Forums:
Health & Fitness

Abortion Pill for an Inactive Fetus

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
juxtaposinglives On July 03, 2010

, Iowa
#1New Post! Jun 26, 2010 @ 17:56:54
I have a bizarre situation. I went to France to marry my husband and while I was there I found out I was also pregnant. Since I intend on living there I went ahead and had the ultrasound but found out I was only 3 weeks pregnant. The doctor said the fetus was inactive but for some reason I did not have a miscarriage, it was just lying dormant. I immediately went to the hospital and they started me on the abortion pill Mifeprex (mifepristone) so I could expel the inactive fetus. I went two weeks later for my follow up ultrasound and when I arrived they did not have record of me having an appointment and would not see me. I was leaving that very weekend to come back to the US to get my visa. I decided since I would be in the US for only a month I would wait to have the ultrasound when I get back. I do not have health insurance in the US and things are much more affordable in France.

Last week I had some pain in my left ovary but nothing unbearable. Just a pinching feeling and everyone told me it was just ovulation. I have never actually felt myself ovulate before. The pain went away and it is time for my period to start. Last night I started to bleed a little but when I woke up this morning it had completely stopped.

The other thing I left out is that I had to start taking birth control but since I am in another country without my husband I stopped taking it. #1 I have a history of breast cancer in my family and #2 ALL birth controls give me violent headaches. This is something else I was told (not to just stop it mid month), is that is just messed up my body from stopping it suddenly.

I am just wondering what I should do at this point. I have 2 weeks until I go back to France and was wondering if I am in any danger of waiting to go back to have the ultrasound. I can't find any clear information online about this. Since they said it was already inactive there could be no chance of it growing if the pill did not work???

If you know anything at all please help!!!!
GSnap On March 02, 2019

Over the Rainbow,
#2New Post! Jun 26, 2010 @ 18:07:59
I think you should see an ob/gyn pronto. It might be nothing but you could get a very serious life threatening infection if everything did not purge itself completely from your body.

It just warrants a check up.
hedkandi1984_21 On July 23, 2013

London, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Jun 26, 2010 @ 18:33:30
I agree with GSnap. You should go to someone and tell them everything you just told us!

, Iowa
#4New Post! Jun 26, 2010 @ 18:57:51
Since it is the weekend and nothing is open I will go to the emergency room in the morning. I think that is my best bet. I hope anyways.
GSnap On March 02, 2019

Over the Rainbow,
#5New Post! Jun 26, 2010 @ 20:31:30
@juxtaposinglives Said

Since it is the weekend and nothing is open I will go to the emergency room in the morning. I think that is my best bet. I hope anyways.

If you get any sharp or sudden pain, or a fever, DON'T wait until Monday morning. And if you are ok this weekend and wait until Monday, i wouldn't advise an ER. They are horribly expensive, and even if you have insurance why over inflate the bill (people going to ER vs a doctor is one of many reasons insurance rates continue to soar). I would instead try to find a doctor's office to go to. You will get better care than going to an ER and your wait won't be nearly as long.
bella_vita On September 23, 2010

Deleted

All over,
#6New Post! Jun 26, 2010 @ 21:56:45
@juxtaposinglives Said

You could also try calling a doctor/nurse and asking their opinion. I hope everything turns out fine for you.

, Iowa
#7New Post! Jul 03, 2010 @ 05:03:20
Just to let everyone know...

I ended up passing clots before I went to the doctor. It was not painful and I did not feel sick. I however did recognize a baby as one of those clots, and it had grown since I took that pill (which is NOT supposed to happen not to mention the doctor said it was not living in the first place). So the mystery will never be solved as to whether I passed one the first time as well and it was twins or this was it. It is impossible that I have gotten pregnant again since then.

Just be advised when a doctor tells you your fetus is inactive and have your follow up ultrasound if you take Mifesteprone!

Emotionally I am fine, but I know a lot of women could be affected by such a thing. If this happens to you, have two opinions first.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs