The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Religion & Philosophy

Is a religion based on human sacrifice moral and ethical?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...13 14 15
MadCornishBiker On January 14, 2014

Banned

St Columb Road, United Kingdom
#211New Post! Jan 12, 2012 @ 17:33:24
@Wheezy_Knight Said

1 Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the LORD God had made. He said to the woman, “Did God really say, ‘You must not eat from any tree in the garden’?”

2 The woman said to the serpent, “We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden,

3 but God did say, ‘You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.’”

4 “You will not certainly die,” the serpent said to the woman.

5 “For God knows that when you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”

Wheezy Knight
Chapter 1
verse whatever

1:And lo! had God not lied to his creations, for they had not indeed died liketh what he said.

2: and did not wheezy thinketh to himself "Nice start".

The problem is that they did, in the sense that God removed them from the source of their eternal life. Plus, as in the rest of the creation account the word "day" has other meanings than 24 hours. They died inside God's day of rest, which is apparently still going now.

Banned

#212New Post! Jan 12, 2012 @ 17:36:44
@chaski Said

The bible does not say (or please correct and provide the passage) that Satan either "possessed" the serpent or took the guise (disguise) of a serpent.

If Satan did do this, it begs the question, why did god punish the serpent?

If the serpent was in fact a sneaky manipulative creature that "conned" Eve... well "he" would then deserve punishment... but it then begs the question, "why did god put the sneaking little jerk in the garden, knowing full well that the serpent was going to con Eve?"

No, and neither does it say he didn't. There are many details left out of the bible, if only to keep the book small enough to read.

For allowing itself to be used? I have no idea, the bible does not say. However there is no other indication that serpents could speak or were inherently evil.

And again, what makes you think God knew that would happen? It certainly doesn't fit in with the personality of the God I know and love.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#213New Post! Jan 12, 2012 @ 18:01:53
@MadCornishBiker Said

....what makes you think God knew that would happen?

Because he is supposed to be perfect... all knowing, all powerful, etc.

Banned

#215New Post! Jan 12, 2012 @ 18:21:31
Just as a quick, scriptural PS to the above:-

(James 1:3) "When under trial, let no one say: “I am being tried by God.” For with evil things God cannot be tried nor does he himself try anyone."
GreatestIam2 On January 06, 2023

Ottawa, Canada
#216New Post! Jan 22, 2012 @ 14:21:52
@chaski Said

Actually in the bible there is no reference to satan possessing the serpent. I think that part came from Milton's "Paradise Lost".

According to the bible, genesis: "Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the LORD God had made. "

So for whatever reason god told Adam (not Eve) that he could eat anything in garden except fruit from the 'tree of the knowledge of good and evil". To give Adam some credit, apparently Adam did tell Eve about this restriction.

Anyway....then god put a sneaking tricky serpent in the garden knowing that:

a) the serpent was going to try to convince Eve to eat the fruit, and

b) neither Adam nor Eve would have any concept that what they were doing was wrong until AFTER they ate the fruit from the 'tree of the knowledge of good and evil".

And finally, god started the whole lying thing by telling Adam and Eve, "...for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.” Ok, there are other translations of the bible that drop the "in the day" part.... so in some versions of the bible it was true... I guess they did actually die.... something like 900 years later.

Seems like God was being quite an odd parent. Not strange though for a God who planned and executed the murder of his own son.

It was God's plan from the beginning to have Adam and Eve eat the forbidden fruit. This can be demonstrated by the fact that the bible says that Jesus "was crucified from the foundations of the Earth," that is to say, God planned to crucify Jesus as atonement for sin before he even created human beings or gosh darned sin.

If God had not intended humans to sin from the beginning, why did he build into the Creation this "solution" for sin? Why create a solution for a problem you do not anticipate?

God knew that the moment he said "don't eat from that tree," the die was cast. The eating was inevitable. Eve was merely following the plan.

What kind of God would plan and execute the murder of his own son when there was absolutely no need to?

Only an insane God. That’s who.

The cornerstone of Christianity is human sacrifice, thus showing it‘s immorality.

Seems that the Jews, those who have the real authority to interpret their gospels, do not agree with what the Christians later put to Eden.

https://www.mrrena.com/misc/judaism2.php

Which interpretation makes more sense to you?

Regards
DL

Ottawa, Canada
#217New Post! Jan 22, 2012 @ 14:31:44
@MadCornishBiker Said

It was not, as I have explained before a talking snake. Stan was a trusted angel until he rebelled, since God trusts all His creation until they prove unworthy of that He had no reason to suspect Satan, and in fact it appears that Satan was looking after the Garden of Eden and that could explain why he was himself tempted by the idea of getting some of Adam and Eve's worship for himself.

I suggest you stop trying to make God think the way you do, and learn to think the way He does. After al, we have the "mind of Christ" too learn from. Maybe you would be able to understand Him yourself then.

No talking snakes are not real, so the snake must have been either Satan taking the form of a snake, or suing the snake as a "ventriloquist's dummy". The bible does not specify.

Now you are just making s*** up.

"appears that Satan was looking after the Garden"

Show where any of this B S is written.

You have just show that you are likely a Muslim trying to discredit Christianity.
It does not need your lies as it discredits itself quite well all by itself.

Regards
DL

Ottawa, Canada
#218New Post! Jan 22, 2012 @ 14:40:02
@MadCornishBiker Said

Just as a quick, scriptural PS to the above:-

(James 1:3) "When under trial, let no one say: “I am being tried by God.” For with evil things God cannot be tried nor does he himself try anyone."

Are you saying that all those he murdered or had murdered were never tried and found guilty of anything?

Wholesale slaughter without judgment. Wow.

Regards
DL
tariki On September 16, 2012

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#219New Post! Jan 22, 2012 @ 14:55:33
@GreatestIam2 Said

Now you are just making s*** up.

"appears that Satan was looking after the Garden"

Show where any of this B S is written.

You have just show that you are likely a Muslim trying to discredit Christianity.
It does not need your lies as it discredits itself quite well all by itself.

Regards
DL

DL, you were responding to the Biker's,,,I suggest you stop trying to make God think the way you do, and learn to think the way He does. After al, we have the "mind of Christ" too learn from. Maybe you would be able to understand Him yourself then.

Given what has been recognised as the "mind of Christ" by many who have given evidence of His spirit in their lives, to be honest I find these words by the Biker some of the saddest I have ever read.

Unless he is able to come to some sort of genuine understanding of his own paucity of understanding, only God's grace will be able to lead him out of his darkness.

I doubt I will be back. Really, what little time I can spend on forums - or wish to - will be far better spent elsewhere,

Ottawa, Canada
#220New Post! Jan 22, 2012 @ 15:01:40
@tariki Said

DL, you were responding to the Biker's,,,I suggest you stop trying to make God think the way you do, and learn to think the way He does. After al, we have the "mind of Christ" too learn from. Maybe you would be able to understand Him yourself then.

Given what has been recognised as the "mind of Christ" by many who have given evidence of His spirit in their lives, to be honest I find these words by the Biker some of the saddest I have ever read.

Unless he is able to come to some sort of genuine understanding of his own paucity of understanding, only God's grace will be able to lead him out of his darkness.

I doubt I will be back. Really, what little time I can spend on forums - or wish to - will be far better spent elsewhere,

I hope you can find some time over time.

As to your mind of God.
They have become as Gods, knowing good and evil.
I know evil and M C B has much evil in his heart and the loving thing to do is correct his flawed thinking.

Hard to do when he makes things up as he goes.

Regards
DL
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...13 14 15

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs