The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Religion & Philosophy

A really hard question on Satan and deception.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...6 7 8
MadCornishBiker On January 14, 2014

Banned

St Columb Road, United Kingdom
#106New Post! Oct 22, 2011 @ 16:27:17

Two things and then I am through with your pathetic apologetics.

One. there is no tinkering with the DNA of the egg because it does not have all the chromosomes required to create a viable life. it only has half.

If God used Mary, then the prophesy of the messiah coming from the line of David is broken.

Regards
DL

No, because both Mary and Joseph were in that line.

If God wants to put them there then they are, it's not exactly rocket science.
Electric_Banana On April 24, 2024

, New Zealand
#107New Post! Oct 23, 2011 @ 00:25:32
@MadCornishBiker Said

I guess that is a viewpoint. but not one I, or the bible, subscribe to.

Yeah but you're describing a race of beings that stopped advancing.

I used to figure, when I was a kid, if there really was a devil man would eventually discover it and remove it with man-made technology.
Edited: October 23, 2011 @ 00:25

Banned

#108New Post! Oct 23, 2011 @ 08:38:38
@Electric_Banana Said

Yeah but you're describing a race of beings that stopped advancing.

I used to figure, when I was a kid, if there really was a devil man would eventually discover it and remove it with man-made technology.

The problem is that I often feel that in many ways the race has advanced backwards, lol.

I doubt we could ever invent anything that powerful without destroying ourselves in the process.
tariki On September 16, 2012

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#109New Post! Oct 23, 2011 @ 14:29:59
@aquine Said

Proverbs 14:12
[12] There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

Aquine, I believe you are a man? And that you consider your own way to be right?

I would also point out that much that the Buddha taught was very counter-intuitive.

Also, I do wonder why you feel the need to continue to poke your "googled" verses at me, when it appears to be the MCB who actually denies the heart of the Christian Revelation on this Forum? Are you afraid of taking on his "logic"?

I merely claim that the "revelation" and its meaning extends beyond the intuitive assumptions of your own understanding; in effect, that God is greater than any of us, or whatever thoughts we may or may not have of "Him".

Nothing that knowledge can grasp or desire can want is God. Where knowledge and desire end, there is darkness, and there God shines. (Eckhart)

, New Zealand
#110New Post! Oct 23, 2011 @ 14:38:32
@MadCornishBiker Said

The problem is that I often feel that in many ways the race has advanced backwards, lol.

I doubt we could ever invent anything that powerful without destroying ourselves in the process.

Well my interpretation of what people call 'The Devil (and as I've said before) is a mind function that not only grants us distinct personalities and traits but also provides us with our individuality from one another.

If it is a function that was removed we would be like those alien drones where in we had trillions of bodies but we were still all the same person.

Banned

#111New Post! Oct 23, 2011 @ 16:55:31
@Electric_Banana Said

Well my interpretation of what people call 'The Devil (and as I've said before) is a mind function that not only grants us distinct personalities and traits but also provides us with our individuality from one another.

If it is a function that was removed we would be like those alien drones where in we had trillions of bodies but we were still all the same person.

If that were true I think I'd rather the devil I know, lol. At least one can say no.

, New Zealand
#112New Post! Oct 23, 2011 @ 19:05:25
@MadCornishBiker Said

If that were true I think I'd rather the devil I know, lol. At least one can say no.

Don't worry, man. If there really is a Satan I'll eventually piss it off with my smart a** comments so much that it will come running out of hiding to yell at me and then we can all take turns beating it with rubber chickens.

Banned

#113New Post! Oct 23, 2011 @ 20:14:58
@Electric_Banana Said

Don't worry, man. If there really is a Satan I'll eventually piss it off with my smart a** comments so much that it will come running out of hiding to yell at me and then we can all take turns beating it with rubber chickens.

Oh no, lol, that is the sort of thing he likes. In fact he likes anything that takes people away from God. Absolutely anything, whether it appears to be good bad or indifferent
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...6 7 8

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs