop la" that marijuana is a gate way drug.

The duch authorities believe they can stop marijuana from becoming a gate way to hard drugs by decriminalizing it and controlling its distribution. Holland has 85% less hard drug overdoses than the U.S and the lowest rate in Europe. - National Geographic, Drugs inc. marijuana

Criminalizing marijuana has never been in the interest of the people, therefore it should be unlawful to criminalize the people for using it even if for recreational purposes, especially when trully dangerous substances like alcohol and cigarettes are perfectly fine for recreation.

There are too many lies centered around keeping the people in fear of it and keeping it illegal. It is not wise and just legislation.

ssnot_me On February 01, 2016

big D, Texas
#2New Post! Nov 08, 2010 @ 21:40:35
i say yes to legalize it and tax the crap out of it.
eternus_somnium On April 14, 2021
clinically crackers

, United States (general)
#3New Post! Nov 08, 2010 @ 21:40:48
Well I don't really care about the thread, but I have to ask.. if this is "Another 'legalize marijuana' thread" why not just post it into one of the threads we already have, and get your yes/no answers from one of those as well?

Meh, you already pointed out your redundancy so I don't get it.
Wellard On April 29, 2012
ect.. .

Deleted

In your Mind, Cape Verde
#4New Post! Nov 08, 2010 @ 21:44:04

Orlando, Florida
#5New Post! Nov 08, 2010 @ 21:46:49
@eternus_somnium Said

Well I don't really care about the thread, but I have to ask.. if this is "Another 'legalize marijuana' thread" why not just post it into one of the threads we already have, and get your yes/no answers from one of those as well?

Meh, you already pointed out your redundancy so I don't get it.

I was stressing the point that we should learn from someone elses political strategem. It may be just another marijuana thread to you but someone else may also see the astonishing facts presented here. I was being sarcastic with the title.

Orlando, Florida
#6New Post! Nov 08, 2010 @ 21:50:03
@ssnot_me Said

could they really tax it? lets say if you were growing your own? I think they make more money off of it being illegal and that's what this is all about
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Nov 08, 2010 @ 21:50:08
@ssnot_me Said

This essentially sums up my opinion.
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#8New Post! Nov 08, 2010 @ 21:50:59
@calonso Said

I was stressing the point that we should learn from someone elses political strategem. It may be just another marijuana thread to you but someone else may also see the astonishing facts presented here. I was being sarcastic with the title.

I did see them. Thank you.

However, it is all pretty much just regurgitated information. It seems to me like everybody here has already made up their mind and probably aren't going to be swayed by something they read on a forum.
Not a dude.

Deleted

#9New Post! Nov 08, 2010 @ 21:51:27
@calonso Said

could they really tax it? lets say if you were growing your own? I think they make more money off of it being illegal and that's what this is all about

Of course they could tax it. Look what they do with tobacco and alcohol. Oh...not if you were growing your own though.

If you were making your own beer or wine it wouldn't be taxed.
Not a dude.

Deleted

#10New Post! Nov 08, 2010 @ 21:53:56
Let me expound on that...

If they were to legalize it, yes they would tax the heck out of it just like they do with tobacco and alcohol. If they were to do that, they would either: Prohibit people from growing it themselves (not likely), or make it illegal for you to sell without a license (kinda like certain kinds of mushrooms...not illegal to grow or eat, but illegal to distribute).

Orlando, Florida
#11New Post! Nov 08, 2010 @ 21:55:04
Does nobody see that criminalizing weed has increased the death toll in and incarceration in America and unto alot of innocent people. And you're treating this like it's not imparative we reconsider the bad legislation on this?

big D, Texas
#12New Post! Nov 08, 2010 @ 21:55:45
@calonso Said

do people grow their own tobacco or distill their own liquor? i am sure there would be a few people that would grow it illegally but why bother when you can buy it legally?

someone else already said that
Not a dude.

Deleted

#13New Post! Nov 08, 2010 @ 21:57:06
@ssnot_me Said

do people grow their own tobacco or distill their own liquor? i am sure there would be a few people that would grow it illegally but why bother when you can buy it legally?

someone else already said that

Hey, great minds think alike. Apparently, so do ours.

Orlando, Florida
#14New Post! Nov 08, 2010 @ 21:57:44
@someone_else Said

Let me expound on that...

If they were to legalize it, yes they would tax the heck out of it just like they do with tobacco and alcohol. If they were to do that, they would either: Prohibit people from growing it themselves (not likely), or make it illegal for you to sell without a license (kinda like certain kinds of mushrooms...not illegal to grow or eat, but illegal to distribute).

People would be growing their own then. Every neighbor would have their own home grown recepies. It would be like the garden of 'weeden'

big D, Texas
#15New Post! Nov 08, 2010 @ 21:58:11
@someone_else Said

Hey, great minds think alike. Apparently, so do ours.

don't accuse me of thinking!!!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs