Forcing Schools in Victoria - No say Mum or Dad

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
cobber On July 22, 2006

Deleted
Banned

Rockhampton, Australia
#1New Post! Jun 11, 2006 @ 10:32:25
VICTORIAN schools are being advised to dump the words "mother" and "father" by a controversial new teachers manual that promotes the cause of same-sex parents.

Out of sensitivity to same-sex parent families, teachers should use "parent" or "carer" instead, the manual states.
Schools should also put up posters of gay celebrities in schools and not use gender-specific toys, the free Learn to Include teacher's manual urges.

It also suggests pupils as young as five should act out scenarios in which they have two mums and have discussions about discrimination.

https://heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,19353137%255E2862,00.html
cobber On July 22, 2006

Deleted
Banned

Rockhampton, Australia
#2New Post! Jun 11, 2006 @ 10:33:49
I couldn't give a s*** what people do in their lives. To expect kids as young as 5 years old to act out homosexuality is disgusting. Hell, acting out any sexuality at the age of 5 is disgusting.

There go the chances to let kids be kids.
osm On March 18, 2016
Kiwi!

Wellington, New Zealand
#3New Post! Jun 11, 2006 @ 10:35:08
cobber, stop digging up this s***
unspokenwords On October 16, 2019

#4New Post! Jun 11, 2006 @ 10:38:35
wow.. first they wanna get rid of using the pledge in the USA every morning.. then you can't say Merry Xmas and now it has been changed to Happy hoildays. Now you can't say mother or father!! Gay or not everyone either has a mother or father or someone who they look up to as one!!!
cobber On July 22, 2006

Deleted
Banned

Rockhampton, Australia
#5New Post! Jun 11, 2006 @ 10:40:56
I heard of this request with the mum and dad thing and thought it was just a small group of people only to find out that it is not.

C'mon, this has to be raised and discussed. It is topical and can get a bit heated I admit but this is not a reason to hide from. Timidness only makes us worse off.

Again, I don't care about people sexual practices. Couldn't give a flying s***. To put this stuff on kids is repulsive and I hope it will backfire on them.
osm On March 18, 2016
Kiwi!

Wellington, New Zealand
#6New Post! Jun 11, 2006 @ 10:41:01
I will say this again. Political correctness is like a troll. The more we retaliate, the more fuel we add to the fire. It will go away eventually, so sit tight!

#7New Post! Jun 11, 2006 @ 10:45:46
I remeber when they changed the name of french fries here to freedom fries because they weren't french or something? that's didn't last long!!

oh yeah and a Christmas tree you can't call it that anymore now they say holiday tree!! Kinda pissing me off thinking about this!!

"not use gender-specific toys" I didn't see that..wow these things have gone way to far!!!
cobber On July 22, 2006

Deleted
Banned

Rockhampton, Australia
#8New Post! Jun 11, 2006 @ 10:47:42
@unspokenwords Said
I remeber when they changed the name of french fries here to freedom fries because they weren't french or something? that's didn't last long!!

oh yeah and a Christmas tree you can't call it that anymore now they say holiday tree!! Kinda pissing me off thinking about this!!

"not use gender-specific toys" I didn't see that..wow these things have gone way to far!!!

Call em what you want, luv!

Did they know that French Fry is the style of cut to the potatoe and there is nothing French about it?

#9New Post! Jun 11, 2006 @ 10:54:36
@cobber Said
Call em what you want, luv!

Did they know that French Fry is the style of cut to the potatoe and there is nothing French about it?

sorry for hi-jacking your thread!! just a few things came to mind since you brong that up and I looked it up ..this is the real reason...

""Freedom fries" was a short-lived name used by some in the United States for French fries. The "freedom fries" affair was an example of anti-French sentiment in the United States. In the international debate over the decision to launch the 2003 invasion of Iraq, France expressed strong opposition in the United Nations to taking such action. The French position was not popular among conservatives in the United States, leading some Republicans to campaign for the boycotting of French goods and businesses and the removal of the country's name from products."

Oh the message was sent through the french fry.. haha I knew it was something like that!

#10New Post! Jun 11, 2006 @ 10:55:03
anyways back to what the thread is about...!!
glitter_sniffer On August 25, 2015
Om nom nom

Glasgow, United Kingdom
#11New Post! Jun 11, 2006 @ 10:55:27
"not use gender-specific toys"

What is honestly the point in that? So because boys can't play with action mena nd girls can't play with barbies that sorts out the "problem" with gay parents?

I'm honestly not seeing the relevance.
Let kids play & say what they want.

As for ruling out "mother & father"...Bulls***. Why must they remove a gender from everything for fear of being a sexist.
If a child has too mother's or two father's they will know not to call one of them dad or mom. The kid will learn for him/herself.

Next thing you know they'll be changing the "sex talk" and making it the "creation of life between two undiferentiated adults"
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Jun 11, 2006 @ 12:20:22
well i have nothing against it, in modern times many people live with gay parents and i think promoting it in school normalises homosexuality. Gayness is one of the few prejudices still very common.
becki7 On July 28, 2006

Australia
#13New Post! Jun 11, 2006 @ 14:13:52
Well look I do think there needs to be some sort of education about this - for other pupils who arn't familiar with those different family situations so they are more aware and can deal with this.
cobber On July 22, 2006

Deleted
Banned

Rockhampton, Australia
#14New Post! Jun 11, 2006 @ 14:14:57
@becki7 Said
Well look I do think there needs to be some sort of education about this - for other pupils who arn't familiar with those different family situations so they are more aware and can deal with this.

Not taken to this extreme.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs