Religion & Philosophy

For Their Beliefs

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5
DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#61New Post! Mar 17, 2012 @ 21:52:15
It should be pretty simple. Some people think there is a God, some people think there is no God. We have no idea 100% proof positive either way. Talk, discuss, debate the topic but do not make anyone wrong for thinking there is or is not a God.

I have found no one really cares or as at me that I think there is a God and say as much when relevant to the topic to say that.

Then again, I do not judge for their beliefs when it does not agree with mine, I do not tell anyone to think my way and I am most respectful. You get back what you put out.

I respect any one who thinks there is no God or any religion, as long as its not hurting anyone. There is not right and there is no wrong and we do not have 100% proof of anything.

I think if I acted the way some on here do, I would not have people be as nice to me about my belief in God because some of the people on here, they give me a headache and make me tune them out.
xLETHAL_VIXENx On January 22, 2015
Logical Alien

Your pants, United States (gen
#62New Post! Mar 17, 2012 @ 22:34:29
@Reviso Said

Respect; R-E-S-P-E-C-T; what do those worlds mean to Thee? In a Brave New World; It is not respect as much as contradiction for " rocking the free World "

What is that word? I've never heard or seen it before. :p
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#63New Post! Mar 18, 2012 @ 03:33:58
@MadCornishBiker Said

Wrong again. Oh dear you really do not know your bible do you.

For a start false gods are not gods that do not exist, rather they are gods that should not be worshipped (apparently demons in fact). If they did not exist, the bible would not name any, and it does name some.

John 1:17 These things I command YOU, that YOU love one another. 18 If the world hates YOU, YOU know that it has hated me before it hated YOU. 19 If YOU were part of the world, the world would be fond of what is its own. Now because YOU are no part of the world, but I have chosen YOU out of the world, on this account the world hates YOU

Surely for Christ to take his followers out of the world they have to be taken in to something?

1 Peter 2:17 "Honour [men] of all sorts, have love for the whole association of brothers, be in fear of God, have honor for the king."

Does not the phrase "whole association of brothers" indicate some kind of organisation? It does to me.

1 Peter 5:9 "But take YOUR stand against him, solid in the faith, knowing that the same things in the way of sufferings are being accomplished in the entire association of YOUR brothers in the world"

The group, the whole association of Brothers" at the time became known as Christians, and they were definitely organised hence the referral to the "Apostles and Older men in Jerusalem" to have disputes settled.

https://www.watchtower.org/e/bible/ac/chapter_015.htm read the whole thing to get the full picture.

Hebrews 10:24,25 And let us consider one another to incite to love and fine works, 25 not forsaking the gathering of ourselves together, as some have the custom, but encouraging one another, and all the more so as YOU behold the day drawing near

Does that not suggest regular meetings?

God has always had an organisation on earth, either developed or developing. The original was the Nation of Israel, and it was them that were replaced by the Christian Congregation. The fact that teh Christina Congregation were to be considered a nation was attested to in various ways.

Firstly prophetically by Jesus himself in his illustration of the vineyard, spoken to, and apparently understood by the Pharisees, as recorded at Matthew 21:33 "Hear another illustration: There was a man, a householder, who planted a vineyard and put a fence around it and dug a winepress in it and erected a tower, and let it out to cultivators, and traveled abroad. 34 When the season of the fruits came around, he dispatched his slaves to the cultivators to get his fruits. 35 However, the cultivators took his slaves, and one they beat up, another they killed, another they stoned. 36 Again he dispatched other slaves, more than the first, but they did the same to these. 37 Lastly he dispatched his son to them, saying, ‘They will respect my son.’ 38 On seeing the son the cultivators said among themselves, ‘This is the heir; come, let us kill him and get his inheritance!’ 39 So they took him and threw him out of the vineyard and killed him. 40 Therefore, when the owner of the vineyard comes, what will he do to those cultivators?” 41 They said to him: “Because they are evil, he will bring an evil destruction upon them and will let out the vineyard to other cultivators, who will render him the fruits when they become due.”
42 Jesus said to them: “Did YOU never read in the Scriptures, ‘The stone that the builders rejected is the one that has become the chief cornerstone. From Jehovah this has come to be, and it is marvelous in our eyes’? 43 This is why I say to YOU, The kingdom of God will be taken from YOU and be given to a nation producing its fruits. 44 Also, the person falling upon this stone will be shattered. As for anyone upon whom it falls, it will pulverize him.”
45 Now when the chief priests and the Pharisees had heard his illustrations, they took note that he was speaking about them. 46 But, although they were seeking to seize him, they feared the crowds, because these held him to be a prophet."

That nation turned out to be the Christian Congregation, which Paul also referred to as the "New Israel" or the Israel of God".

When you become a Christian you accept Christ, not only as your saviour, but as your reigning king, thus this "nation", this "whole association" of brothers becomes a unified "nation" under one king.

As always the bible makes its own meanings clear provided you are prepared to check things out thoroughly.

Please forget all the nonsense rhetoric, and answer directly and concisely: where exactly in the bible does it specify a specific group (by the name of the group). Where does the bible say that JWs are the only acceptable Christians .... Be specific and stop interpreting... Just give the passage that specifies the "correct" form of Christianity BY NAME.
EoWyN On April 01, 2015
Lucky Me!

Deleted

Under your bed,
#64New Post! Mar 18, 2012 @ 04:11:19
I really really just need to tolerate them I guess. Though it is tough to do. I just have to do it. other people have other ideas and I must accept that. Oh well it happens
MadCornishBiker On January 14, 2014

Banned

St Columb Road, United Kingdom
#65New Post! Mar 18, 2012 @ 07:52:02
@chaski Said

Please forget all the nonsense rhetoric, and answer directly and concisely: where exactly in the bible does it specify a specific group (by the name of the group). Where does the bible say that JWs are the only acceptable Christians .... Be specific and stop interpreting... Just give the passage that specifies the "correct" form of Christianity BY NAME.

It would be rather difficult for the bible ton ame the JWs specifically, however it give us the signs we need to identify them. As Jesus said, the kingdom would be given to "a nation bearing it's fruits" the only people who are currently doing that are the JWs.

Like the Pharisees of Jesus day, no other sign than that will be given you, since no other sign is needed.

You are another of those people who expect God to hand you it on a plate. He will not do so, neither should HE,The promise He has made to all those who put their trust in Him is worth all the effort we can make and more besides.

As I repeatedly say, and demonstrate. Use the bible to interpret the bible and you will not fail to learn the truth.

Every scripture I showed you, or pointed you to, indicates that there is an organisation, and since in all His history God has never used more than one it is up to us to sort out the real from the fake. It is also up to us to get that choice right. The clues are all there. Use them. It is more than worth what little effort it takes.

Don't be a "Pharisee" and insist on a sign. The signs are all there, and no more are needed.

Remember Hebrews 4:12 "For the word of God is alive and exerts power and is sharper than any two-edged sword and pierces even to the dividing of soul and spirit, and of joints and [their] marrow, and [is] able to discern thoughts and intentions of [the] heart".

That highlighted bit is the point. Is your heart genuinely seeking the truth, or is it simply after what it wants? The bible will reveal that, both to you and God, and does. I've passed that test, can you?
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#66New Post! Mar 18, 2012 @ 14:08:40
@MadCornishBiker Said

It would be rather difficult for the bible ton ame the JWs specifically, however it give us the signs we need to identify them. As Jesus said, the kingdom would be given to "a nation bearing it's fruits" the only people who are currently doing that are the JWs.

Like the Pharisees of Jesus day, no other sign than that will be given you, since no other sign is needed.

You are another of those people who expect God to hand you it on a plate. He will not do so, neither should HE,The promise He has made to all those who put their trust in Him is worth all the effort we can make and more besides.

As I repeatedly say, and demonstrate. Use the bible to interpret the bible and you will not fail to learn the truth.

Every scripture I showed you, or pointed you to, indicates that there is an organisation, and since in all His history God has never used more than one it is up to us to sort out the real from the fake. It is also up to us to get that choice right. The clues are all there. Use them. It is more than worth what little effort it takes.

Don't be a "Pharisee" and insist on a sign. The signs are all there, and no more are needed.

Remember Hebrews 4:12 "For the word of God is alive and exerts power and is sharper than any two-edged sword and pierces even to the dividing of soul and spirit, and of joints and [their] marrow, and [is] able to discern thoughts and intentions of [the] heart".

That highlighted bit is the point. Is your heart genuinely seeking the truth, or is it simply after what it wants? The bible will reveal that, both to you and God, and does. I've passed that test, can you?

You could have saved youself the time and water words and just admitted that I was correct.

But, you arrogance will not allow it.

Pride and arrogance..... Two of Satan's favorite sins.

MadCornishBiker On January 14, 2014

Banned

St Columb Road, United Kingdom
#67New Post! Mar 18, 2012 @ 15:40:50
@chaski Said

You could have saved youself the time and water words and just admitted that I was correct.

But, you arrogance will not allow it.

Pride and arrogance..... Two of Satan's favorite sins.

To have said you were right would have been to lie, and if I can't do that go get back into God's organisation I certainly can't do so to please you.

As I have said before, they fit all the requirements, and that is all you need.

Yes,and two you display frequently, and to a high degree, lol, (3 finger rule, remember) it is not me that is either right or wrong, it is God that is right and you wrong, and ever will be so unless you wake up. As Paul said "Let God be proved true even though all men be proved liars."
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#68New Post! Mar 18, 2012 @ 23:06:50
@MadCornishBiker Said

To have said you were right would have been to lie, and if I can't do that go get back into God's organisation I certainly can't do so to please you.

As I have said before, they fit all the requirements, and that is all you need.

Yes,and two you display frequently, and to a high degree, lol, (3 finger rule, remember) it is not me that is either right or wrong, it is God that is right and you wrong, and ever will be so unless you wake up. As Paul said "Let God be proved true even though all men be proved liars."

So... where in the bible does is specify a specific christian sect?

No INTERPRETATIONS, no double speak... answer the question simply.... or does the bible not specify a specific christian sect? NO LONG ANSWERS....
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs