Forums: Entertainment:
Television

America's Got Talent fraud

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
JR_Sanford On August 02, 2017

Portland (St. Johns), Oregon
#1New Post! Jun 06, 2012 @ 16:55:58
Contestant Tim Poe faked his stuttering to pull at the hearts of the audience and judges. What a FAKER!

J.R.
DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#2New Post! Jun 06, 2012 @ 17:16:55
I am going to wait until there is concrete proof before I call him a fraud but I will say this, I watched him on AGT the night he was on and I almost wept with his story. I sent the link to friends about what an amazing man he was and my heart went out to him and all he had been through.

If this is a fraud, who the f*** lies about being a war hero and having brain trauma. If he is a fraud, I hope there is something that can be done. It takes away from real war hero's and any help they might get.

I did find it interesting at the time and maybe it now makes more sense with this story, if it is true. After his audition, he was talking to the host Nick Cannon. He said many complete sentences with no stuttering and Nick Cannon said to him, do you realize, that all you just said now, you never stuttered once. He replied he was not aware he had no stuttered.

I am not a doctor and know very little about stuttering but I thought perhaps it was possible for someone to go a few sentences with no stuttering or that stuttering would be worse if nervous. But maybe him not stuttering was a give away he was faking. IDK but its horrible if he is lying and this needs to be fully investigated.
IndieMonet727 On October 23, 2016

, Texas
#3New Post! Jun 06, 2012 @ 20:08:34
I mean, there are some sentences a person who stutters can say, without stuttering, depending on how bad it is.

Did the guy get through?
ArmourOfGod On September 29, 2013

Banned

, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Jun 06, 2012 @ 20:10:57
lynch the B @st@ rd!!!!!

, Canada
#5New Post! Jun 06, 2012 @ 21:07:46
@IndieMonet727 Said

I mean, there are some sentences a person who stutters can say, without stuttering, depending on how bad it is.

Did the guy get through?

The crowd was on their feet. They were chanting USA! USA! and the audience was moved to tears as I am sure most viewers were. Te judges called him a hero and thanked him for his service and he was put through to go to Vegas round.

When he came out, he was stuttering every sentence, it was a very bad stutter, he was hardly able to get one word out with no stutter and my heart broke for the guy. That's why it was odd after that he said many sentences with no stutter. It could be nothing and just a coincidence I am now linking because he is an alleged fraud. I thought at the time it was perhaps due to his nerves being not as high as I was under the impression someone who stutters gets worse with stress and anxiety filled situation.

It was just weird that every couple words were stuttered then after he was put through, his stutter was gone, in the post interview and as I said, even the host, Nick Cannon, pointed out his stutter was gone.

It was one of those things that are odd but now makes sense if he is a fraud.

His ex wife is saying she never heard him stutter before, he got another woman pregnant when she was station in Iraq and she had him arrested and jailed for domestic assault.

Now, he had his finance with him, Carrie, when he was auditioning. So is she in on it and if not, how could she be fooled?
sTreetAngeL On January 24, 2022
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#6New Post! Jun 07, 2012 @ 14:50:05
It's terrible to plant the seed of poison with no actual proof; that sort of thing tends to stay with people and a permanant shadow of doubt cast.

Having said that... Don't they have to be in tip top form to be accepted into the service/combat? I'd think that would include being able to perfectly communicate, 'especially' during a war time situation...

I know if I were over there fighting, and someone tossed a grenade near me and I didn't see it, I'd want my fellow servicemen whom are nearby and able to see it to be able to convey to me 'quickly' to get the f*** out of the way.

, Canada
#7New Post! Jun 07, 2012 @ 22:46:05
@sTreetAngeL Said

It's terrible to plant the seed of poison with no actual proof; that sort of thing tends to stay with people and a permanant shadow of doubt cast.

Having said that... Don't they have to be in tip top form to be accepted into the service/combat? I'd think that would include being able to perfectly communicate, 'especially' during a war time situation...

I know if I were over there fighting, and someone tossed a grenade near me and I didn't see it, I'd want my fellow servicemen whom are nearby and able to see it to be able to convey to me 'quickly' to get the f*** out of the way.

He was fine when he was in the service. Its while he was in Afghanistan that he is alleging that he suffered the brain injury that left him with that stutter.

The National Guard has released comments that say according to Poe's record, he was in service for 9 years and not the 14 he said and they have no reports of him ever being hit with a grenade and this is the first they are hearing of it.

Also, if his story was true, the National Guard is saying he would have gotten a Purple Heart and he is not on the list of being a receiptient of that.

TMZ asked him for proof of his injuries and he said he was not able to release any medical information to back this up or his service record, due to legal issues.

National Guard is saying the service record they have for him does not reflect the story he is telling so now I would think if I were him, I would release my medical reports to show I am telling the truth.

And it was confirmed the photo Poe submitted of him in combat for the show was not him and the person it really was is seeking legal advice and AGT contacted the person who was really in the photo and apologized and said they acted in good faith and they are so sorry for airing the photo in error.

Poe will not comment but his fiance said he sent in the wrong photo by accident. This is the second time he sent someone that photo of someone else saying it was him in combat, in error.
Dark_Tink On December 30, 2018
<3 Boobie <3

, Canada
#8New Post! Jun 07, 2012 @ 23:04:23
If he lied, that is just deplorable.

I know for me, my stutter is terrible when in an excitable situation or when I am very nervous.

For me, if I were to be in his shoes, even AFTER the performance, I would still have a stutter, since I would be all hyped up. I'd be around strangers, so there is no way I wouldn't be stuttering...but that just me.

If he is found out to be a fraud, I hope he gets what coming to him. That '15min of fame' that is NOT pleasant.

, Canada
#9New Post! Jun 07, 2012 @ 23:35:18
I thought there was some sort of law in America where if you lie about receiving a military award, lie about being in military or lie about a war injury, it was punishable with a prison sentence. I could be wrong but I thought I read that was an American law. So if this is not true, can anything happen to him legally.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs