Politics

10 drink windshield wiper fluid at Ark. day care

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
iwannano On May 19, 2010
Mountain William

Deleted

#1New Post! Mar 13, 2009 @ 19:16:27
Thank Goodness the children will be okay !!!

Quote:
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) ? Ten children at a day care center drank windshield wiper fluid after a staffer served it from a container mistaken for Kool-Aid and placed in a refrigerator, authorities said Friday

Quote:
The windshield wiper fluid was bought with several other items on a recent shopping trip, James told The Associated Press. "This product was mistakenly grabbed and thought to be Kool-Aid and put in the refrigerator," she said.

Unless the same person
1, did the shopping
2, put away and stored the items bought
3, served the wiper fluid
there had to be at least 2 or even 3 people that could have /should have caught the mistake of the wiper fluid being stored in the fridge . The article doesn't say .
Am I just nit picking when I assume someone would read the 'BIG ' label on the bottle before serving something ??

I found 2 images of bottles of wiper fluid for my own fyi just to see how much like kool aid a bottle of the stuff would resemble.

https://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5i4aZPOJNx3m5mN5nW5N1KhFbm4mQD96T9NA00
iwannano On May 19, 2010
Mountain William

Deleted

#3New Post! Mar 13, 2009 @ 19:38:17
@slowwalk Said

Whoever served these children this is a total f***ing moron and should not be aloud to care for children! It wasnt the octomom was it? She is a dumbass capable of doing such a thing.

No, octomom is in Calf. and this happened in Little Rock Ark. but I agree that the staffer that served the 'kool aid' wiper fluid and the octomom seem to be on the same level when it come to being morons.
buffalobill90 On July 12, 2013
Powered by tea

Viaticum, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Mar 13, 2009 @ 19:38:29
What the hell is Kool-Aid? Sounds like a funky charity gig.

Those two bottles of wiper fluid do actually look like soft drinks, though. In any case, I've worked in kitchens before and either the employers or employees are completely liable, depending whether the employees received health and safety training. Non-food items should never be stored in the same place as food items, especially not in the fridge; either the staff are very lazy or the management gave them no training.
smallBUTTerflies On January 07, 2020
Weaker than homeopat

Plymouth,
#5New Post! Mar 13, 2009 @ 20:08:21
Jeez...

Ever heard of a fecking label?
trillian On May 06, 2010

derbyshire, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Mar 13, 2009 @ 20:35:55
kool aid is a drink i have read it in books written by american authors. we would just call it pop over here in england.
surely someone can read??? wiper fluid usually smells obnoxious too. i think they need suspending pending further investigation. a little bit of munchausens by proxy????
RobbyF On November 11, 2016

Silver Spring, Maryland
#7New Post! Mar 13, 2009 @ 20:38:25
I just heard about this on the news!! Thats insane!! Idk how windshield washer tastes but antifreeze is REAL sweet and deadly. It would have been REAL bad if they somehow ingested that!
iwannano On May 19, 2010
Mountain William

Deleted

#8New Post! Mar 13, 2009 @ 20:48:06
@buffalobill90 Said

What the hell is Kool-Aid? Sounds like a funky charity gig.

Those two bottles of wiper fluid do actually look like soft drinks, though. In any case, I've worked in kitchens before and either the employers or employees are completely liable, depending whether the employees received health and safety training. Non-food items should never be stored in the same place as food items, especially not in the fridge; either the staff are very lazy or the management gave them no training.

I have worked in kitchens and it's a standard 'rule' that you check and double check what you are using so you don't use 'season salt' in your cinnamon rolls, and there are posters on the walls about how to store chemicals , there is just so many things so wrong with this . It would seem the 'staffer' who served the kids should be able to read well enough to have filled out a job application there fore 'read a label' ..
iwannano On May 19, 2010
Mountain William

Deleted

#9New Post! Mar 13, 2009 @ 20:49:20
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kool_aid

https://www.kraftcanada.com/en/Products/J-L/Kool-AidBeverages.aspx

It's a soft drink that comes as a powder and you mix it with sugar and 2 quarts water. now days it can be purchased pre mixed . But it does not come in a bottle that looks anything at all like those bottles of wiper fluid.
I don't know if what ya'll call pop and what we call it is the same , but kool aid is called a soft drink because there isn't any of the 'fizz' pop ( coke cola) has

btw,,
I never figured how difficult trying to explain something as simple as kool aid could be,,,
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs